• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

wonder if this will take off if in the mass market ?

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Interesting
Mercs praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually may not cost more from production point of view - no need motors, control unit for the side mirrors.

They should locate the cameras to the front fenders like olden days to eliminate blind spots too.

Edited by Volvobrick, 15 September 2018 - 05:44 PM.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:04 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the left/right screen in the car is sibei “jor teng” ...
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

GiulianoBelfiore

Lexus ES with Digital Outer Mirrors

https://www.motori.n...etti-27573.html

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I believe this is the future. Some day all cars will be similarly equipped. In this instance the monitor screens could be better integrated with dashboard or A-pillar.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

To me use traditional side mirror check still better.

Imagine when you want to check left or right side and look at the LCD screen, then you turn and look ahead. Your eyes may get affected due to the contrest difference, or the size is not in propotion. So that few seconds of eye need getting used to will be critical moment if there is car/motobike hiding in the blindspot.

Kangadrool and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:39 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

画蛇添足。

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:10 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Should introduce this cam mirror on the King Kong lorries and prime movers. They have a lot more blind spots.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:53 PM

Bacteria83
  • Premium member
    Bacteria83
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if it solve blind spot issue why not?

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:22 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like this a lot.

Side mirrors, like wipers, are so passé.

Edited by Fcw75, 15 September 2018 - 11:23 PM.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:44 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Probably 10 to 20 years down the road...

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Probably 10 to 20 years down the road...

It's already available on the Lexus ES, but only in Japan for now. Another "first" for Toyota.

https://www.autoexpr...of-wing-mirrors

https://www.news18.c...as-1877499.html

Edited by Toeknee_33, 16 September 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's already available on the Lexus ES, but only in Japan for now. Another "first" for Toyota.

https://www.autoexpr...of-wing-mirrors

https://www.news18.c...as-1877499.html

I mean to be widely used for all cars in the future.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I mean to be widely used for all cars in the future.

Wait for more legislations to allow
Garage36.com

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wait for more legislations to allow

Singapore no need wait.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Singapore no need wait.

Car manufacturer no gives a shit bout singpaore
Garage36.com

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hope BMW comes up with psychic-sensing signal actuator and make sure is not optional equipment this time.  :D

I like this a lot.

Side mirrors, like wipers, are so passé.

SiLangKia, Fcw75, Volvobrick and Lala81 praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Personally, I would not be a fan of "digital" mirrors.

1. Possible "lag". If you want to keep your car for a longer time, the electronics might fail if it's affected by weather, degrading either the quality of the camera or the screen.

2. Scratches on the camera would be bad. At least, on a mirror, it will affect less of the entire area.

3. More electronic stuff to go wrong. I'm more of a mechanical guy, so I could be biased.

4. Screens have to be anti glare / bright enough for the day, and not too bright at night.

So, for me, no.

Heman75 praised this
吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Personally, I would not be a fan of "digital" mirrors.

1. Possible "lag". If you want to keep your car for a longer time, the electronics might fail if it's affected by weather, degrading either the quality of the camera or the screen.

2. Scratches on the camera would be bad. At least, on a mirror, it will affect less of the entire area.

3. More electronic stuff to go wrong. I'm more of a mechanical guy, so I could be biased.

4. Screens have to be anti glare / bright enough for the day, and not too bright at night.

So, for me, no.

whether we like it or not, these are the things to come in the near future

some car's dash are digital display to look like analog

tesla huge ipad like screen in the central console

products of yesteryears cannot be compared to products today because today's products are literally "designed to fail", make you buy new model, making repairs extremely expensive and etc

i resisted smartphone for as long as I can because i knew once i had it i would be suck into the never ending checking my phone

Spring, Mercs, Newbie26 and Uncle2 praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lexus, side mirror, side camera and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users