BM now accepts PI Toyotas for servicing and repair

Raubern

APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF GREY IMPORT / PARALLEL IMPORTED TOYOTA

A one-time Registration fee of $588.50 (inclusive of GST) applies to join our servicing network. 

Included in the registration fee:

a) 1 x complimentary vehicle health check

b) 1 x standard servicing package# redeemable within 12 months from date of application only at Pandan Toyota Service Centre or Bukit Batok Toyota Service Centre.

c) We will notify you based on your preferred mode of contact if your vehicle is affected under any safety recall issued by the manufacturer of your vehicle.

d) In the event you decide to sell your car, you’re entitled to a certificate of assurance if you have serviced your vehicle with us for two consecutive years according to the recommended service interval. T&Cs apply.

#Appointments must be made through our Customer Relations at 6631 1188.

Too bad I had sold off my Vellfire, else I would have gladly pay this fee to have my car serviced by BM workshops.

The registration fee actually is quite fair for those who want to have their cars serviced under BM as a standard servicing package would have cost $360 for Vellfire. I do not know how much the complimentary vehicle health check would cost but should be more than $50. The rest would be intangible effects. So not really chop carrot kind of cost.

Maybe some are not aware, not all PI car buyers are sleeping very well every night as some are worrying all the time about manufacture recalls especially when their appointed workshops are deemed CMI type or not competent to handle the cars or have simply closed shop. With  this initiative, these people would be able to enjoy the best of both worlds knowing they have a safe hand to look after their rides. Cost wise I look at Toyota SG site not very expensive - $360 for standard and $600 for major if Vellfire. This is definitely more ex than those workshops that do oil change only, but the peace of mind you get would be priceless. At least the mechanics there have been trained properly by the Japan Toyota.

So yes, I definitely will support if I am having a PI Toyota car. Really small price to pay for peace of mind.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Leaving out the adoption pricing and the service pricing out, most of the PI owners are worried more about the recall for their respective vehicles. 

For PI's linked with decent sized workshops like MBM or other similar sized garages recall / safety issues may be of lesser or no concern. It is those "in-house" or "fly by night " workshop tie ups that would get a sense of relief to be able to go to BM for addressing their quality concerns.

One thing I did not see in the terms and conditions of the BM adoption is do they still plan to honor the warranty?

I’m saying that pml service non existent la

Have lah...CSO always advise owner that this is very normal  [lipsrsealed]

Standard template of PML  :XD:

Red Bean soup sarporkter

I love Red Bean Soup with Orange Peel  [:p]

" Hi BM parts dept? I would like to do know if you have the current Voxy hybrid LED tailights and headlights? I got into an accident and I need replacement parts.."      

BM parts dept >   There are only a handful of your model  that registered with us.  There is no stock at the moment.  Is it urgent ?  We can EO for you.  It will take about 3-6 working days.   

" Hi BM parts dept? I need the whole Toyota Sensing Suite module for my Voxy and Sienta"

BM parts dept >   There are only a handful of your model  that registered with us.  There is no stock at the moment.  Is it urgent ?  We can EO for you.  It will take about 3-6 working days.   

Probably a typical reply. 

Too bad I had sold off my Vellfire, else I would have gladly pay this fee to have my car serviced by BM workshops.

The registration fee actually is quite fair for those who want to have their cars serviced under BM as a standard servicing package would have cost $360 for Vellfire. I do not know how much the complimentary vehicle health check would cost but should be more than $50. The rest would be intangible effects. So not really chop carrot kind of cost.

Maybe some are not aware, not all PI car buyers are sleeping very well every night as some are worrying all the time about manufacture recalls especially when their appointed workshops are deemed CMI type or not competent to handle the cars or have simply closed shop. With this initiative, these people would be able to enjoy the best of both worlds knowing they have a safe hand to look after their rides. Cost wise I look at Toyota SG site not very expensive - $360 for standard and $600 for major if Vellfire. This is definitely more ex than those workshops that do oil change only, but the peace of mind you get would be priceless. At least the mechanics there have been trained properly by the Japan Toyota.

