• Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

This is really touching and heartwarming too.  Nice story

https://www.straitst...obox=1536114516

US nurse discovers doctor colleague was premature baby she cared for 28 years ago
Ms Vilma Wong, a nurse at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, recently crossed paths with Dr Brandon Seminatore, a medical resident at the hospital who's training to be a child neurologist.PHOTO: FACEBOOK / STANDFORD CHILDREN HEALTH
PUBLISHED
2 HOURS AGO

PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER/ASIA NEWS NETWORK - It seemed a stroke of fate when one nurse from Palo Alto, California got to reunite with one of the premature babies she cared for 28 years ago in the very same hospital where it all started.

Ms Vilma Wong, a nurse at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, recently crossed paths with Dr Brandon Seminatore, a medical resident at the hospital who's training to be a child neurologist.

Twenty years ago, when Dr Seminatore was born, he weighed only 1kg. As reported by The East Bay Times on Monday (Sept 3), Dr Seminatore spent more than 40 days in the neonatal intensive care unit (Nicu) with a breathing tube, where he was cared for by Ms Wong.

The encounter between the two was shared on Facebook on Aug 16 by the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. In the post, the page shared a photo of a young Ms Wong cradling the infant Dr Seminatore on her lap. In another photo, Ms Wong and Dr Seminatore can be seen posing next to each other inside the hospital, both wearing their scrubs.

"A chance encounter at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford has led to a heart warming reunion between nurse and patient," the page stated.

"Brandon, one of our pediatric residents, was born 28 years ago in our Nicu - then just 29 weeks old. Vilma was his primary care nurse."

nz-nurse-050918.jpg

Almost 30 years have passed since that fateful moment, but Ms Wong was far from forgetting the little baby she cared for. As per report, all medical residents were required to check in at the nurse's station before examining the premature babies in the Nicu. It was here when Ms Wong spotted Dr Seminatore and asked him who he was.

"His last name sounded very familiar," Ms Wong was quoted as saying. "I kept asking where he was from and he told me that he was from San Jose, California, and that, as a matter of fact, he was a premature baby born at our hospital. I then got very suspicious because I remember being the primary nurse to a baby with the same last name.''

Dr Seminatore, however, looks far removed from the tiny premature infant that once had been under Ms Wong's care. Today, he stands at 1.72m tall and weighs 61kg, although he still bears the same eyes and expression.

For him, meeting Ms Wong was a "surreal experience".

Dr Seminatore said: "She cares deeply for her patients, to the point that she was able to remember a patient's name almost three decades later.''

As for Ms Wong? She considers meeting Dr Seminatore for the second time the pay-off of her mission. She said in the report: "As a nurse, it's kind of like your reward."

the baby looks exactly like him today..hair and all hahaha

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Lethalstrike
  • Lethalstrike
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Indeed a touching story. Even at 28 years later, the nurse didn't age much by comparing both pictures. Good karma  :a-good:

RadX, Mustank and Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You very Senti today ah?? [laugh]...... Start new thread.... post your Baby Pix's  

US nurse discovers doctor colleague was premature baby she cared for 28 years ago
Ms Vilma Wong, a nurse at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, recently crossed paths with Dr Brandon Seminatore, a medical resident at the hospital who's training to be a child neurologist.PHOTO: FACEBOOK / STANDFORD CHILDREN HEALTH
PUBLISHED
2 HOURS AGO

Edited by BanCoe, 05 September 2018 - 12:16 PM.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

touch here touch there before someone think of those kinky touch   [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

You very Senti today ah?? [laugh]

nbz...want my old form back ah.... :grin:  :grin:

im going home soon...so say bye bye lor...hahahah

nah...thread wishing me bye every year..knn DACH

http://www.mycarforu...o-radx/?hl=radx

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

DACH say Mai Lah Mai Lah....... [dizzy]  

nbz...want my old form back ah.... :grin:  :grin:

im going home soon...so say bye bye lor...hahahah

nah...thread wishing me bye every year..knn DACH

http://www.mycarforu...o-radx/?hl=radx

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:19 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

