Highest Paying Jobs in Singapore (2018)

Wt_know

Just tagging on to your post.

We often say never live beyond your means.

Most people get the wrong idea that living within gheir means is equal to the ability to spend up to everycent of their income. Worse still, they spend every cent by committing in a loan.

These are the people who will get into trouble one of these days.

Dont up your lifestyle just becos you earn $1000 more due to pay raise or got a better bonus this year.

Of course people are free to live their own life, i am just sharing my thoughts.

Repeat post

• Praise 3

You are very down to earth.

I know many folks who with $6k think that they can buy a $100k car becos the instalment works out to be $2000 "only"

In Singapore, $6kpm is near low income for anyone with 10yrs of working.

Yup, thats where a huge chunk of people fall into.

Reality bites.

But on the other hand two people with a bit >$6kpm each are being brainwashed to think that they can easily afford million dollar pigeon holes. That throughout their working life, it will just be up up up, that the economy or their personal health will always always always hold up. That stretching loans present no risk whatsoever.

We have become so reliant and so taking things for granted that we have been complacent, to think that economic excellence is all that matters to move the nation ahead.

We certainly have advanced as a nation from an economic viewpoint but my feel is that we have moved somewhat backwards from a identity/culture/sense of belonging angle. I think we better start engaging the newer generation to secure this identity or all the money, economic success in the world wont matter to Singapore.

Its like having a son who is a billionaire but does not care about your existence nor well being versus one who is just a millionaire but is wholeheartedly devoted and loyal.

So how do we do it, some scholars may ask me.

My answer, start to emphasise some other things in life, besides $$$$$$.

When we were poor, we had no choice but to grit our teeth and fight the fight towards economic success. Now that we have economic success, we must re prioritise. That doesnt mean that we stop working and stop acheiving economic success, it just means that we can afford to give up some money for other meaningful priceless things.

Repost

• Praise 1

in 2014 ... no $6k no talk

in 2018 ... no $10k no talk

we have done very well in just 4 years ...

spore huat ah!

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/highest-paying-jobs-singapore-2018-160000453.html

What a bull crap report from sgfinanceyahoo yet again.

I am sure my former regional HR head has a basic monthly salary of at least SGD40,000

Who the fark earns $25k as a CFO today?

Unless we are talking about CFO of lim hock chye pte ltd, maybe.

Please lah, if by 30 dont earn $10k per month, confirm is mediocre.

Singapore is the Best.

Dont believe? Got talk to your MP.

• Praise 1

There are a lot of hypes about Bioscience, pharma and biotech in recent years. Big companies are moving in to Biopolis and Bouna Vista again.

Anyone in this field can help to shed some light in salaries for this field?

What a bull crap report from sgfinanceyahoo yet again.

I am sure my former regional HR head has a basic monthly salary of at least SGD40,000

Who the fark earns $25k as a CFO today?

Unless we are talking about CFO of lim hock chye pte ltd, maybe.

Please lah, if by 30 dont earn $10k per month, confirm is mediocre.

Singapore is the Best.

Dont believe? Got talk to your MP.

Waaaa ... pls intro ur reg HR to me pls .
  • Praise 3

Which company give 4k increament within 4 yrs?

Even with increment plus promotion, also no have total of $1k per time for most people lo.

Which company give 4k increament within 4 yrs?

mediocre 40k per month salary

mediocre 4% increment per year

already 1.6k increment per month 

t2 say one

:D

Edited by Enye

There are a lot of hypes about Bioscience, pharma and biotech in recent years. Big companies are moving in to Biopolis and Bouna Vista again.

Anyone in this field can help to shed some light in salaries for this field?

my BIL work in one of them. But he's under Astar.

Lol normal zheng hu pay for PHD holder  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1