• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic | 160 praises

Poll: Singapore has the world’s worst annual leave (31 member(s) have cast votes)

How many days of Annual Leave is sufficient in your opinion?

1. 0. Dont need to rest la. (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. 7 (1 votes [3.23%])

3. 14 (1 votes [3.23%])

4. 21 (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

5. 28 (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

6. 35 (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

7. 42 (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

8. 4 Day Work Week better. Lol... (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

computer-3368242_960_720.jpg

https://www.business...obox=1535970560

Singaporeans have the world’s least holiday leave, which researchers say could be lowing citizens’ life expectancy. Pixabay If you’ve ever felt you’re practically working till you die, you might be right – according to science.

A recent research report from online home rental company Spotahome ranked 89 global cities by key health factors such as life expectancy, work life balance, and days of annual leave. And while Singapore came out as the city with the world’s second highest life expectancy, researchers explained that it lost the top spot to Tokyo solely because of its poor annual leave numbers.

The country came in dead last out of 89 cities for vacation leave, meaning people from every other city – including Hong Kong, New York and Seoul – had more vacation days on average. 

While statistics were generally taken from the UBS Global Cities Ranking 2018, a spokesman explained to Business Insider that Spotahome used Singapore’s state-mandated 7 days minimum annual leave as its data point.

The researchers acknowledged that Singaporeans get between 7 to 14 days annual leave – depending on an employee’s years of experience – but this number was still “low compared to other countries” and could have a “negative impact on overall life expectancy”.

The highest scorer for annual leave was the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, with 37 vacation days.

chryst praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

attachicon.gifcomputer-3368242_960_720.jpg

https://www.business...obox=1535970560

Singaporeans have the world’s least holiday leave, which researchers say could be lowing citizens’ life expectancy. Pixabay If you’ve ever felt you’re practically working till you die, you might be right – according to science.

A recent research report from online home rental company Spotahome ranked 89 global cities by key health factors such as life expectancy, work life balance, and days of annual leave. And while Singapore came out as the city with the world’s second highest life expectancy, researchers explained that it lost the top spot to Tokyo solely because of its poor annual leave numbers.

The country came in dead last out of 89 cities for vacation leave, meaning people from every other city – including Hong Kong, New York and Seoul – had more vacation days on average. 

While statistics were generally taken from the UBS Global Cities Ranking 2018, a spokesman explained to Business Insider that Spotahome used Singapore’s state-mandated 7 days minimum annual leave as its data point.

The researchers acknowledged that Singaporeans get between 7 to 14 days annual leave – depending on an employee’s years of experience – but this number was still “low compared to other countries” and could have a “negative impact on overall life expectancy”.

The highest scorer for annual leave was the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, with 37 vacation days.

...what do you expect from a C*owns that pay themselves over the roof to give the citizens reasonable holidays....you work until you die is your business...and they will still extend your Cee Pi F withdrawal further....sighhhhh

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Ya I only have 28 days
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ya I only have 28 days

So many... I only 24 days ...

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think make quite a hooha over nothing.

How many countries have childcare leave? 

USA don't even have paid leave for pregnancy. U have to take NPL. 

I think that's really terrible. 

U want to see how much actual leave per worker we take compared to the PRC, japanese and koreans? I think we will win hands down by a large margin.

Edited by Lala81, 07 September 2018 - 12:01 PM.

therock, Tianmo, Silver_blade and Atonchia praised this

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya I only have 28 days

Wah! Ancient service award winner sia. [laugh]

U want to see how much actual leave per worker we take compared to the PRC, japanese and koreans? I think we will win hands down by a large margin.

Probably surveyed the DINKs, BBFAs, etc. [laugh]

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Used to hv 42 hahhah

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:19 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah! Ancient service award winner sia. [laugh]
Probably surveyed the DINKs, BBFAs, etc. [laugh]

wah u savvy in EDMW speak. BBFA  [laugh]

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:24 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How abou compare to French, German or Brit?
🤣🤣

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya I only have 28 days

You notice ur nose getting very long ?
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think in term of # f day leaves , jap and china not much diff from us.
Not sure abt KR.

But in term of MOM policy ... they are much better than SG.
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

🤣🤣

Which of these economies do we want to emulate?

France, British ? Not really.

The German economy is essentially a high class version of the PRC economy, which is almost completely 80+ % export driven.

It's ok to be high productivity with many holidays depending on which region of the world you're in. In SG, whereby many of the neighbouring capitals also have potential hardworking employees at much much lower wages than us, we have got to be realistic.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

🤣🤣

The German economy is essentially a high class version of the PRC economy, which is almost completely 80+ % export driven.

It's ok to be high productivity with many holidays depending on which region of the world you're in. In SG, whereby many of the neighbouring capitals also have potential hardworking employees at much much lower wages than us, we have got to be realistic.

I think in term of # f day leaves , jap and china not much diff from us.
Not sure abt KR.

But in term of MOM policy ... they are much better than SG.

U go ask the rank and file japanese and koreans, how many of these official leave days do they take? It's well documented. sometimes they don't even take half their allotment.

Mason016 praised this

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

You notice ur nose getting very long ?

Ya la not much

Dunno why that Vratenza say I no work

Hahhah
Angcheek praised this

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'll just give u this fun fact which was recently released.

The japanese MOM that regulates overtime working environment, MEDIAN leaving work time is ELEVEN PM. 

Irony at it's best.

Edited by Lala81, 07 September 2018 - 12:38 PM.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not only have the worst annual leave, sg also have the worst public holidays.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U go ask the rank and file japanese and koreans, how many of these official leave days do they take? It's well documented. sometimes they don't even take half their allotment.

For Jap , it is in their culture they avoid taking leave. Not that they are not entitled.

When jap takes leaves .. they vanish into thin air . When we take leaves , we still need to check email , make calls , join conf. Again culture different.
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm all for companies improving leave allotments especially for the lower rank and file employees. Or especially for people who work jobs that are very hard to get standby employees (like cleaners, security guards).

But i don't really think the PMETs in singapore are really having terrible AL situations vs the other economies here in asia.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'll just give u this fun fact which was recently released.

The japanese MOM that regulates overtime working environment, MEDIAN leaving work time is ELEVEN PM.

Irony at it's best.

Not nation wide ... on the surface it was like that , but nowadays had changed. 😁
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For Jap , it is in their culture they avoid taking leave. Not that they are not entitled.

When jap takes leaves .. they vanish into thin air . When we take leaves , we still need to check email , make calls , join conf. Again culture different.

Of course there's working culture. It's what u want to do lor.

My friend who works for govt, he only takes overseas leave cos the emails or need to go back to work is high if he takes one or two days off. So he either goes for long or short trips when he's on leave. 

You buy something on TB. They can dispatch your order at 12 midnight local time. 

You want a dump everything down and siam workplace, got some companies or part of civil service which u can do so. But increasingly that will be lower rank and file employees who will get such "privilege"

Not nation wide ... on the surface it was like that , but nowadays had changed. 😁

If i am just a regular joe employee in MNC, I'd confirm rather work here than in Korea or Japan.

Angcheek praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: annual leave, off days, singapore and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users