• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic | 192 praises

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Appears to be a suicide.

RIP.

Full-time Police NSman, 23, dies from gunshot wound to his head

https://www.todayonl...s-gunshot-wound

SINGAPORE — A full-time Police National Serviceman was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Protective Security Command on Ulu Pandan Road, the police said in a statement on Sunday (Sept 9).

Police said the 23-year-old serviceman had reported for duty at 8am on Monday (Sept 3) and had drawn his service revolver from the armoury.

He was later found with a gunshot wound to his head at 3.20pm, with his service revolver beside him.

He was taken unconscious to the National University Hospital and succumbed to his injuries on Sunday.

Preliminary investigations by the Criminal Investigation Department revealed that he was heard arguing on the phone shortly before he was found with the gunshot wound.

The police have classified the case as an unnatural death, and the circumstances relating to it are being investigated. No foul play is suspected.

Ash2017 praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:33 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why think no open? RIP.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:17 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sillypore is really a stressful island  [sweatdrop]

Pinky is making all Zikaporean see god  [lipsrsealed]

Rest in Peace  :a-rip:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:12 AM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My guess is because of break up.

Young people needs to learn to treasure life more.

May he rest in peace.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    6th Gear
    Author Image

90% of suicide is caused by a mental illness, primarily depression. Depression is a medical condition that requires medication and medical treatment, not something you can will yourself out of. There may be stress, love lost etc, but once there is depression, the person needs to be medically treated.
BanCoe, Mustank, Hamburger, Kopites, Theoldjaffa, Atrecord, UncleAtas and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Spring
RIP🙏
Breaks your heart to hear of lives lost to suicide. Wish there was something that can be done to prevent more of this but unfortunately sometimes even their loved ones don’t know what these people going thru. Really sad 😔
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sad. 

serve NS and then die.

That is all.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sad.

serve NS and then die.

i dont think is NS related issue.
kykh praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i dont think is NS related issue.

It's not stated in the article what the reason is.

But sometimes people have depression due to family, money or bfgf matters. If the ns commander doesn't give them the required personal time to sort out these issues, then yes. I'd still say it is ns related.

Edited by Kusje, 10 September 2018 - 09:25 AM.

That is all.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Naughty9795
  • Naughty9795
    Clutched
    Author Image

The older generations are like cockroach, the younger generations are like butterfly.

Older generations were "influence" to be tough and hardworking in order to survive.

Younger generations are "influence" to a be a "show" person. They are sensitive on how others see them.

Different upbringing. Hence the "value" of living are different.

Jman888, Zxcvb and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's not stated in the article what the reason is.

But sometimes people have depression due to family, money or bfgf matters. If the ns commander doesn't give them the required personal time to sort out these issues, then yes. I'd still say it is ns related.

ok. noted.

let wait for more details from the press.

what caught my eyes was the use of fire arm to commit suicide.

Frigthening just the thought of it regardless service personnel or gemeral public.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

:a-rip:

My ex-working place. Very cosy area . :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Ex SAF Military Camp & Police Dog Unit. :=B:

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The older generations are like cockroach, the younger generations are like butterfly.

Older generations were "influence" to be tough and hardworking in order to survive.

Younger generations are "influence" to a be a "show" person. They are sensitive on how others see them.

Different upbringing. Hence the "value" of living are different.

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

To put another perspective on things, when I was young jumping from HDB flats was much more common than now. So what does that say about the toughness of the older generation vs. the new?

Playtime and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So young yet ...

RIP

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

To put another perspective on things, when I was young jumping from HDB flats was much more common than now. So what does that say about the toughness of the older generation vs. the new?

Recently there was some news about increasing elderly suicide rates also.
That is all.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

Also.. pre social media explosion, you die also no one will know.
Dark things were always there.. just that the old days were sometimes not bright enough to expose them to mass scrutiny
Admiralty, Atrecord and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My guess is because of break up.

Young people needs to learn to treasure life more.

May he rest in peace.

When I think back to when I was in my 20s, life was full of possibilities, being young, free and single. Of course there were setbacks, but don't think anything could put me down seriously. Young, free and single FTW. Can't imagine how anyone of that age could be so depressed as to take own life, except if stricken by some terminal illness or permanent disability.

But of course, the youth need to reach middle and old age, and experience its attendant troubles and responsibilities, before they can fully appreciate to treasure their freer, younger years, unfortunately ...

Edited by Sosaria, 10 September 2018 - 10:47 AM.

Nicholas, Atrecord and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

:a-rip:

My ex-working place. Very cosy area . :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Ex SAF Military Camp & Police Dog Unit. :=B:

also my FIL ex-workplace, was it also the military vehicle unit (truck) then?  

éª‘ç™½é©¬çš„ä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯çŽ‹å ï¼Œå¯èƒ½æ˜¯å”åƒ§ï¼›å¸¦ç¿…è†€çš„ä¹Ÿä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯å¤©ä½¿ï¼Œæœ‰æ—¶å€™æ˜¯é¸Ÿäººã€‚

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Am i mistaken or are police more likely to have suicides?

In terms of firearms, surely the army have better access.. go range, field firing, live firing, Guard duty etc.. but soldiers have lower suicide rate?
But i don't have actual statistics la.. 🙄

When I think back to when I was in my 20s, life was full of possibilities, being young, free and single. Of course there were setbacks, but don't think anything could put me down seriously. Young, free and single FTW. Can't imagine how anyone of that age could be so depressed as to take own life, except if stricken by some terminal illness or permanent disability.

But of course, the youth need to reach middle and old age, and experience its attendant troubles and responsibilities, before they can fully appreciate to treasure their freer, younger years, unfortunately ...

Youth is wasted on the young... sigh...

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Am i mistaken or are police more likely to have suicides?

In terms of firearms, surely the army have better access.. go range, field firing, live firing, Guard duty etc.. but soldiers have lower suicide rate?
But i don't have actual statistics la.. 🙄
Youth is wasted on the young... sigh...

Army no chance of being alone with riffle. During training, riffles carries no bullets except on guard duty or at range. Even so at range, you cannot carry your riffle around... :wacko:

In army, always assigned a buddy when on guard duty and upon returning, must surrender to the guard room. Police carried theirs by themselves most of the time.   [sweatdrop]

Nicholas and Atrecord praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users