Political office holders rcv avg bonus of 4mths in last 5yrs

Theoldjaffa

Will station myself outside ministries instead of commercial buildings to sell my tisu liao :grin:

Excerpts below. Click on the link for full article as it's difficult to post from my 4" phone.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/political-office-holders-received-average-performance-bonus-of-4-months-salary-in-last-five

Political office holders of all grades received an average annual performance bonus of around four months' salary in the last five years, with the amount given to each individual ranging between three and six months of their pay each year, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (Sept 10).

Lao Goh said again, Ministers are not paid enough

Braddell Heights resident Abdul Aziz, 70, had asked if ministerial salaries could be cut to fund pensions for elderly people. In response, Mr Goh said that while the idea of helping the elderly more is not wrong, cutting ministers' pay will be a populist move.

He added that Cabinet ministers are not paid enough, and that it would become harder to attract good people to join the Government in future.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Will station myself outside ministries instead of commercial buildings to sell my tisu liao :grin:

Excerpts below. Click on the link for full article as it's difficult to post from my 4" phone.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/political-office-holders-received-average-performance-bonus-of-4-months-salary-in-last-five

Lao Goh said again, Ministers are not paid enough

Have a strong urge to dislike your post not because of you or the content, but that article of LHL reply... ... [:|]

SINGAPORE - Political office holders of all grades received an average annual performance bonus of around four months' salary in the last five years, with the amount given to each individual ranging between three and six months of their pay each year, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (Sept 10).

The average performance bonus hit a high in 2015, when political office holders received 4.4 months of bonus, while the lowest bonus in the last five years was in 2017, when they received 4.1 months of bonus.

The performance bonus is one of the components that make up the benchmark salaries of political office holders. The other components include their monthly salary, the 13th month non-pensionable annual allowance, national bonus, and annual variable component as paid to civil servants.

Pardon me for my poor command of English, but does the statement means that the PB is on top of the 13th month and other bonuses paid to civil servants?? :excl:

• Praise 6

So, which of the top income bracket basket of professions did the MIW decide to cherry pick to follow to award themselves triple lottery of high salary, high pension and high bonus?

As far as I know, most top surgeons are self employed or private limited. They earn a high income but that is about it. Nobody pays themselves pensions. That is called retirement fund for the non-elite.

• Praise 3

Have a strong urge to dislike your post not because of you, but the article... ... [:|]

The average performance bonus hit a high in 2015, when political office holders received 4.4 months of bonus, while the lowest bonus in the last five years was in 2017, when they received 4.1 months of bonus.

The performance bonus is one of the components that make up the benchmark salaries of political office holders. The other components include their monthly salary, the 13th month non-pensionable annual allowance, national bonus, and annual variable component as paid to civil servants.

Pardon me for my poor command of English, but does the statement means that the PB is on top of the 13th month and other bonuses paid to civil servants?? :excl:

Yes, its on top. So chao chao 16k x 5 = 80k. Huat ah!!

[laugh]

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 2

Have a strong urge to dislike your post not because of you or the content, but that article of LHL reply... ... [:|]

SINGAPORE - Political office holders of all grades received an average annual performance bonus of around four months' salary in the last five years, with the amount given to each individual ranging between

three and six months

of their pay each year, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (Sept 10).

The average performance bonus hit a high in 2015, when political office holders received 4.4 months of bonus, while the lowest bonus in the last five years was in 2017, when they received 4.1 months of bonus.

Yes it's on top of the AWS.

While I'm generally not against the idea of paying ministers well, I'm just dulan that when they have such high pay liao, it's still "not enough".

And such bird talk like "Later on, Mr Goh added in a Facebook post that "salaries are not our starting point in looking for ministers. Character, motivation, commitment, selflessness, practical abilities, competence and proven performance are the main attributes we look for. The first four attributes are veto factors"."

Proven performance? LJ lah. Then don't parachute in generals to head ministries can.

• Praise 5

Quote :-

He added that Cabinet ministers are not paid enough, and that it would become harder to attract good people to join the Government in future.

By the same token private enterprises are having the same problem ..... they too can’t get workers, forget about good workers by which I mean restaurants, mom n pop shops or factories ,food courts, departmental stores , small hotels ...... even tourists complain the service sector here sucks

4.1 months bonus is 5 year lowest? huat ah!

They so poor thing. GST was meant to help the poor. Better increase to 10% so they get some assistance.

performance bonus is not the only bonus hor

still got AWS, national bonus, annual variable component

lala81 bil civil servant huat ah!

post-7984-0-45856500-1536629395_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

performance bonus is not the only bonus hor

still got AWS, national bonus, annual variable component

lala81 bil civil servant huat ah!

Normal civil servant don't have so much bonus la.

So, which of the top income bracket basket of professions did the MIW decide to cherry pick to follow to award themselves triple lottery of high salary, high pension and high bonus?

As far as I know, most top surgeons are self employed or private limited. They earn a high income but that is about it. Nobody pays themselves pensions. That is called retirement fund for the non-elite.

Dun complain ... They are not earning enough leh. Please refer to this list https://dollarsandsense.sg/ceo-salaries-heres-much-biggest-listed-companies-singapore-paid-ceos-fy2017/

All of them are CEO caliber hor -_- Already give face never put another zero behind their pay liao

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1