Headlight problems with modern cars?

Terrylmt

It's because usually those that forget to switch on their headlights probably belong to the same group as road hoggers ....so they are pretty immune to being horned or flash.

Yeah I also think so.. the correlation is not surprising.

↡ Advertisement

M/cycles are supposed to be wired to be always on at all times of the day.

Yes motorcycles nowaday are. In my case, it was close to 20yrs ago and the headlight of the bike that I rode can be manually turned off with a switch. The incident happened in the early afternoon during a TP ops near a popular bike shop at kelantan lane. Edited by Sotong1977

Depends on which car model.

PML said full led and adaptive ones all replaced whole unit

Damn scary price

Still old xenon better.

Just changed bulbs

• Praise 2

Not sure why nowadays really got more goondus without headlights on at night.

You tap horn or flash light then gesture, all act blur, don’t want turn & acknowledge.. siao one.

They get exposed to it so often that they are immune.. lol

What about those that do not switchon their headlights but drive in the night with their foglights on only? To look stylo or forgot to switch on headlights?

What about those that do not switchon their headlights but drive in the night with their foglights on only? To look stylo or forgot to switch on headlights?

Fog light bulbs are cheaper. HAHA...

Only "Bengs" did this stupid act. [thumbsdown]  [furious]

PML said full led and adaptive ones all replaced whole unit

Damn scary price

Still old xenon better.

Just changed bulbs

Nowadays many cars uses LED lights. Do be careful as bright white (contains blue) LED light damages the eye's retina. Try not to look directly into any headlights.

https://www.advancedvisioncare.co.uk/do-leds-cause-eye-damage/

• Praise 3

Nowadays many cars uses LED lights. Do be careful as bright white (contains blue) LED light damages the eye's retina. Try not to look directly into any headlights.

https://www.advancedvisioncare.co.uk/do-leds-cause-eye-damage/

This is one thing which I don't understand. Knowing that the bluelight is harming to the eyes and yet manufacturers are using them and people think white light or bluish light as premium.

And also from white to bluish hue, if the weather is adverse, for our case will be heavy downpour, white light is as good as useless.

Yellowish light is known to be friendly to the eyes and not at all glaring and it is the best colour performance during adverse weather but manufacturers are turning away from it.

The only thing I can think of why white light or these so-call blue light harmful emitters are becoming a common adoption for car lightings is perhaps, blue light is known to alter the signal to the brain and keep the brain awake (read somewhere about smartphones blue light concerns on health) and perhaps due to the glare emitted as well, keeps driver awake and also aware of one another?

• Praise 3

This is one thing which I don't understand. Knowing that the bluelight is harming to the eyes and yet manufacturers are using them and people think white light or bluish light as premium.

And also from white to bluish hue, if the weather is adverse, for our case will be heavy downpour, white light is as good as useless.

Yellowish light is known to be friendly to the eyes and not at all glaring and it is the best colour performance during adverse weather but manufacturers are turning away from it.

The only thing I can think of why white light or these so-call blue light harmful emitters are becoming a common adoption for car lightings is perhaps, blue light is known to alter the signal to the brain and keep the brain awake (read somewhere about smartphones blue light concerns on health) and perhaps due to the glare emitted as well, keeps driver awake and also aware of one another?

Having said that, this is one thing I don't really understand about some drivers who switch on their headlights as well as the foglights. Our roads are already quite lit up, having headlights are sufficient enough. Why the foglights? Some of the foglights are so bright that it can blind the drivers infront of them. Honestly the worse are those drivers who switch on their high beam without knowing that...   

Having said that, this is one thing I don't really understand about some drivers who switch on their headlights as well as the foglights. Our roads are already quite lit up, having headlights are sufficient enough. Why the foglights? Some of the foglights are so bright that it can blind the drivers infront of them. Honestly the worse are those drivers who switch on their high beam without knowing that...   

Foglights are installed for a purpose, lighting the immediate lower front and front sides. To supplement the headlights which has lights that are normally projected further forward to light the way ahead, in foggy or hazy situations. That is also why they come with more yellowish halogen lights, which can cut through fog or haze better compared to white or blue light.

The situations and environments in SG seldom require the use of foglights, the only time I can think of is in heavy downpours or thunderstorms when you look in the rear view mirror and can hardly even see the headlights of cars behind, that's when switching the front and rear foglights help (to let other road users see you).

Then there are those who install LED lights in their foglights to look cool or stylo, which defeats the purpose cos no one can see them cos their LED foglights are too bright and blinds the very people they want to impress!

I’ve encountered those that do not on their headlight even thou their car’s dash board are not the auto type. Seriously amazing.. when stopping beside them at the traffic, total darkeness.

From my encounters these Drivers are the “Kah You” types. Wanted to inform them but these drivers, their vision are just glued to the road in front.

• Praise 1