• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Midorima
  • Midorima
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I currently drive an Audi Q3.

My car is a year+ old and about 20,000km+ of mileage.

The brakes used to only squeal/squeak a bit in the morning, especially when the weather is cold and it will go away. Only occurs when braking.

Recently, in addition to braking, the brakes squeal/squeak at around speeds of 10km +-, not the long type but short 0.5 sec to 1 sec types and probably a few times in succession. Doesn't always have but frequent enough to warrant attention.

Is it common? Or is there something wrong?

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

The brakes used to only squeal/squeak a bit in the morning, especially when the weather is cold and it will go away. Only occurs when braking.

Recently, in addition to braking, the brakes squeal/squeak at around speeds of 10km +-, not the long type but short 0.5 sec to 1 sec types and probably a few times in succession. Doesn't always have but frequent enough to warrant attention.

do a though service on the brakes and clean them. you will be surprised many brake dust accumulated that causes all these brake noise.

many workshops in sg they dont bother doing this when you service your car. pay a little labor and ask the workshop to clean the rotors and also the brake dust on the calipers. with this cleaning and service im very sure your brakes will have noise free.

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

do a though service on the brakes and clean them. you will be surprised many brake dust accumulated that causes all these brake noise.

many workshops in sg they dont bother doing this when you service your car. pay a little labor and ask the workshop to clean the rotors and also the brake dust on the calipers. with this cleaning and service im very sure your brakes will have noise free.

Doesn't last long though.. Very soon the noise will be back after accumulation.. My brakes also has this squeal.. but cannot be bothered already. (I'm not driving Audi)

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

iwonder
  • iwonder
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Doesn't last long though.. Very soon the noise will be back after accumulation.. My brakes also has this squeal.. but cannot be bothered already. (I'm not driving Audi)

I used to get squealing on my A6 many years ago too. You might want to ask in the vagsg forum if anyone has a solution. 

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi all,

Watch this youtube and see which one is the cause of the noise.

Edited by Yewheng, 15 September 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Buadongdong praised this

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by WayneEn  |  Neutral Newbie

Provide me with lots knowledgeable on car, always educating well and sourcing for solutions on car matters, provide alot of the of services( Lta compliant, insurance,car parts, car checks, lobangs ) make sure car are in healthy condition.

KGC Workshop Pte Ltd (Koh Guan Chua Workshop)

KGC Workshop Pte Ltd (Koh Guan Chua Workshop)  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by nasoud  |  Neutral Newbie

Review on behalf of my in law whose elantra got his rear hit. Gave joyce a call and was being attended patiently even though it's a public holiday.

We went down the very next day and handed over the car. She attended to us and ensured all our questions are answered. The process was totally fuss free and reassuring and was also given a replacement car upon re... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: audi, brakes, squeal, squeak and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users