So yes, I definitely will support if I am having a PI Toyota car. Really small price to pay for peace of mind.

Now Borneo also got bring in Vellfire. Will you still buy PI if given a choice? :) Edited by Lethalstrike

Now Borneo also got bring in Vellfire. Will you still buy PI if given a choice? :)

Of course. Why not?

The reason I went PI route was because I did not want to spend $220k for the variant that BM had been selling. In case you not aware, Toyota offers quite a big range of vairiants for Alphard/Vellfire, but for certain reason BM always only offer the lounge seats variant which is at the highest end that come with 2.5L engine. I di not want to pay so much for a car but I love the Vellfire very much, so I got the 7-seat Z variant that comes with captain seats which is much cheaper at about $170k instead.

But as the days went by, I started to get worried whether the PI workshop is properly trained to handle my ride should it encounter some complex issues due to the amount of electronics that came with the car. My ideal Vellfire would be the latest model that come with Toyota Safety Sensing but it will come with even more electronics onboard, so I will be even more worried if I were to upgrade. 

Things might have been different if this news was announced few months back. But so far I am glad that I am spared the pains to do more deliberation haha.

So yah,  this news will embolden me to buy from PI even more readily if I really think that it offers the best disposition.

Of course. Why not?

The reason I went PI route was because I did not want to spend $220k for the variant that BM had been selling. In case you not aware, Toyota offers quite a big range of vairiants for Alphard/Vellfire, but for certain reason BM always only offer the lounge seats variant which is at the highest end that come with 2.5L engine. I di not want to pay so much for a car but I love the Vellfire very much, so I got the 7-seat Z variant that comes with captain seats which is much cheaper at about $170k instead.

But as the days went by, I started to get worried whether the PI workshop is properly trained to handle my ride should it encounter some complex issues due to the amount of electronics that came with the car. My ideal Vellfire would be the latest model that come with Toyota Safety Sensing but it will come with even more electronics onboard, so I will be even more worried if I were to upgrade. 

Things might have been different if this news was announced few months back. But so far I am glad that I am spared the pains to do more deliberation haha.

So yah,  this news will embolden me to buy from PI even more readily if I really think that it offers the best disposition.

How about Richburg motor?

They have their own WS

Of course. Why not?

So yah, this news will embolden me to buy from PI even more readily if I really think that it offers the best disposition.

Interesting perspective. From your last sentence I don't know if this will turn out to be a wise decision for Borneo :D But still, consumers like you and me stands to benefit from both sides.

Interesting perspective. From your last sentence I don't know if this will turn out to be a wise decision for Borneo :D But still, consumers like you and me stands to benefit from both sides.

Lethal strikingly benefited.

TOYOTA vehicles in general are bread and butter - there are no complex electronics and any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors.

• Praise 1

i might be wrong but if we segregate borneo from Toyota than it would make sense. borneo just a commercial entity where toyota a global brand.

pressure from toyota inc?

Yes, there can be pressure from Toyota HQ.

I bought a PI Wish in 06. Renewed COE in Jan 16.

Later in 16, there was Takata airbag worldwide recall.

I checked with my PI on whether my car was affected, but the PI act blur, said they only take care of cars up to 10 yr. (which LTA confirmed is not true, and PI needs to continue to be responsible as long as car is not dereg).

Simultaneously i emailed Toyota (who gave a email address to contact for the recall).

Two days later, BM called me to tell me that they will check for me whether my PI car was affected...

IF LTA forces all ADs to do recall repair for the brands under them be it sold by them or PI for free, might as well charge them $600 "adoption fee"  masquerading as a fee to "join the servicing network".

In actual fact, maybe PI Toyota owners might want to check if they get to be recalled and repair for free even if they don't pay this protection money? :D

LTA can force all ADs/PIs to inform owners when there is recall involved.

