Comex 2018

RadX

Another vote here for MIJ Eneloops. Amazonbasics rechareables also repacked Eneloops.

Use them with a LaCrosse charger. So far so good. All bought off AMazon.

make sure you buy the MIJ amazonbasics.

the cheaper ones are good too but not eneloops.

↡ Advertisement

Comex and u all tok rechargeable batteries.....LOL

Better than compare insurance plans or credit card benefits. Battery is still somewhat related to thread title.

• Praise 1

Comex and u all tok rechargeable batteries.....LOL

computer fair is dying lol

am surprised they are still running this.

• Praise 1

Same, learnt my lesson as Alkaline batteries always leak. Have been using rechargeable batteries for more than 10 years now. The savings from "no need to replace those electronics due to leaking alkaline batteries" more or less compensate the higher costs of rechargeable batteries.  

Alkaline battery technology has become pretty stagnant.

Still leaks quite easily.  [smash]

Poke head in to see what people buy [laugh]

Like this? :grin:

Suggest that you buy the expensive charger if going down the rechargeable battery route. I bought the Maha powerex charger from reddot many years ago when they were running a promotion. http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/general-accessories/power-systems/chargers.html. The Maha charger can "condition" the rechargeable batteries and do slow charging.

Maha power!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, If put Maha power battery picture in Malaysia thread means what ah :grin:

post-25827-0-47638400-1536190977.gif

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

Suggest that you buy the expensive charger if going down the rechargeable battery route. I bought the Maha powerex charger from reddot many years ago when they were running a promotion. http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/general-accessories/power-systems/chargers.html. The Maha charger can "condition" the rechargeable batteries and do slow charging.

tks... first time hearing this Maha brand - but admittedly i only know the ones sold in NTUC/Giant/Challenger and the like...

Is it good and lasting?

Also, what's this you mentioned about conditioning and slow charging? Is it good or bad to charge fast or slow? I am clueless on such things. Only felt that if can finish charging and start using in 2 hr, it's better than having to wait 12 hr on a normal (slow) charger...

Take a conducting wire, short the 2 ends of the battery together if it can't charge.

Then try to charge it again.

hmm... can tell the logic behind this? I not a physics person, but like to learn leh...

make sure you buy the MIJ amazonbasics.

the cheaper ones are good too but not eneloops.

Yes yes. I read a lot before buying. I think there's a reviewer in that, Lee the Engineer, or something like that. Also Googled. [thumbsup]

Chill - Link doesn't work anymore

I wouldn't sign up on this link.

The disclaimer gives them the right to spam your email for other bulls**t. Why can't they keep it to comex2018?

tks... first time hearing this Maha brand - but admittedly i only know the ones sold in NTUC/Giant/Challenger and the like...

Is it good and lasting?

Also, what's this you mentioned about conditioning and slow charging? Is it good or bad to charge fast or slow? I am clueless on such things. Only felt that if can finish charging and start using in 2 hr, it's better than having to wait 12 hr on a normal (slow) charger...

hmm... can tell the logic behind this? I not a physics person, but like to learn leh...

Fast charging introduce lots of heat in the Ni-MH batteries. Thus leading false peak charge. So slow charging is preferred to ensure that the battery is fully charged. A good digital charger comes with a temperature probe which you attach to the battery while charging. It will regulate the charging current depending on battery capacity and temperature.

• Praise 2

I also dunno.

I read online that it works. Tried it and it works.

computer fair is dying lol

am surprised they are still running this.

For the average buyer, the laptops still get freebies mah.

Though my laptop is from aftershock. But usually get some freebies/discounts at around these fair times also.

• Praise 1

For the average buyer, the laptops still get freebies mah.

Though my laptop is from aftershock. But usually get some freebies/discounts at around these fair times also.

For things like laptop, I will definitely go down cuz I wanna see and touch it before I buy it  :D  i don't think the freebies portion makes up for the online credit card rebates you might get though.

But I see some bros on here who are going down to buy batteries, sd cards and other things which can be bought online for cheaper and less hassle. I guess when these fellows subsequently become more comfortable with online shopping, then comex can really shut down.

• Praise 1

For things like laptop, I will definitely go down cuz I wanna see and touch it before I buy it  :D  i don't think the freebies portion makes up for the online credit card rebates you might get though.

But I see some bros on here who are going down to buy batteries, sd cards and other things which can be bought online for cheaper and less hassle. I guess when these fellows subsequently become more comfortable with online shopping, then comex can really shut down.

hmm yeah. I usually just use my SC cashback card for 1.5%.

I dunno whether online purchase via the merchant codes will qualify for additional rebate. And I'm lazy to check, so i usually just stick to the SC by default.

Unless like my citibank SMRT got very well defined one like for supermarket and Fast food.

I bought aftershock since my wife has one. And sometimes we play games together. 

Think my BIL and his dad likes to go down just to kaypoh and walk around.

Edited by Lala81

hmm yeah. I usually just use my SC cashback card for 1.5%.

I dunno whether online purchase via the merchant codes will qualify for additional rebate. And I'm lazy to check, so i usually just stick to the SC by default.

Unless like my citibank SMRT got very well defined one like for supermarket and Fast food.

I bought aftershock since my wife has one. And sometimes we play games together. 

Think my BIL and his dad likes to go down just to kaypoh and walk around.

[whip]  [whip]  [whip]

this type of games?

↡ Advertisement