Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

i dun know if this case its the lorry fault or bus.

but my work area got ALOT of these lorry driven by ft ( mostly indian )

super lousy driving skills, and drive SUPER FAST.

i dun know how the hell they manage to pass the driving test. or how the convertion work.

some thing must be very wrong somewhere for all of them to get lisence

I would reserve my comments till the background of the driver is out. LTA and TP really need to clamp down hard on all commercial heavy vehicles and trucks though. Or put back the black box
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

i dun know how the hell they manage to pass the driving test. or how the convertion work.

you will get your answer if you ever travel to india

yup, totally wrong. They should not be allowed to drive at all.

zoom here and there on the roads.

speeding beyond their speed limits, but too slow for the middle lane and yet hog it.

And that is one big reason i feel causing slower cars to hog the right lane cos they feel they are not as slow as these lorries...

OK, just saying only - pls do not start another round of the age-old discussion here, so soon [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I would reserve my comments till the background of the driver is out. LTA and TP really need to clamp down hard on all commercial heavy vehicles and trucks though. Or put back the black box

And also those PA bus too, Toyota Hiace type. These fellas think they are driving Ferrari and speed like no body business, no to mention , some of them even have those illegal blue headlights too, how the heck did they even pass the annual vehicle inspection ?!
  • Praise 2

Your suggestion does not address left turn.

Only right turn then straight.  No need turn left huh?

Left turn just turn when lights are green, 

Frankly speaking, I’ve seen too many FT lorry drivers with blatant respect for road safety and regulations..

Their mindset still stuck in their own world...

Anyway, that Cow is a jinx.. pls ask it to do the honorable thing..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

i dont think the Indian national drivers speed as much. If you want my honest opinion, it's the singaporeans and malaysians that tend to be more reckless  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

3 dead in the accident.

Wonder what happened? Driver lost control or had heart attack or what?

Help you put some context

SINGAPORE: A 25-year-old lorry driver was arrested after three pedestrians were killed in an accident near Yio Chu Kang MRT station on Monday (Apr 23) morning. 

The accident, which involved the lorry and an SBS Transit bus, took place at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 at around 9.30am. 

Two of the pedestrians were extricated from underneath the lorry using a rescue lifting airbag, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). All three victims were pronounced dead at the scene. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/yio-chu-kang-accident-pedestrians-killed-mrt-station-10166812

• Praise 2

OMG! Now even crossing road at traffic light also stressful. Better use overhead (if any) instead.

Have to look out whenever we are on or near the road - regardless at traffic light, pedestrian crossing or even at the bus stop/taxi stand.

Sad for the loss of 3 lives ..... may they RIP. Stupid driver.

for yrs i have been telling my wife and children not to wait near a traffic light......stand a distant away and only approach the junction when the lights is about to change to greenman......cause this the kind of thing that may happen. Only recently my oc and daughter listened to my advice.
  • Praise 2

Based on my observation, there are two driving styles around the world

1. Follow the rules strictly and respect other road users like Japan, USA, Western Europe etc.

2. Have good understanding of the drivers and their driving pattern like in India or alike (I have not seen so many accidents like we see here in my travel on their roads - may be I was lucky).

I guess we are in-between and we have to move more towards 1.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

SINGAPORE: A 25-year-old lorry driver was arrested after three pedestrians were killed in an accident near Yio Chu Kang MRT station on Monday (Apr 23) morning. 

The accident, which involved the lorry and an SBS Transit bus, took place at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 at around 9.30am. 

Two of the pedestrians were extricated from underneath the lorry using a rescue lifting airbag, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). All three victims were pronounced dead at the scene. 

Read more at https://www.channeln...tation-10166812

I pass by on the opposite side of the road, saw quite a few SCDF vehicles and police, but didn't know 3 deaths !

oh got collision involved. I thought was macham like terrorist act, the guy went onto the pavement and knocked people down. 

Police arrested him for reckless driving already

oh got collision involved. I thought was macham like terrorist act, the guy went onto the pavement and knocked people down. 

↡ Advertisement