Comex 2018

RadX

Comes with the charger?

How long is the charging time?

When i bought, it reads 1.3v. My digital charger charge it at 500mah and took about 40mins for it to reach 1.5v full charge.

I am using Nitecore D2 charger.

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement

Comes with the charger?

How long is the charging time?

wah... i have yet to check it out leh.

in the meantime i wanna milk all the bloody GPs i have dry first. until all up lorry already, then i will get replacements.

you help leh, go try out and feedback pls [laugh]

for amazon prime in singapore, amazon is the seller. 

download the app.

ok ok tk...

If cannot, can xchange for chix wings..

2 batts for 1 wing..

So far , never see any do that so should last bah..

Never heard of such offers before.  [confused]

Then but from Amazon prime lor.

Trillion dollars coy. Those with storefront at comex could still be a fly by night retailer

Amazon batteries (the more expensive ones) are rebranded eneloop. Ikea ones, I don't think so leh - specs are different.

Wah. I sound like Amazon marketing rep.

yeah i have a lot of amazon ones.

i have about 20 each of both AA and AAA being used throughout the house.

But even the original GP ones i bought like almost 10 years ago are still being used. I also have some eneloop being used.

But very low discharge rate type of scenarios. Just the remotes, doorbell etc.

wah... i have yet to check it out leh.

in the meantime i wanna milk all the bloody GPs i have dry first. until all up lorry already, then i will get replacements.

you help leh, go try out and feedback pls [laugh]

ok ok tk...

rechargeable batteries last for a very long time one lah.

refer to my above.

See COMEX got good offer or not. 

You go Comex just to buy rechargable battery? Might as well buy from NTUC? Parking or bus/MRT fare how much liao?

• Praise 2

See COMEX got good offer or not. 

Sanyo eneloop aka Panasonic eneloop are the best, at least for me. I am still using some of those bought more than 10 years ago. Can hold charge for a long time and won't leak! I only used those made in Japan ones as the Panasonic is selling made in China ones in SG after they took over from Sanyo. There are some difference in terms of discharge/capacity/version but still safe to buy from Amazon.

You go Comex just to buy rechargable battery? Might as well buy from NTUC? Parking or bus/MRT fare how much liao?

Eneloop battery costs about $4 each hor.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd

I bought a 32gb one for mine. if u want 128gb probably darn expensive bah.

Sandisk not very reputable now. Can consider Samsung/Sony. 

Sanyo eneloop aka Panasonic eneloop are the best, at least for me. I am still using some of those bought more than 10 years ago. Can hold charge for a long time and won't leak! I only used those made in Japan ones as the Panasonic is selling made in China ones in SG after they took over from Sanyo. There are some difference in terms of discharge/capacity/version but still safe to buy from Amazon.

Eneloop battery costs about $4 each hor.

Sandisk not very reputable now. Can consider Samsung/Sony. 

Sandisk ok one lah. I have a few Sandisk extreme for my DSLR. all bo taichi one.

But most recently i switched to samsung.evo select cos it's cheaper and has good reviews. Agreed not worth paying the premium for sandisk products usually. But this sandisk endurance is cheaper than it's counterparts like transcend. 

Recording car cam footage doesn't need fast write speed but just needs a card rated for repeated overwrites.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

yeah i have a lot of amazon ones.

i have about 20 each of both AA and AAA being used throughout the house.

But even the original GP ones i bought like almost 10 years ago are still being used. I also have some eneloop being used.

But very low discharge rate type of scenarios. Just the remotes, doorbell etc.

rechargeable batteries last for a very long time one lah.

refer to my above.

But my experience with the TMD GP ones really bad leh.

I bought lots of the GP Recyko, i think just like what you have, maybe a few more for AAA even.

Started with a few ~10 yr ago, buying those offer normal charger (can charge 2 only, need ~12 hr for full charge) bundled with 2 FOC batts inside.

Initially tot quite ok, so stocked up later. About 7-8 yr ago, even bought the expensive $50+ 2-hr fast charger that can charge 4 at same time.

