MPs raise banning smoking in one’s own HDB flat

ChaosMyth

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-clearer-idea-next-prime-minister-2019-shanmugam-10753044?cid=fbcna

post-14834-0-32041600-1537822426_thumb.png

Maybe that's why, Nowonder nowadays the policies seems like more and more populist type. Like what speed limit of PMD to reduce to 10km/h, now what want to ban smoking in hdb flat, then also want to waste money to install smoking cubical and etc.

Really going downhill.. Hope these 4g ministers to realize that many things must give and take and not downright go into like this to people life. For PMD actually should totally ban instead of reduce speed limit to 10km/h. Should follow lky style, if people can't behave and use it well ban it. What for implement the policy where it is super impossible to ride around and difficult to enforce too. Haiz..

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-clearer-idea-next-prime-minister-2019-shanmugam-10753044?cid=fbcna

sketch-1537822342760.png

Maybe that's why, Nowonder nowadays the policies seems like more and more populist type. Like what speed limit of PMD to reduce to 10km/h, now what want to ban smoking in hdb flat, then also want to waste money to install smoking cubical and etc.

Really going downhill.. Hope these 4g ministers to realize that many things must give and take and not downright go into like this to people life. For PMD actually should totally ban instead of reduce speed limit to 10km/h. Should follow lky style, if people can't behave and use it well ban it. What for implement the policy where it is super impossible to ride around and difficult to enforce too. Haiz..

if use LKY style today people more pissed lor.

the mention of younger group ministers meeting together to discussed gets me worried.... as most of them seems to be hardly in touch with the ground...

and the policies seems to be on their whim and fancies but at the same time scared to ban it for fear of losing popularity thus it become a half baked policy

the mention of younger group ministers meeting together to discussed gets me worried.... as most of them seems to be hardly in touch with the ground...

and the policies seems to be on their whim and fancies but at the same time scared to ban it for fear of losing popularity thus it become a half baked policy

I do not think that it is the young ministers who craft the new policies. It is the kar kia in the various ministry who come up with the ideas. They are the so called scholars doing it. The minister just go through, re-package it and submit to parliament.

My bro in CS is doing such thing. So i know that. He is just a very low level guy and has do lots of ground work. The top just shoot email and he has to do the research.

Yup. now even burning of joss stick also complaint by neighbors and went all the way to court.

But the court ruled that no evidence show that burning of joss stick can affect one's health. 

huh?

court can come to this kind of lame conclusion? Burning won't affect health meh? 

I do not think that it is the young ministers who craft the new policies. It is the kar kia in the various ministry who come up with the ideas. They are the so called scholars doing it. The minister just go through, re-package it and submit to parliament.

My bro in CS is doing such thing. So i know that. He is just a very low level guy and has do lots of ground work. The top just shoot email and he has to do the research.

precisely my point.. they aren't on the ground and rely on the kar kias...

basically is like a 富二代 saying... he wants something done... whatever research it may be... it all can be manipulated to suits one person requirements... good or bad

precisely my point.. they aren't on the ground and rely on the kar kias...

basically is like a 富二代 saying... he wants something done... whatever research it may be... it all can be manipulated to suits one person requirements... good or bad

i agree with this also.

statistics can be shown to reflect your side easily.

those that is not good, just don't show or twist it.

really whatever statistic can show to prove your agenda nowadays