Looking for Job in automotive sector, need advise

Nick2342

Long story short, just graduated few months back.from TED automotive,

Trying to apply for job as finances at home are tight.. currently working as a temp in the meantime to help with income, but it isnt enough to support..

No luck so far with regards to job applications.. Not sure what to expect or how long usually the job application process take as this is my first time applying for job

No driving license yet but currently midway taking class 3,  didn't take when i was studying in order to focus on studies..

Anyone working in the industry so far?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Have you search for any jobs from ST Engineering? Under their land systems arm. You should be able to find some that is relevant to your field of study.

yup i checked already on jobstreet... they require class 3 license..

yup i checked already on jobstreet... they require class 3 license..

Ic. Or perhaps you can search from the company's website instead of from jobstreet. 

Maybe got more options.

Ic. Or perhaps you can search from the company's website instead of from jobstreet. 

Maybe got more options.

Thank you. Have checked.. Got some jobs that are automotive but not sure if they explicitly need driving license..

Trying to apply for job as finances at home are tight.. currently working as a temp in the meantime to help with income, but it isnt enough to support..

No luck so far with regards to job applications.. Not sure what to expect or how long usually the job application process take as this is my first time applying for job

No driving license yet but currently midway taking class 3,  didn't take when i was studying in order to focus on studies..

Thanks in advance!

Try Continental Automotive who design cars' instruments and HVAC systems, etc.  They have a big office building in Bendemeer and from what I know, they are expanding / hiring...

• Praise 6

Try Continental Automotive who design cars' instruments and HVAC systems, etc.  They have a big office building in Bendemeer and from what I know, they are expanding / hiring...

Oic... thank you for the heads up! [thumbsup] Appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

did you post about this before? 

there was a similar thread about 3-4 months back about a fresh grad from automotive sector too. cant find the thread now sorry, but quite a bit of advice in that one

• Praise 1

did you post about this before? 

there was a similar thread about 3-4 months back about a fresh grad from automotive sector too. cant find the thread now sorry, but quite a bit of advice in that one

ohh yup i think i posted before.,. my bad..

i didnt login long time hence didnt notice,,

Try Continental Automotive who design cars' instruments and HVAC systems, etc. They have a big office building in Bendemeer and from what I know, they are expanding / hiring...

Yeah.. prepare for iQ n Eq test as well as financial accounting. Not tough but need to be at least conversant with pri 6 maths n simple acct principle Edited by Sdf4786k

Yeah.. prepare for iQ n Eq test as well as financial accounting. Not tough but need to be at least conversant with pri 6 maths n simple acct principle

Most of the jobs at conti need degree.. checked alr. I only dip nia

Got a callback from one company but not really optimistic abt my chances

):

Edited by Nick2342

Yeah.. prepare for iQ n Eq test as well as financial accounting. Not tough but need to be at least conversant with pri 6 maths n simple acct principle

Didn't know so tough to get in. One of my fren works there. But we never talk about work. He is there a few years liao. Told me, sometimes Saturday also must work and stay in office late for video conferencing with US clients.

Just tell the interviewer. I only have a Dip but I intend to do a degree part time.

Having a job will give me an insight into how to blend theory and practice to become a better employee.

I am also happy to take an entry level position as I believe the best way to learn is starting at the bottom and also I am not afraid of hard work.

Good luck. Look forward to you getting the job so I can get the employee discount.

:D

• Praise 3

):

learn from the foreigners

get any job available first then show your potential and what your can offer

dont restricts your capabilities , show them ,you have the drive and willingness to learn

no class 3, just say i am taking my practical test next month

get into the company first then iron out the little nitty gritty details such as class 3 licence

you lost half of the battle when you cant even muster up the confidence

still remember my first interview with #$=÷

the interview just ask me 1 question

give me 1 good reason why i should hire you.

give your self 10 reason why they should hire you and you should do fine

interviews is all about getting to know the candidate better and see how he can contribute to the business and if he's a team player

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 5

):

Always remember the object of the call is to get the interview and the only objective of the interview is to get the job.

When you get the call always get them excited so they want to hear more and then say maybe we can meet up so we can discuss more.

At the interview always remember that interviewer always have a bias and make up their minds in 30 seconds if they want to take you or not and you should exploit that bias.

Most important is identify the decison maker and find out what they are looking for in a candidate.

Some look for a can do attitude, some look for passion and enthusiasm, sadly 99% just look for a yes man who is not a threat to their job.

If they want a yes man with your zero working experience and no degree the job is yours.

Just pretend to be humble and don't let them know how smart you are. Asking advice on MCF no one can be smarter than getting pearls from the highest intellects in Singapore.

All the best I can smell fresh CSC6s on the way.

• Praise 3

Just tell the interviewer. I only have a Dip but I intend to do a degree part time.

Having a job will give me an insight into how to blend theory and practice to become a better employee.

I am also happy to take an entry level position as I believe the best way to learn is starting at the bottom and also I am not afraid of hard work.

Good luck. Look forward to you getting the job so I can get the employee discount.

Haiz. Need at least to schedule interview first.. but once i think employer hear about hearing loss immed gg liao hence why i not optimistic.

Is a thank you email (will contact if shortlisted for interview) means gg alr?

↡ Advertisement