Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

Dont anyhow pinpoint the blame on FT leh. 

Anyway, I do noticed many Off Service bus driving recklessly. Do you guys? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

hope his company gets sued till bankrupt

and he be sued for liability cos 3 lives equals 3 families affected

Coy won't kenah heavy penalty.... Unless the driver is illegal worker or no license.

Unlike smrt whereby CEO will have to shoulder all the blame.

The father of the driver is called Xu Hsu Jing. So I don't think is FT?

His dad's name you also know? Not stated in the papers leh. You got inside information?

His dad's name you also know? Not stated in the papers leh. You got inside information?

A decal on the lorry showed it belonged to a company called Chang Fu located at Northstar @ AMK. When Channel NewsAsia contacted the company, a man named Xu Hsu Jing said his son had been driving the lorry when the accident occurred. 

"My son said his vision went blurry and that he couldn't see anything before the accident happened," Mr Xu said in Mandarin.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/yio-chu-kang-accident-pedestrians-killed-lorry-10166812

• Praise 4

It was reported on CNA. 

On a serious note, please stay safe people. Be aware of your environment and don’t keep your eyes glued on the phone all the time.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/yio-chu-kang-accident-pedestrians-killed-lorry-10166812

Edited by Raubern
  • Praise 5

RIP... 

i dun know if this case its the lorry fault or bus.

but my work area got ALOT of these lorry driven by ft ( mostly indian )

super lousy driving skills, and drive SUPER FAST. 

i dun know how the hell they manage to pass the driving test. or how the convertion work.

some thing must be very wrong somewhere for all of them to get lisence

lets not generalise here. not all FTs drive recklessly. 

• Praise 2

OMG! Now even crossing road at traffic light also stressful. Better use overhead (if any) instead.

Have to look out whenever we are on or near the road - regardless at traffic light, pedestrian crossing or even at the bus stop/taxi stand.

Sad for the loss of 3 lives ..... may they RIP. Stupid driver.

This is tragedic but i also notice people just cross the road without looking out for traffic. when the pedestrian led sign turns green, they will just simply walk without paying attention to see if there is any car coming. I am not saying it will help in this situation but it will certainly help when time to come. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

i knew she speaks cantonese......so MY canto got a slight accent different from SG.....which wan closer MY-HK or SG-HK? If quarrel in Cantonese.........wahliao......maciam gpmg non-stop firing sia......think oni the Taiwanese Hokkien can give them a good fight.....ðððð

bz now. go home than teach you Cantonese.
  • Praise 1

beeeep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep beep

... and that's just the first minute..

and worse if your lodging is by the road... somehow i managed to get used to the honking by the 3rd night... 

This is tragedic but i also notice people just cross the road without looking out for traffic. when the pedestrian led sign turns green, they will just simply walk without paying attention to see if there is any car coming. I am not saying it will help in this situation but it will certainly help when time to come.

worse is when they cross the road while looking at their phone... they think they have some invisible forcefield around them or they are Incredible Hulk...  [shakehead]

Dont anyhow pinpoint the blame on FT leh. 

Anyway, I do noticed many Off Service bus driving recklessly. Do you guys? 

i agree... hence.. i dont go close... 

• Praise 1

Coy won't kenah heavy penalty.... Unless the driver is illegal worker or no license.

Unlike smrt whereby CEO will have to shoulder all the blame.

that means max 100,000 insurance coverage

It was reported on CNA.

On a serious note, please stay safe people. Be aware of your environment and donât keep your eyes glued on the phone all the time.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/yio-chu-kang-accident-pedestrians-killed-lorry-10166812

I saw some photos circulating online.

Saw the deceased - a man trapped under the lorry and a lady with "bad bleeding".

There's another one covered (I think was quite young by looking at the hand and leg). A dented wheelchair too.

The bus driver and passengers in the bus must be horrified to witness the accident.

Sigh..... what an excuse "blur vision".

My friend's MIL was knocked down by a lorry. He came to the funeral and apologised. He said the road was clear and dun knw why her MIL suddenly dashed out he couldnt stop in time. He said "ghost cover his eyes". ??????? :(

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I saw some photos circulating online.

Saw the deceased - a man trapped under the lorry and a lady with "bad bleeding".

There's another one covered (I think was quite young by looking at the hand and leg). A dented wheelchair too.

The bus driver and passengers in the bus must be horrified to witness the accident.

Sigh..... what an excuse "blur vision".

My friend's MIL was knocked down by a lorry. He came to the funeral and apologised. He said the road was clear and dun knw why her MIL suddenly dashed out he couldnt stop in time. He said "ghost cover his eyes". ??????? :(

Must send all these ppl for course to learn to explain themselves to their victims' families and not find excuses and aggravate the issue instead.

But then, there is usually no valid reason and all the driver can say is sorry.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

It seems the lorry went up the kerb, maybe lost control, hit the bus waiting to come out, and killing 3 pedestrians.

That was at the junction where you dropped off people at YCK MRT station and exit to AMK Ave 6.

maybe LTA should put bollards at traffic light crossings ...

some of these traffic crossings are just too close for comfort ... you can see the bus make a left turn and the rear tire just touch the cornerstone of the pathway ...

a place which I am expecting something bad to happen will be the crossing at CGH leading to the A&E entrance.

the turn is so close that I anticipate that one day a vehicle might just drive through the walkway when making a left turn at the traffic lights.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

me.....guess that make me a mature old man. I will do 1 better.....if the fella signal i will even brake to make room for him to merge.......soompar!

Bro you should go further... the driver dare not change lane, stop your car, help to direct traffic away and ensure the driver change lane safely...  [laugh]  [:p]

Must send all these ppl for course to learn to explain themselves to their victims' families and not find excuses and aggravate the issue instead.

But then, there is usually no valid reason and all the driver can say is sorry.

even if there was a "valid" reason, the family of the deceased would not think so... can only say sorry and seek forgiveness... 

RIP and all the best to the victims' families... 

• Praise 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/it-was-so-sudden-it-could-have-been-me-teens-close-shave-with-lorry-in-yio-chu-kang-fatal

'It was so sudden, it could have been me': Teen's close shave with death in Yio Chu Kang fatal accident

SINGAPORE - Mr Leow Jun An was walking to a bus stop in front of Presbyterian High School in Ang Mo Kio on Monday morning (April 23), when an oncoming lorry flashed before his eyes.

Turning around, the 19-year-old saw the lorry mount the pavement and drive past him along Ang Mo Kio Ave 6,  narrowly missing him by about a metre.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2