Will the Toyota Estima 2.4 be ok for windy and hilly roads?

tomjman

Bro, no need go so far. My personal test is at genting highlight.

I was having breakfast while going up the steepest slope. Just floor it and eat at the same time.

He is Kiwi le
↡ Advertisement

Hi , sorry I didnt understand this "I was having breakfast while going up the steepest slope. Just floor it and eat at the same time. ".

Bro, no need go so far. My personal test is at genting highlight.

I was having breakfast while going up the steepest slope. Just floor it and eat at the same time.

Thanks bro for the detailed explanation.

This is not true , 2.4 L estima even with that fairly big box size, it is still a lot more powerful than a suzuki 1.3L. If both cars park side by side starting from zero or accelerating from third gear, suzuki 1.3L would not be able to pace an Estima.
Very simply put it, estima has about 90% more cc than that of a 1.3L suzuki but the weight is probably only 50% heavier than a suzuki, no way an estima can be less powerful than a suzuki in real driving experience.
Other than my own mpv in sgp, i have driven Estima in Australia and Velfire in Japan with 6 to 7 passengers, no issue driving the car. Again, unless you drive many passenger up and down hill all the time. Otherwise 2.4L is good enough.
But if money is not a concerned, 3.5L is the best. Thise whi driven big car in the US before would agree with me.

Thanks Davidtch. Looks like I might face the same issue with 2.4 liter engine. Plenty of roads in NZ is with steep curves, hill, and climbing up and then slopes...

Oh,you are from New Zealand.?Then should get the 3.5 V6,since your Country,got Cheaper Petrol,Cars also Cheap,Road Tax is just NZ$200.00.

Yes and thanks bro.

How about the milaege per kilometer for a 3.5 V6 Estima?

Oh,you are from New Zealand.?Then should get the 3.5 V6,since your Country,got Cheaper Petrol,Cars also Cheap,Road Tax is just NZ$200.00.

Hi , sorry I didnt understand this "I was having breakfast while going up the steepest slope. Just floor it and eat at the same time. ".

Thanks bro for the detailed explanation.

Means Car is Slow,can have Breakfast at the same Time,Brother,you should say you from New Zealand,then we will tell you buy MPV With BIG BIG Engine.

Yes and thanks bro.

7km/L City Driving,up to 11km/L on Highway,by the way,what is the price of 98 Petrol in NZ.?I knew Australia is cheaper than S'pore by 20%.

Internal Moderator

Just wanted to check if Toyota Estima 2.4 is ok to buy when considering driving on windy and hilly roads ?

I had been driving a Swift 1.2 with 5 people, and at certain roads especially with steep curves, it can only cruise at 30 KM / hour. and cars behind me becomes impatient.

Or would an SUV be more a powerful car?

I drove Swift 1.2 with 5 people including myself. That was 4 adults and my 5 yr old child. My daughter was always irritated when she was put in the car :) because of no leg room and small space at the back seat.

I am considering Estima 1.2 , 7 seater all because of it's space and practicality, and cost.

There is also Estima with 3.4 liter engine, but I think the mileage per KM would be lower than 2.4 one. \

Not sure if I really need Estima 3.4 ... or 2.4 would be sufficient. We will be 2 adults and 1 child travelling with some luggage most of the time on long road trips.

( Im new here and cannt make new posts , hence replying here ) 

Started a new thread for ya. Enjoy your stay here!

Anyway, personally I feel there is no replacement for displacement. If money isn't an issue, go for the 3.5.

it’s ok for the driver to want more power

but just note that the risk of passengers throwing up in the car is very high on windy and hilly roads if you go fast

when i go up and down genting or cameron highlands, even the trucks carrying produce will overtake me when i am carrying 6 passengers

Edited by Enye

Means Car is Slow,can have Breakfast at the same Time,Brother,you should say you from New Zealand,then we will tell you buy MPV With BIG BIG Engine.

7km/L City Driving,up to 11km/L on Highway,by the way,what is the price of 98 Petrol in NZ.?I knew Australia is cheaper than S'pore by 20%.

Thanks guys for replies.

In NZ, 98 petrol is about 2.20$ nzd.

What other 7 seater cars can I consider?

I'm thinking more of space and practicality.

I see all these weird messages"You can make 2 more posts until Today, 07:09 PM. This restriction is in place until you have 4 more approved posts".. why so much restrictions?

Thanks guys for replies.

I see all these weird messages"You can make 2 more posts until Today, 07:09 PM. This restriction is in place until you have 4 more approved posts".. why so much restrictions?

There are limited choice.

Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Honda Odyssey

Edited by Davidtch

Thanks guys for replies.

I'm going to NZ in Dec, and will be looking at renting a Kia Carnival.

Would that be an option for you?

Or Honda Odyssey?

Thanks guys for replies.

in an earlier post you said u be travelling mostly 2A1C with luggage. Do you really need a 7 seater?

if don't need a 7 seater, try getting a Subaru Forester or Legacy wagon. Turbo-charged for climbing those slopes, AWD for slippery conditions, esp if you going up to the alpine regions. Both are spacious and practical. Both also come in non-turbo versions. Or you may also consider the Subaru outback.

Rented a 2.4 Estima (Previa) while in NZ 2 years ago.

4 adults and 2 kids, with accompanying luggage, drove around South Island for 2 weeks.

Car loses speed/momentum when climbing hills.

I would say it’s underpowered.

Yes and thanks bro.

I'm getting about 8.2km/l driving mostly city, highway can get around 11-12km/l. Definably go for the 3.5

Thanks a lot for everyone's reply,

truly appreciate your knowledge :)

Hi Trex101,  Are you driving Estima 2.4 and getting mileage of 11-12 km on highways ?

I'm getting about 8.2km/l driving mostly city, highway can get around 11-12km/l. Definably go for the 3.5

:D

I guess you are too driving Estima 2.4 

it’s ok for the driver to want more power

but just note that the risk of passengers throwing up in the car is very high on windy and hilly roads if you go fast

when i go up and down genting or cameron highlands, even the trucks carrying produce will overtake me when i am carrying 6 passengers