Cannot invest CPF SA anymore ?

Ysc3

Double whammy actually. You lost the interest from CPF Board + accrued interest to be paid. 20 years down the road. That's a lot of money!  :TT_TT:

ok what ... ownself pay ownself ... [thumbsup]

the scary part is walk into negative teritory

sales proceed is less than cpf widthdrawal + accrued interest

then become ownself owe ownself ... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Don't be too happy to use CPF for housing. You need to pay yourself interest for using your own money.

Sometimes don't know CPF is your own money or not...

Sometimes don't know CPF is your own money or not...

it’s yours la

what if $500k MS and can only start draw down at age 93 ... laoma as an example ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Brothers, i bought a certain product from ntuc yrs back and only matures when i am 63 at a given margin. Now the amount stated has gone beyond that margin and they have stopped investing. Question is, what will be the amount i will get back (returned to my sa) should i decide to sell it now as it will be more than 10 yrs before its maturity. Thank you in advance.post-60339-0-13503000-1536379015_thumb.png

Brothers, i bought a certain product from ntuc yrs back and only matures when i am 63 at a given margin. Now the amount stated has gone beyond that margin and they have stopped investing. Question is, what will be the amount i will get back (returned to my sa) should i decide to sell it now as it will be more than 10 yrs before its maturity. Thank you in advance.attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180908-114431.png

Wah, high SES

Brothers, i bought a certain product from ntuc yrs back and only matures when i am 63 at a given margin. Now the amount stated has gone beyond that margin and they have stopped investing. Question is, what will be the amount i will get back (returned to my sa) should i decide to sell it now as it will be more than 10 yrs before its maturity. Thank you in advance. Screenshot_20180908-114431.png

Every policy term sheet will hv a table indicating a value known as the “surrender value”. This is what u will get back at the point of sureender.

Every policy term sheet will hv a table indicating a value known as the “surrender value”. This is what u will get back at the point of sureender.

maybe get half oni if i sell off when i reach 55.....better than nothing. Retirement sum at 55 but actual retirement at 63......gov sure give a good deal!

Actually what i remembered when i was buying was a guaranteed sum of $44k at the age of 63 if i buy $10k. Now the value is 54k+......better call the guy in charge......thanks anyway.

Edited by Eviilusion

maybe get half oni if i sell off when i reach 55.....better than nothing. Retirement sum at 55 but actual retirement at 63......gov sure give a good deal!

Actually what i remembered when i was buying was a guaranteed sum of $44k at the age of 63 if i buy $10k. Now the value is 54k+......better call the guy in charge......thanks anyway.

Profit 54 - 10 = 44k v good leh

should have maxed out my SA back then....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£.

not sure....i didnt asked. Was more interested with the return of $44k for a $10k commitment. Now maciam very small sum....ð¢ð¢ð¢...but i also contented...must follow what our PM say.

10k earns $44k ....superb. When did you invest?

If the yield of investment is higher than 4% pa + 1%(for 1st 60k in CPF), then make sense to keep it vested.

Or else could be better to surrender the plan as already gotten 4x the principal amount.

• Praise 1

If the yield of investment is higher than 4% pa + 1%(for 1st 60k in CPF), then make sense to keep it vested.

Or else could be better to surrender the plan as already gotten 4x the principal amount.

as bro yoongf oredy mentioned if surrender early maybe kana penalty....have to ask the the current agent handling my folio. If no penalty i will surely dump back into my SA. It grew by $2k as i remembered it was about $54k last december.....maybe through interest as they had stopped any investments for quite sometime if not wrong since the sum was about $45k.
↡ Advertisement