The stupid expensive charger didn't even last 2 yr, then spoilt already!!!

But i bring the batts to my office to charge, using a similar fast charger. But basket, got many cannot charge, and i must have thrown at least 6-8 pcs away over the years. And more and more of the batts all cannot charge on the fast charger!

They were also very very difficult to be recharged when put inside my cordless phones.

Then only last year, by chance i saw the old charger at home, and used it - and found that a few of those that could not be charged on the fast charger, can actually be charged on the slow charger...

No idea why GP batts become cannot be charged on expensive GP charger...

In any case, confirmed won't buy GP ever again...

• Praise 1

i didn't buy so many of the GP ones. Only had 4. My main problem was that their brand label on their batteries make it a bit fatter compared to other batteries. It doesn't fit well in some devices like my wireless mouse whereas other brands fit just nice.

ok lah. Just buy some and use lor. Still better than alkaline batteries. so waste environment.

my work place still use alkaline batteries. i find it so wasteful.

I bought lots of the GP Recyko, i think just like what you have, maybe a few more for AAA even.

Started with a few ~10 yr ago, buying those offer normal charger (can charge 2 only, need ~12 hr for full charge) bundled with 2 FOC batts inside.

Initially tot quite ok, so stocked up later. About 7-8 yr ago, even bought the expensive $50+ 2-hr fast charger that can charge 4 at same time.

But i bring the batts to my office to charge, using a similar fast charger. But basket, got many cannot charge, and i must have thrown at least 6-8 pcs away over the years. And more and more of the batts all cannot charge on the fast charger!

They were also very very difficult to be recharged when put inside my cordless phones.

Then only last year, by chance i saw the old charger at home, and used it - and found that a few of those that could not be charged on the fast charger, can actually be charged on the slow charger...

Suggest that you buy the expensive charger if going down the rechargeable battery route. I bought the Maha powerex charger from reddot many years ago when they were running a promotion. http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/general-accessories/power-systems/chargers.html. The Maha charger can "condition" the rechargeable batteries and do slow charging.

Edited by iwonder

i didn't buy so many of the GP ones. Only had 4. My main problem was that their brand label on their batteries make it a bit fatter compared to other batteries. It doesn't fit well in some devices like my wireless mouse whereas other brands fit just nice.

ok lah. Just buy some and use lor. Still better than alkaline batteries. so waste environment.

my work place still use alkaline batteries. i find it so wasteful.

Forget about their chargeable baltteries .... I bought their GP gold color alkaline batteries about 4 years back put in my clock and AC remote .... all leak after some time ( maybe a year ) and some liquid comes out and both remote and clock kaput , cost me another $30 to buy a new remote and for clock new mechanism cost me $20 plus time wasted cleaning and trying to repair and sunning it but still cannot )
  • Praise 3

Take a conducting wire, short the 2 ends of the battery together if it can't charge.

Then try to charge it again.

Forget about their chargeable baltteries .... I bought their GP gold color alkaline batteries about 4 years back put in my clock and AC remote .... all leak after some time ( maybe a year ) and some liquid comes out and both remote and clock kaput , cost me another $30 to buy a new remote and for clock new mechanism cost me $20 plus time wasted cleaning and trying to repair and sunning it but still cannot )

haha i think any brand alkaline can leak lah. I learnt my lesson liao. Yeah had to pay like 25-30 dollars for one remote.

Since then i only use rechargeables.

Another vote here for MIJ Eneloops. Amazonbasics rechareables also repacked Eneloops.

Use them with a LaCrosse charger. So far so good. All bought off AMazon.

haha i think any brand alkaline can leak lah. I learnt my lesson liao. Yeah had to pay like 25-30 dollars for one remote.

Since then i only use rechargeables.

Same, learnt my lesson as Alkaline batteries always leak. Have been using rechargeable batteries for more than 10 years now. The savings from "no need to replace those electronics due to leaking alkaline batteries" more or less compensate the higher costs of rechargeable batteries.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1