Anti-Profiteering Act (MY)

Ysc3

if we have such laws  also ...

RM3.20 iced milo lands restaurateur RM30,000 fine

KOTA KINABALU: A restaurateur was fined RM30,000 or six months’ jail by the Sessions Court here for selling iced milo at an unreasonable price.

Shihan Mohd Salim, 28, who owns Anak Mami The Restaurant 3 here, was charged under Section 21(5) Price Control and Anti-Profiteering Act 2011 for failure to provide full details and receipts between Jan 2015 and March 2016 for beverages as required under Section 21(2) of the Act.

He also failed to show invoices for the chocolate and malt powder, milk and ice besides price tag for the drink during the same period of seven working days starting May 9, 2016.

Shihan was represented by PJ Pereira during the court proceedings which began on Oct 24, 2016.

Prosecuting officers Geoffery Gumalang and Azmil Aspara represented Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs ministry.

Meanwhile, during a press conference, the ministry’s state deputy directorV. Ravichandran said the businessman had sold the beverage at RM3.20 and the consumer lodged a complaint on the excessive price on March 7, 2016.

He said the ministry hoped businessmen would take the case as a lesson not to profiteer from marking up their food prices unreasonably.

“I also would like to advise consumers to report to our ministry if there are similar cases in future,” he said.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

if we have such laws  also ...

RM3.20 iced milo lands restaurateur RM30,000 fine

KOTA KINABALU: A restaurateur was fined RM30,000 or six months’ jail by the Sessions Court here for selling iced milo at an unreasonable price.

Shihan Mohd Salim, 28, who owns Anak Mami The Restaurant 3 here, was charged under Section 21(5) Price Control and Anti-Profiteering Act 2011 for failure to provide full details and receipts between Jan 2015 and March 2016 for beverages as required under Section 21(2) of the Act.

He also failed to show invoices for the chocolate and malt powder, milk and ice besides price tag for the drink during the same period of seven working days starting May 9, 2016.

Shihan was represented by PJ Pereira during the court proceedings which began on Oct 24, 2016.

Prosecuting officers Geoffery Gumalang and Azmil Aspara represented Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs ministry.

Meanwhile, during a press conference, the ministry’s state deputy directorV. Ravichandran said the businessman had sold the beverage at RM3.20 and the consumer lodged a complaint on the excessive price on March 7, 2016.

He said the ministry hoped businessmen would take the case as a lesson not to profiteer from marking up their food prices unreasonably.

“I also would like to advise consumers to report to our ministry if there are similar cases in future,” he said.

FYI, you have opened the 666th topic in this section.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I wonder who lodged the complaint.

Maybe it's somebody influential. 

RM 3.20? I'm pretty sure i drink old town ice milo drink there also more expensive

How they define RM3.20 is expensive for ice milo?

Ha.. Define is not in the Malaysian's dictionary. Another word missing is contract. Also kana removed is agreement.

Aiya.. We don't know want la.

Edited by Tiger1

U sure is rm3.20 boh. Or rm32.00.

Rm3.20 machiam sgd1.10 leh. Then all our kopitiams all kena. Lol.

if kopitiam here sell S$3.20, will it expensive?

• Praise 1

no, it's CHEAP! lol

here is no Starbuck no talk!

if kopitiam here sell S$3.20, will it expensive?

Edited by Wt_know

if RM3.20 in air-con food court in JB or KL, maybe still ok. In Sabah small coffee shop is quite high although i know KK living standard also not low.

ice milo in fast food chain is all 3 dollars lol

when go fast food nobody complain cos they went in knowing things not cheap, some more those were bloody pre-mixed. If go kopitiam with no aircon and pay $3.20 people sure kpkb.