Starhub to axe 300 staff!

Lala81

Customer svc was terrible. Frontline staff ok, but ever tried calling in or even a simple matter as returning set-top box make it so inconvenient.

I was with starhub for many years before hopping over to M1. 

Customer service? do they even have such a department to start off with? 

Frontline staff? at one point  they employed all the bengs and lians who will give you a kind of look when you ask one more question.  <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

starhub axe staffs? 

Why am I not surprise!!!

Old fashion business model, lousy products, boh chap corporate attitude from top down,  zero customer service., no different from ah beng hand phone shop. 

I am only surprise they manage to hang in there so long.... -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

Haha, thy really " tong cow bei tong liao " last really chop chop lor! :a-SOS:

• Praise 1

I believe Netflix is part of the reason.

Now I have a Philips tv with a big Netflix button on the remote control.

All I need is to sign up an account, connect to wifi.

Lots of movies and tv series available.

Who needs set top box now ? Who needs mediacrap now ?

And the changing tides keep changing.

• Praise 1

Haha, thy really " tong cow bei tong liao " last really chop chop lor! :a-SOS:

300 is really not a small number.

i think see stars liao..... :a-confused:  [laugh]  [laugh]

My personal feel is that cost cutting via retrenchments is not the way to go.

Senior Management can take pay / allowance / bonus cuts, the monies there will go a long way to saving jobs. Besides, if company is not doing well, its because Senior Management did not steer the ship properly in their first place, not the fault of the crew.

Wa why u say pap?
  • Praise 3

starhub axe staffs? 

Why am I not surprise!!!

Old fashion business model, lousy products, boh chap corporate attitude from top down,  zero customer service., no different from ah beng hand phone shop. 

I am only surprise they manage to hang in there so long.... -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

poor service level is not confining to starthub alone, all telcos are the same. In fact all the high volume consumer service providers are the same. back to telcos, be it singtel, starhub, M1 etc, there is no service level to talk about. Their customers will get to talk to voice machine, select all the options and do all the self service you need. If you cannot find any of the options you want in the interactive voice recording, more likely the phone will hang up on you.  This is the same for banking industry as well. 

• Praise 2

I was with starhub for many years before hopping over to M1.

Customer service? do they even have such a department to start off with?

Frontline staff? at one point they employed all the bengs and lians who will give you a kind of look when you ask one more question. <_<[laugh][laugh]

Customer service never call before so can't comment.

But their frontline staff quite ok la cos I got two starhub line.

They are quite polite actually.Or maybe l look more beng than them.lol....

300 out of 2500 is 12% which is not a small number.

It can happen to anyone in next downturn. One should reflect on what he/she is doing to mitigate the risk.

Good luck if there is a lot of debts to be paid

Turbocharged

Next year, Disney coming out its paid service app for all the movies and series it owns. Plus Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Toggle, etc. All in one smart tv with a single remote control!!

MIO tv might be no business soon, who still subscribe to MIO tv? 

question should be, who subscribed to mio in the first place?

Is the telco scene competitive? Not really. I been hanging on to my old phone plan with only 100 mb data because no attractive option and pricing. All options need at least around $40/mth. Too much for me. SIM only plan not an option too because I need to retain talktime. Give up. So I say not enough competition yet.

how much talk time do you need?

IPTV killed the cable TV.

I guess is the combination, coupled with bad customer service. Starhub is famous for bad customer service where especially when customer request to speak to manager and the CSO say manager busy and request for callback instead. Then customer wait for the callback but no one give a callback. Then there are also a lot of lapses on the fiber Broadband set up. Where appointment is made for the technician to come to setup the fiber broadband and when the day come, no one come and customer called and CSO say no such record and or staff forget to I set the date. All these are darn terrible. So now a spring cleanup is sort of payback for the past. Their past action pissed off many customers, so when more customer are gone, naturally cost pressure come. Maybe the new top leader that come in also previously deal with starhub CSO with this shit and now he is sort of the biggest and know where the problem lies and do a big organization shuffle. So well..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

There is no corporate  job that is truly secure these days.

My advise is never get too comfortable with your job. Always develop another skillset that interest you while you can regardless of your level in your organisation now.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 7

I am waiting for my contract to be done to get out of SH TV and fibre.... 

Been their customer for the longest time, even got quite abit of their shares, but with the way they handle the discovery channels fiasco is the final straw. 

GPGT :D

post-24957-0-47775900-1538610141_thumb.jpg

No wonder i recontract SH tv plan.. Gimme Free 1Gig fibre!

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Are they going to replace CECA as their CSO?

Whom are willing to accept lower pay and longer hours.

↡ Advertisement