Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

The population of PMDs and escooters needs to be curbed.

I say implement COEs, ERP, road and pavement taxes for this group of vehicles.

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

MAN YOU ARE BRUTAL

• Praise 1

i believe the introduction / implementation of PMD, like everything else today, no planning or think through.

we want to promote a healthier lifestyle ask people to do more exercise, walk more and dont take lift instead walk up and down the stairs - then PMD for what?

already at the word go, many said speed limit a bit high, like roads - you say speed limit 80 people will drive at just below 90 because they know TP will not catch, so reality PMD speed would be higher, now drop PMD speed to 10, BTW you know those motorized wheelchairs can go faster than 10

funny why we must make life so complicated here

first implement something

then add restriction rule 1

then add minor amendment to rule 1

again later change rule 1 and replaced by rule 2

and so on

this is NOT FINE TUNING but just shear poor planning / implementation

No govt in the world is perfect. What differentiate a good govt from a bad one is the ability to admit it's wrong
  • Praise 1

Yes - the cycle path and shared path needs to be funded!  If this group of users don't contribute towards the building and maintenance of the paths, then they are raiding the reserves!

• Praise 3

Yes - the cycle path and shared path needs to be funded!  If this group of users don't contribute towards the building and maintenance of the paths, then they are raiding the reserves!

best post of the year. [thumbsup]

yeah man, need to collect path tax from them also, need do repair and maintance.

Edited by Beregond

Frankly speaking we will continue to built more parks and links between the parks and more people will go for PMD as it is convenient and takes people to places. The whole world is into it, not just us. We have been giving excuses here and there. Giving reasons here and there. Debating here and there trying to solve it. No way it gonna help. PMDs will be here to stay and the future mode of transport for some or many. Mishaps will continue to happen if humans and machines continue to share the one walkway. Really someone really has to do something serious and no masak masak. Whoever in charge should really think hard whether it will be good to divide the pathway or have two pathways and put in more road strips to maintain speed. One for pedestrians and one for PMDs. Too much wayang leow with too much talk.

In politic-speak, it is a "calibrated approach", following a "timely" review. If can sneak in the word "affordable" somewhere, even better.

When delivering the message, all MPs fall into formation behind the MP/Minister being interviewed, with one person designated to nod occasionally.

But I thought the roads and foot paths not paid by road tax?

left pocket right pocket.

Does it matter which part of the whole fiscal income goes to which part of the system?

All the COE and ERP collected also goes into the same common pool to be redistributed in one way or another.

My income tax paid can only go towards paying for MP/Cabinet/President/Civil servant's income?

But I thought the roads and foot paths not paid by road tax?

No govt in the world is perfect. What differentiate a good govt from a bad one is the ability to admit it's wrong

agree no govt in the world is perfect

but which government pays itself our of the universe salary with after two terms you get permanent pension, on top of that is there any accountability?

Admit wrong, have the government ever admit they were ever wrong BUT more like the public is wrong most of the time

I dont quite agree with you and your statement "what differentiate a good goverment from a bad one is the ability to admit it's wrong". So if a government keeps making wrong policies ALL the time and they keep admitting they are wrong, so it is a good government?

I believe a good government is one that improves people's life and not just improve our country's economy. There is balance but in doubt, people's lives comes first.

This is getting so ridiculous that we are beginning to look like Mr Bean's world. Waste of resources because of poor implementation.

No wondered we need to increase GST by 2%

41294792_10215222012017444_2775584836507

someone went 13km/h! 

• Praise 2

agree no govt in the world is perfect

but which government pays itself our of the universe salary with after two terms you get permanent pension, on top of that is there any accountability?

Admit wrong, have the government ever admit they were ever wrong BUT more like the public is wrong most of the time

I dont quite agree with you and your statement "what differentiate a good goverment from a bad one is the ability to admit it's wrong". So if a government keeps making wrong policies ALL the time and they keep admitting they are wrong, so it is a good government?

I believe a good government is one that improves people's life and not just improve our country's economy. There is balance but in doubt, people's lives comes first.

With the ever increasing living cost, I do not see people lives bring improved .

Gst increase also coming soon.

• Praise 1

With the ever increasing living cost, I do not see people lives bring improved .

Gst increase also coming soon.

you are absolutely right Roger

• Praise 1

Most ppl got smartphone. Got gps/navigation means can track speed.

Then if look at smartphone n bang into pedestrian how?
↡ Advertisement