DS 3 Crossback

AlessandroCorsa

I find the French design is not bad but I find their culture very queer.

Take their DS4 for example. The first half of the car is very well designed but the 2nd half is like the car designer felt he's not paid enough and decided to go on strike. It literally might be the case for the French actually. The rear windows don't wind down instead you get it swivel in an odd angle that's not really useful like the triangular front window on a classic vw beetle. The actual problem is the car's short wheelbase, the rear door has not much space left after the front had been designed and hence it cannot accommodate for the windows to wind down. It becomes a not so functional or a dysfunctional hatchback. LoL...it's as if the car maker is trying to play a prank on its car buyers. It doesn't really bothers Citroen...I think. Got to hand it to them.

I will not be surprised if this new car will come with something queer as well.

I think this car got the similar issue. Looking at the rear window it will not be able to wind down fully. The window will obviously hit the wheel arch. So they add this shark fin design so that the window wouldn't look too weird if it just wind down half way. It will just level with the tip of the shark fin.

Edited by Watwheels

On 9/15/2018 at 6:46 PM, AlessandroCorsa said:

2018-ds3-crossback-06.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-01.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-02.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-03.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-07.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-11.jpg

S0-presentation-video-ds-3-crossback-ell

2018-ds3-crossback-31.jpg

2018-ds3-crossback-35.jpg

Design of the DS 3 is very attractive. I'm comparing it to MG's ZS. Both very premium looking and stands out. Cabin wise the D3 3 is strange. Not saying that its ugly but you gotta have an open mind and a unique taste to like it. Odd shapes and all. Looking forward to year end where supposedly the launch is 

https://www.cyclecarriage.com/sg/ds/events/ds3-motorshow