DACH say Mai Lah Mai Lah....... [dizzy]  

he will say he bo eng...hahha

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Usually a premature baby grows up to be a friendly and nice adults who appreciate the people around them. How i know......i am one..... My late grandma always remind me how small i was when i was just borned......less than a kilo and spent a month in the incubator. My family thought i wouldnt make it.
RadX, Atrecord and Admiralty praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Usually a premature baby grows up to be a friendly and nice adults who appreciate the people around them. How i know......i am one..... My late grandma always remind me how small i was when i was just borned......less than a kilo and spent a month in the incubator. My family thought i wouldnt make it.

that explains the 29" waist....you were not meant to go YET bro...bless you

Eviilusion praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Indeed a touching story. Even at 28 years later, the nurse didn't age much by comparing both pictures. Good karma  :a-good:

Yep, so touching that it "lethal strikes" your heart.   [laugh]

Eviilusion and Admiralty praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that explains the 29" waist....you were notd meant to go YET bro...bless you

hahaha.....that wan is through hardwork and discipline hor. My uncle always reminds me that my grandma was the wan who went to and fro nearly everyday to visit me.....both now passed on. God bless!
My twin who was born earlier was normal.....they said i was the kind wan giving most of the nutrients to him.....😂😂😂

Edited by Eviilusion, 05 September 2018 - 12:49 PM.

Together We stand Alone

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so touching  [smallcry]

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

PUBLISHED
2 HOURS AGO

PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER/ASIA NEWS NETWORK - It seemed a stroke of fate when one nurse from Palo Alto, California got to reunite with one of the premature babies she cared for 28 years ago in the very same hospital where it all started.

Ms Vilma Wong, a nurse at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, recently crossed paths with Dr Brandon Seminatore, a medical resident at the hospital who's training to be a child neurologist.

Twenty years ago, when Dr Seminatore was born, he weighed only 1kg. As reported by The East Bay Times on Monday (Sept 3), Dr Seminatore spent more than 40 days in the neonatal intensive care unit (Nicu) with a breathing tube, where he was cared for by Ms Wong.

The encounter between the two was shared on Facebook on Aug 16 by the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. In the post, the page shared a photo of a young Ms Wong cradling the infant Dr Seminatore on her lap. In another photo, Ms Wong and Dr Seminatore can be seen posing next to each other inside the hospital, both wearing their scrubs.

"A chance encounter at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford has led to a heart warming reunion between nurse and patient," the page stated.

"Brandon, one of our pediatric residents, was born 28 years ago in our Nicu - then just 29 weeks old. Vilma was his primary care nurse."

nz-nurse-050918.jpg

Almost 30 years have passed since that fateful moment, but Ms Wong was far from forgetting the little baby she cared for. As per report, all medical residents were required to check in at the nurse's station before examining the premature babies in the Nicu. It was here when Ms Wong spotted Dr Seminatore and asked him who he was.

"His last name sounded very familiar," Ms Wong was quoted as saying. "I kept asking where he was from and he told me that he was from San Jose, California, and that, as a matter of fact, he was a premature baby born at our hospital. I then got very suspicious because I remember being the primary nurse to a baby with the same last name.''

Dr Seminatore, however, looks far removed from the tiny premature infant that once had been under Ms Wong's care. Today, he stands at 1.72m tall and weighs 61kg, although he still bears the same eyes and expression.

For him, meeting Ms Wong was a "surreal experience".

Dr Seminatore said: "She cares deeply for her patients, to the point that she was able to remember a patient's name almost three decades later.''

As for Ms Wong? She considers meeting Dr Seminatore for the second time the pay-off of her mission. She said in the report: "As a nurse, it's kind of like your reward."

the baby looks exactly like him today..hair and all hahaha

..its not a coincidence they met after 3 decade..someone up there arranged...imo 

yes it is very touching...makes me eyes weary too

Edited by Kezg1, 05 September 2018 - 12:50 PM.

RadX praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

..its not a coincidence they met after 3 decade..someone up there arranged...imo 

yes it is very touching...makes me eyes weary too

a meeting destined from above... [angel]

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah the doctor look the same also.

Its like his look never changed

:D

nz-nurse-050918.jpg

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Wah the doctor look the same also.

Its like his look never changed

:D

IKR...hahahha..just became bigger in terms of magnitude...

hair and all the same

Jamesc praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: nurse, reunite, doctor, touching and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users