Frozen shoulder

Jman888

Painkillers seems to be the trend for old people.

I get backache, sometimes, sitting at the computer chair too long.

I got a few ready to standby, cataflam, naproxen (from JB)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

attachicon.gifcomb tw.jpg

This will save you.

Use this to comb your neck to shoulder.

Then the arm muscles.

But got inflame, do comb. Anyway, you pain till die if you comb over an inflame area.

The idea is to loosen the muscles at your neck and shoulder.

Do this after your physio treatment. More for maintenance.

Where to buy?

I bought from 仕林夜市. The only place I know got sell.

:D

[thumbsup]   going next January, duno can wait, maybe by then recover liao  [laugh]

Basically u just want to keep moving your shoulder to preserve your range of motion. Just do whichever doesn't cause u too great a discomfort. But u need to be doing this daily to see good results. Not do a few times will get better cos these are exercises to reduce the impact of the frozen shoulder on your joint mobility.

• Praise 5

Bro, many pple believe in him. hahaha.. Can see video..

http://wahtohtittar.com.my/locate-us/

Not advertising for him.. Just to show that many pple go to him for treatments.

A skilled tui na can give temporary relief for musculoskeletal issues.

I used to go to one when I was young and strained my back or twisted my ankle. It's like can't even weight bear to can weight bear. But OK lah for non weight bearing joints. Spine etc then have to be careful.

Even my fil tui na can tell him got frozen shoulder.

The first woman in the video just has myofascial trigger points in her trapezius muscles. That's why she feels pain when he presses. U can't cure arthritis like that. But she has some element of referred pain from her trapezius affecting her arm and hand which is what he understood. Her joints will still be stiff in the morning.

[thumbsup] going next January, duno can wait, maybe by then recover liao [laugh]

It will come back one. Trust me. :D

If you go, do buy the book that teach you how to use the comb. Frozen shoulder treatment is there. Tehni elbow also have. Good for RadX.

I used to go to one when I was young and strained my back or twisted my ankle. It's like can't even weight bear to can weight bear. But OK lah for non weight bearing joints. Spine etc then have to be careful.

The first woman in the video just has myofascial trigger points in her trapezius muscles. That's why she feels pain when he presses. U can't cure arthritis like that. But she has some element of referred pain from her trapezius affecting her arm and hand which is what he understood. Her joints will still be stiff in the morning.

Wah.. So Chim... Thanks for the info.. learnt something new today.

yes that is what i feel, some simple exercise can loosen the joint, but the pain came back in the evening and won't be able to sleep half of the night. Morning the stiffness slowly ease off but still restrict 70% of the movement.

comb tw.jpg

This will save you.

Use this to comb your neck to shoulder.

Then the arm muscles.

But got inflame, do comb. Anyway, you pain till die if you comb over an inflame area.

The idea is to loosen the muscles at your neck and shoulder.

Do this after your physio treatment. More for maintenance.

Where to buy?

I bought from ä»æå¤å¸. The only place I know got sell.

:D

This is a deep tissue stimulator to release myofascial trigger points.

I just do it myself. I knead my own muscles like how you knead bread. Can be painful but very shiok afterwards.

Lot of athletes do massages or use vibrating versions of this to massage their muscles for the same purpose. Deep tissue stimulation

thanks, then the painkiller probably has anti inflammation.

isn't kinesio tape is to restrict moment? mine think quite restricted liao, i dun even dare to move become a phobia that it will trigger the pain [laugh]

Don’t carry heavy stuff now.

1st I consulted my doctor and I requested for X-tray (done at Radx) to ascertain no other issue. Doctor then advised physiotherapy.

• Praise 1

Basically u just want to keep moving your shoulder to preserve your range of motion. Just do whichever doesn't cause u too great a discomfort. But u need to be doing this daily to see good results. Not do a few times will get better cos these are exercises to reduce the impact of the frozen shoulder on your joint mobility.

Always feel that healing comes from physio therapy that should be done more regularly than what the doctor prescribed, which is usually once per week. In fact in rehab, it is done every day. Which is why some people don't see result from physiotherapy, coz it's not done enough.

My right leg injury, to give the leg some activities, I still try to run regularly, making sure the pain does not goes above level 2 and kept the distance short. Took more than 6 months, last week AHM completion can more or less say it has healed.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

yes that is what i feel, some simple exercise can loosen the joint, but the pain came back in the evening and won't be able to sleep half of the night. Morning the stiffness slowly ease off but still restrict 70% of the movement.

i kana since last oct or november. The pain got worse and with time. Carry thing is one thing but when i stretch or try to pull anything it hurts like hell. Cant even lift my arm because it hurts. Even a simple knock on arm hurt very badly. The movement of the arm became very restricted. The pain only subsided last jun or july and slowly i can stretch my arm but still can feel the pain if i move to the extreme.......now i have phobia to force my arm beyond some extreme point. Take care........the pain is really bad.
  • Praise 1

I ever had frozen shoulder due to what I’d called “sport injury”, just to make it sounded more glam but I actually got it during mounting of bike onto the roof rack.

• Praise 3

It may sound or look like a frozen shoulder.... mine was getting treatment at CGH Sports Medicine until after over 6 to 8 months of physio and regimen ....... and what not ........the therapist one fine day suspected its not frozen shoulder but could be torn rotator cuff...... and flagged the doctor....... went for MRI  ... fast forward 6 months later I had to do arthoscopic surgery as of the 4 tendons , one was torn (need implant) another needed mending.... the other 2 were OK    ... cant remember the names but something like supraspinatus, subscapularis, infraspinatus and torres something... could have taken CGH to task but just let it pass.... but after that no more contact sports like soccer     

• Praise 2

i recently put a TENS unit to relax the muscles around it, esp the rotator cuff areas. REally relaxes the muscles there

the next few threads recentl on aging issues

sleep

Shoulder ache

Headache

whataverache.....

you just gotten married!
  • Praise 3

It may sound or look like a frozen shoulder.... mine was getting treatment at CGH Sports Medicine until after over 6 to 8 months of physio and regimen ....... and what not ........the therapist one fine day suspected its not frozen shoulder but could be torn rotator cuff...... and flagged the doctor....... went for MRI ... fast forward 6 months later I had to do arthoscopic surgery as of the 4 tendons , one was torn (need implant) another needed mending.... the other 2 were OK ... cant remember the names but something like supraspinatus, subscapularis, infraspinatus and torres something... could have taken CGH to task but just let it pass.... but after that no more contact sports like soccer

Generally speaking rotator cuff tendinitis or tendinopathy is more common in younger folks. For older folks usually 60s and above, frozen shoulder is more often.

Frozen shoulder has a tendency to be painful even at night. Very aching feeling. Where as rotator cuff if you don't sleep with arm under pillow should be relatively OK.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement