Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

I pass by on the opposite side of the road, saw quite a few SCDF vehicles and police, but didn't know 3 deaths !

that junction if towards amk central the extreme left is a strictly left turn lane and middle lane can go either straight or turn left. What stunt did the lorry driver pulled sia?
↡ Advertisement

Based on my observation, there are two driving styles around the world

1. Follow the rules strictly and respect other road users like Japan, USA, Western Europe etc.

2. Have good understanding of the drivers and their driving pattern like in India or alike (I have not seen so many accidents like we see here in my travel on their roads - may be I was lucky).

I guess we are in-between and we have to move more towards 1.

To drive like 1 you need people that have a certain level of maturity.

For no 2 you just need people playing silly buggers games. You dare

over take me? I will overtake you back and play jam brake with you. To these

people driving is just like playing a video game. Cut in here, cut in there

jam brake, people signal to change lane faster accelerate to cut them off.

We are all kinder garden kids playing silly buggers on the road.

Who here never accelerate to cut someone off when they signal to cut into

our lane? 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

To drive like 1 you need people that have a certain level of maturity.

For no 2 you just need people playing silly buggers games. You dare

over take me? I will overtake you back and play jam with you. To these

people driving is just like playing a video game. Cut in here, cut in there

jam brake, people signal to change lane faster accelerate to cut them off.

We are all kinder garden kids playing silly buggers on the road.

Who here never accelerate to cut someone off when they signal to cut into

our lane?

:D

me.....guess that make me a mature old man. I will do 1 better.....if the fella signal i will even brake to make room for him to merge.......soompar!
  • Praise 2

Hot mama! MILF!

nod Nod...hot and sexy.

Heng never use data see video :grin:

go watch..just mute it. you won't regret...quite ok milf

wah liao....i thought +1 was for the poster.......sakali for the chio ah lian shorts.....ðððð. Bro Staff 69 say she MY bu.......true har?

her Cantonese sound like Malaysian.
  • Praise 2

some people just want to complicate matters.......i know of people wait 10 mins for grab......grab lost his way and cant find the entrance to our working place....

• Praise 1

nod Nod...hot and sexy.

i knew she speaks cantonese......so MY canto got a slight accent different from SG.....which wan closer MY-HK or SG-HK? If quarrel in Cantonese.........wahliao......maciam gpmg non-stop firing sia......think oni the Taiwanese Hokkien can give them a good fight.....

being typical singaporean.. i very paiseh to make uber/grab driver wait... and that stupid app keeps changing the ETA.... 2min...5min... 8min.... 2min.... stuck long time... all becoz the driver lost his way.

under normal conditions.. thats fine... but the same thing happened to me 3days in a row... while i was using crutches...

wah.....crutches? What happened? Yes i believe you about the waiting......my friend showed me her ride.....3 minutes for about 10 mins......
  • Praise 1

nod Nod...hot and sexy.

I go home then watch lah :grin:

May I post this again:

First thing, get a kick ass DVR! For both front and back and make sure it works and get a good card.

Defensive driving begins with the right tech to first off fraudulent claims. 

When traveling abroad

1- get enough rest before starting out on a long journey - if you just got off a long plane ride, think hard before you embark on a long drive    [sleeping]

2- get a car that you can handle - don't bite more than you can chew - if you have never driven a 4000cc car, don't start now.. 

3- understand the local rules and SOP

4- take a day or two to get use to the roads especially if it's a left hand drive

5- have more than one designated driver    [grouphug]

6- take regular breaks

7- don't try and cover too much ground, such that you drive too much and get tired and also don't get to see much

8- check the car (tires, brakes, liquids etc)

9- get travel insurance, even if you have cover from your credit card

10- tell someone where you are going and where you come from - eg your hotel for the next night

11- drive at safe speeds

12- look out for cross winds

13- remember to buckle up - front and rear passengers alike

14- enjoy the journey and the ride with friends - nothing like the open road, here, M'sia or a longer trip... it doesn't matter so long as you are with good company!

In Singapore, most of the tips still apply:

- drive only when you can

- drive at a speed you can handle

- if you drink, don't drive 

- don't try and multi-task

- don't use the HP, actually even with a hands free, it's not such a good idea

(I try and put my phone out of reach or silence it, so I don't try to reach for it)

- check the car and send it for regular servicing

(oils, liquids, tires etc)

- tires, not Botak, does not mean no need to change - 30-40k is the maximum

- preventive maintenance is vital, don't wait til it's broken then change it

- don't assume the other guy is a pro and is aware of you, drive like the other person is a lousy driver, so keep the appropriate distance away 

- BUCKLE UP, it's the law, and it's for your safety

- stay visible and signal your intentions early 

- if you think you can't make it, don't accelerate and try to beat the light or the other car

- if you err, stick out your hand and wave a 'sorry' - you will be surprised how that calms the other guy

- if someone let's you go, and gives way, wave too - pay it forward    [wave]

If there's really going to be an accident:

- brace brace brace 

- take pics

- it's an SOP to have a DVR these days - FRONT AND BACK 

- carry a first aid kit

- a bit late, but always make sure your insurance is up to date

- stop the vehicle somewhere safe before you get out to talk to the other party

- don't fight, don't get violent, take pics and walk away if the other party is aggressive    [inlove]

If you see an accident, DON'T KPO, keep moving. Report it when you are safe, or on a hands free. Don't add to the accident. Rubbernecking is a bad idea.

Watch out for oil slicks

Be safe, not sorry

Oh and if you do get stuck in a jam, just enjoy the time alone, reflect, since the car is going nowhere, don't horn or get angry. Spend a few moments of quiet time.. 

Finally if you have kids in the car, watch what you say or do..

Your young son / daughter is learning from daddy - if you curse and swear at everything and everyone around you, don't blame them for doing the same too later in life..

Sometimes, it's more important to do the right thing, than to lecture them, they learn more from our actions.    [angel]

That's it for now    [drivingcar]

Finally if you do get into an accident, remember to keep cool, even if the other chap was an idiot.

得饶人处且饶人。。

• Praise 5

Supersonic

that junction if towards amk central the extreme left is a strictly left turn lane and middle lane can go either straight or turn left. What stunt did the lorry driver pulled sia?

It seems the lorry went up the kerb, maybe lost control, hit the bus waiting to come out, and killing 3 pedestrians.

That was at the junction where you dropped off people at YCK MRT station and exit to AMK Ave 6.

Turbocharged

i dont think the Indian national drivers speed as much. If you want my honest opinion, it's the singaporeans and malaysians that tend to be more reckless  [lipsrsealed]

this i agree. When in tuas/jurong i would see many suicide speeding trucks and on occasions when i manage to catch up with them at red lights, i'd see innocent looking old uncles behind the wheel. But not to say there are no speeding indian ft drivers... of course there are too but dont seem to be majority imo.

• Praise 3

Let's not speculate if the lorry driver is a FT. RIP to the 3 pedestrians. I'm really sadden by this news.

Well I do agree some FTs are really reckless on the roads, is LTA or TP enforcing like speed detectors in the commercial heavy vehicles? Are these FTs require to pass TP test before they can drive on the roads? LTA and TP really need to do something before more innocent are lost. :(

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

you will get your answer if you ever travel to india

beeeep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

... and that's just the first minute..

• Praise 2

It seems the lorry went up the kerb, maybe lost control, hit the bus waiting to come out, and killing 3 pedestrians.

That was at the junction where you dropped off people at YCK MRT station and exit to AMK Ave 6.

its the junction from yio chu kang rd to amk central.....can see Presbyterian school building......

Twincharged

Let's not speculate if the lorry driver is a FT. RIP to the 3 pedestrians. I'm really sadden by this news.

Well I do agree some FTs are really reckless on the roads, is LTA or TP enforcing like speed detectors in the commercial heavy vehicles? Are these FTs require to pass TP test before they can drive on the roads? LTA and TP really need to do something before more innocent are lost. :(

The father of the driver is called Xu Hsu Jing. So I don't think is FT?

The father of the driver is called Xu Hsu Jing. So I don't think is FT?

The 25-year-old male lorry driver, who suffered injuries in the accident, has been arrested for causing death by a negligent act. The Straits Times understands he is Singaporean.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/lorry-driver-arrested-after-3-pedestrians-killed-in-accident-near-yio-chu-kang-mrt-station

• Praise 4

hope his company gets sued till bankrupt

and he be sued for liability cos 3 lives equals 3 families affected

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1