But LTA cannot force them to absorb the costs. Whether the ADs/PIs charge for the recalll replacement, is independent. ADs will almost certainly replace FOC, cos they can claim from the Principal/manufacturer.

PIs on the other hand, might not be able to do so, and therefore might not want to foot the bill. Their 'workshops' also will not likely have connection with the manufacturers and might have difficulty getting the required parts.

Oh, yes, if PI toyota owners complain to Toyota HQ, there is a good chance BM will follow up with you on your problem(s). I experienced it myself. [laugh]

Ok lo

How about triplets which is popular MPV?

If this question came about 10 yr ago, then there will also be about 5 years' worth of the pre-facelift and the facelift variants of 1G Toyota Wish from PIs. [laugh]

But mostly expired by now.

Maybe still got some PI Harriers expiring soon...

Parts supply is a complex relationship between AD, local suppliers and workshops.

They may get from one another if a certain part is not moving, difficult to get, etc.

What I know is Komoco (AD for Hyundai) and Song Yi (part supplier) may indent certain parts together in a certain parts supply system to their supplier in Korea.

Since parts are not flown in one by one, but by batches in one large shipment, certain parts have to wait sometimes weeks, sometimes months.

Many people on the street may not understand this. They expect a repair to be done today with parts available today, be it in a workshop or AD.

As a parts stockists, you don't stock everything, but those that are regularly consumed, otherwise you might find all your money tied-up in inventory that is not making money.

Komoco often got no spare parts. I waited ~2 mth for a heater assy to be replaced...

TOYOTA vehicles in general are bread and butter - there are no complex electronics and any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors.

Your statement is very sweeping. 

I would think this is true: any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors

But this is definitely not true: there are no complex electronics

A lot of Toyota fans always think their cars are hardy, which is definitely true as they are of fewer electronics onboard. But nowadays many jap cars also come with a lot of features, especially with more and more providing all the safety packages which is becoming standard in USA. I am not sure those workshops that only replace oils are able to handle diagnostic of cars with this kind of sophistication. And those bigger workshops that are more established such as MBM Wheelpower are definitely not that cheap any more. So I might as well pay abit more to service at BM for ultimate peace of mind.

For true bread and butter cars devoid of features of yester-years, yes true that any workshops can handle. But the fact is that more and more jap cars are no longer bread and butter, but full of bells and whistles nowadays. 

Very often because we are not at the receiving end of certain issue that we cannot wrap our mind around it, such as this.

A coleague of mind manage to collect his Honda PI ride from the infamous Exodus while it was going down. Was very traumatised by the process but counted himself lucky, and subsequently still being haunted by the lack of workshop to handle any manufacture recalls. He would be another one to gladly pay this registration fee if Kah Motor is to offer this kind of service, no joke. 

For some, when the fire is not burning his/her backside, they will not feel the benefit. Such as motor insurance, always buy the cheapest and when claiming run into problem then come kpkb. 

• Praise 3

Your statement is very sweeping. 

I would think this is true: any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors

But this is definitely not true: there are no complex electronics

A lot of Toyota fans always think their cars are hardy, which is definitely true as they are of fewer electronics onboard. But nowadays many jap cars also come with a lot of features, especially with more and more providing all the safety packages which is becoming standard in USA. I am not sure those workshops that only replace oils are able to handle diagnostic of cars with this kind of sophistication. And those bigger workshops that are more established such as MBM Wheelpower are definitely not that cheap any more. So I might as well pay abit more to service at BM for ultimate peace of mind.

For true bread and butter cars devoid of features of yester-years, yes true that any workshops can handle. But the fact is that more and more jap cars are no longer bread and butter, but full of bells and whistles nowadays. 

Complex electronics as seen in conti cars like BMW. Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Volvo;  whereby the battery cost $300 and is located at the rear and you need to reset the ECU after change of battery etc. 

Anyway, the Toyota adoption fee is nothing compared to the $10K that C&C charges for Mercedes Benz, and $30K that Stuggart charges for Porsche.

↡ Advertisement