Missing (MIA) husband, what to do next?

Ysc3

what you guys think of a SG male in his mid 30s going under the radar in SG for more than 3 years ? possible ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Db?

my cousin's GFN husband went MIA about 3+ years ago.

she made a police report but till today no news from the cops ... ICA no record also.

check with the in-laws, all say no news also ... (dunno real or not lah ....)

my cousin has to bring up her two kids (now 8 and 15) all by herself and pay for the flat herself also.

yesterday, a relative consulted with the temple medium and the medium said he cannot sense my cousin's husband in this world ??

• Praise 2

she made a police report but till today no news from the cops ... ICA no record also.

my cousin has to bring up her two kids (now 8 and 15) all by herself and pay for the flat herself also.

yesterday, a relative consulted with the temple medium and the medium said he cannot sense my cousin's husband in this world ??

what is GFN?

he runaway from ah long?

what is GFN? Good for Nothing.

he runaway from ah long? Running away from responsibilities as a father and husband.

I thought I only heard of this in the past. Now also young ppl like that.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

my cousin has to bring up her two kids (now 8 and 15) all by herself and pay for the flat herself also.

yesterday, a relative consulted with the temple medium and the medium said he cannot sense my cousin's husband in this world ??

In-laws hiding him. Or enjoying free food & medical care in Changi Chalet.

If he's no more in the world, your cousin is better off without a GFN hubby who is an additional burden.

But I guess she still needs to know where or what happened to him for closure.

In-laws hiding him. Or enjoying free food & medical care in Changi Chalet.

If he's no more in the world, your cousin is better off without a GFN hubby who is an additional burden.

But I guess she still needs to know where or what happened to him for closure.

if in jail, I think the cops will know right ? and they would tell her coz she's the wife right ?

and if in coma in hospital, I am sure his fingerprints would have been used to id him already.

the only thing that might be hiding him is the in-laws ...

is there a clause in our laws that will allow my cousin to declare him as missing or dead after being unable to contact him after a certain period of time ?

as least can come to a closure and remove his name from everything and maybe take his CPF(if any?)

at the same time can force his family to tell if they are really hiding anything.(coz they really appear bochup)

if in jail, I think the cops will know right ? and they would tell her coz she's the wife right ?

and if in coma in hospital, I am sure his fingerprints would have been used to id him already.

is there a clause in our laws that will allow my cousin to declare him as missing or dead after being unable to contact him after a certain period of time ?

as least can come to a closure and remove his name from everything and maybe take his CPF(if any?)

at the same time can force his family to tell if they are really hiding anything.(coz they really appear bochup)

if want to touch his asset without any proof, better ask lawyer to help.

• Praise 1

as least can come to a closure and remove his name from everything and maybe take his CPF(if any?)

Wondered if she made a police report about his disappearance?

I think she can only have him formally declared dead ? 3 years after that report.

Maybe get your cousin to inform in-laws about her intention to declare him dead & gauge their reaction to the announcement.

• Praise 2

There's a legal company for such cases see whether your cousin want to seek help there.

Look into uncontested divorce proceedings.

https://uncontesteddivorcesingapore.com/services/

Wish your cousin all the best. Hope she can find a better husband and father for her children.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

if want to touch his asset without any proof, better ask lawyer to help.

I thk the only asset he has is his CPF - if any ... coz my cousin has been paying for the flat herself all along.

lazy SOB ... only do part time work and suka suka work or don't work ...

last time he never make money, no one say anything coz he still goes home everyday to be a father to his kids.

then he disappeared into thin air, that's the last straw.

Wondered if she made a police report about his disappearance?

I think she can only have him formally declared dead ? 3 years after that report.

Maybe get your cousin to inform in-laws about her intention to declare him dead & gauge their reaction to the announcement.

its been about 3 years  ... was thinking of telling her to do it also when I heard the relative's comment from the temple medium yesterday.

If in jail overseas, then SPF will not know. I know someone who was in jail overseas for 20 years, nobody knew where he was except his parents, but were hush hush about it.

but ICA no record of him leaving the country ... but leaving "this world" still no one knows.

There's a legal company for such cases see whether your cousin want to seek help there.

Look into uncontested divorce proceedings.

https://uncontesteddivorcesingapore.com/services/

Wish your cousin all the best. Hope she can find a better husband and father for her children.

sad ... got to spend money first before knowing got any money to collect or not also ...

if so, she might just leave things the way they are ... she's already maxed out.

but I doubt she is looking forward to having a complete family anymore ... lucky the two kids are good kids.

yeah divorce the fella and try to get the flat. useless man. 

sad ... got to spend money first before knowing got any money to collect or not also ...

if so, she might just leave things the way they are ... she's already maxed out.

but I doubt she is looking forward to having a complete family anymore ... lucky the two kids are good kids.

go ask for advice via legal aid bureau.

https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/content/lab/en/about-us/contact-us.html

• Praise 2

If he didn't use his passport to leave via one of the ICA exit points then there will be no records. Remember "either he is in SG, or not in SG?"

the fella is almost penniless ...I really doubt he had the means of leaving the country illegally.

yeah divorce the fella and try to get the flat. useless man. 

go ask for advice via legal aid bureau.

https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/content/lab/en/about-us/contact-us.html

another sad state of things ... my cousin paid for the flat all by herself ... and yet now, have to fight to get it back.

Edited by Ysc3

the fella is almost penniless ...I really doubt he had the means of leaving the country illegally.

another sad state of things ... my cousin paid for the flat all by herself ... and yet now, have to fight to get it back.

if ur cousin can prove she paid for most of it. plus she didn't get any maintenance for 3 years.

I'm sure the lawyers can do something. Though your cousin must have the determination to get things done.

just found something here .... seems like too early now to do anything now ...

Estate Planning Implications and Problems

1. A missing person is not considered dead, and therefore no one can access his/her bank account, life policy, CPF etc. This can create serious problems, because if the missing person is the main breadwinner, the family can easily fall into a cash flow problem.
  2. If the missing person owns a property jointly with his/her spouse, the spouse cannot make any transactions (e.g. sell the property, re-finance etc) involving the property. At the same time, the spouse has to continue servicing the mortgage.
  3. Similar to item (a), the family members cannot claim the proceeds from the missing person’s life policy from the insurance company because he/she is technically “not dead”.
  4. Without the presumption of death certificate, no estate settlement process can be initiated. The assets will be frozen, but the liabilities will continue. For example, un-paid credit bills will continue to incur interests and late fees.
  5. The surviving spouse is still considered married, she is in actual fact a “living widow”. She cannot re-marry.

Edited by Ysc3

IIRC is 7 years from reported date.

But best to check with the police since report already made.

All the best to your cousin.  [:/]

• Praise 1

Declare as dead is better, coz hubby asset goes to spouse. Although his has not much of an asset, at least the wife will be able to get his share of the flat.
↡ Advertisement