Goh Chok Tong to release first volume of biography in Nov

StreetFight3r

He was never good in The first place..

How can a Yes man be good!!!!!!!???????

The peanut incident reinforced my opinion....

Really buay Kia nan tulan....

Still better than the current one.

And he revealed some slapping incident. That is something we should know. 

He came from humble background so i thought he would have been more thoughtful for the commoners. Maybe during his younger days , fighting for a place in the Rich neighbourhood , he did his "best" . But i saw he changed since the 90s . His policies were not for the people anymore but for to stay in power.

Did you ask him to sign autograph on your car ? ð

Sometimes it's worse if someone came from humble background, then subsequently rose in status and joined the elite by doing well in our meritocratic rat race.

That forms the mentality in them that anyone can do it provided they just put in the effort and sacrifice. And if people are still stuck down there, it's largely their own fault.

That gives rise to lack of empathy.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

GCT .......... this wan Giant* CB from @Angcheek cannot fit 𤨠..... how?

Thats normal ... gct is quite tall u know.

I wonder why he so well fed when his family was quite poor back then ...

• Praise 5

Members of PAP, RC, CC would be "ASKED" to buy and MUST buy.

just libraries in all schools and govt linked bodies alone will be thousands of copies.. 

• Praise 1

I will truly respect him if he say all proceeds from the sales of books will be donated to charity.

Tan Gu Gu!

I standby by the dustbin near letter box where many discard their old newspaper.

My dog and rabbit need it for their poo and pee.

Yes, save the earth! :XD:

From the Lee sibling episode, GCT clearly thinks of himself as a elder statesman in the kissinger mould, the sheer weight of his words alone can end arguments and put to rest debate.  looks like this forum would beg to disagree, heheh [laugh]

He is not my brother! :XD:

• Praise 4

Sometimes it's worse if someone came from humble background, then subsequently rose in status and joined the elite by doing well in our meritocratic rat race.

That forms the mentality in them that anyone can do it provided they just put in the effort and sacrifice. And if people are still stuck down there, it's largely their own fault.

I think he just has little empathy in the first place.

This reminds me, is Chan Chun Sing from humble background too?

I remember a movie acted by Aaron Kwok and Charlie Yeung about the rise of a mix blood orphan from the hk boatman community. Quite decent movie.

He came from humble background so i thought he would have been more thoughtful for the commoners. Maybe during his younger days , fighting for a place in the Rich neighbourhood , he did his "best" . But i saw he changed since the 90s . His policies were not for the people anymore but for to stay in power.

Did you ask him to sign autograph on your car ? ð

The lust of power and $$$ is too much to be given up. It will happen to anyone. But being detached from the ground meant very insulated.

The few things that I recalled as a teenager to adult during his term.

He did wanted to improve SG.

We managed to ban chewing gum.

GST was implemented.

We have reached the cost of living lìke Swiss.

We had the 2010 football vision that still ever evolving.

Many Stat board became split into Stat board and business entity.

Like Telecom Authority of Singapore became Singtel and IDA.

MRTC became SMRT.

PUB became SP

Think in 1996, Concept Plan for year X to develop the new financial centre, develop Punggol. Into the Master Plan

NS from 2yrs 6 month cut to 2yr 4 maths. Major decision on new aircraft purchases all F16 C/D aircraft.

Sign agreement with Australia and France to overseas detachment training.

• Praise 5

The lust of power and $$$ is too much to be given up. It will happen to anyone. But being detached from the ground meant very insulated.

The few things that I recalled as a teenager to adult during his term.

He did wanted to improve SG.

We managed to ban chewing gum.

GST was implemented.

We have reached the cost of living lìke Swiss.

We had the 2010 football vision that still ever evolving.

Many Stat board became split into Stat board and business entity.

Like Telecom Authority of Singapore became Singtel and IDA.

MRTC became SMRT.

PUB became SP

Think in 1996, Concept Plan for year X to develop the new financial centre, develop Punggol. Into the Master Plan

NS from 2yrs 6 month cut to 2yr 4 maths. Major decision on new aircraft purchases all F16 C/D aircraft.

Sign agreement with Australia and France to overseas detachment training.

I think vote them to have your flat upgraded. Cheam Si Dong really poor thing that 10 yrs .
  • Praise 5

I think vote them to have your flat upgraded. Cheam Si Dong really poor thing that 10 yrs . ð

Maybe lucky that time lky still ard .. so no crazy stunt was introduced. Unlike lhl ... lky also closed 1 eye

Upgrading was already early 2000s

Started with lift (LUP) for a few terms.

Then additional utility room for MUP.

↡ Advertisement