BM now accepts PI Toyotas for servicing and repair

Raubern

Complex electronics as seen in conti cars like BMW. Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Volvo; whereby the battery cost $300 and is located at the rear and you need to reset the ECU after change of battery etc.

Anyway, the Toyota adoption fee is nothing compared to the $10K that C&C charges for Mercedes Benz, and $30K that Stuggart charges for Porsche.

Not reset ECU la. It is to reset battery start date.

That’s why those German car with battery in boot can last very long.

Nowadays, more and more JDM Toyota Hybrid only model.

No more complex than German car?

TOYOTA vehicles in general are bread and butter - there are no complex electronics and any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors.

except hybrids...

Complex electronics as seen in conti cars like BMW. Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Volvo;  whereby the battery cost $300 and is located at the rear and you need to reset the ECU after change of battery etc. 

In your opinion, Mazda3 has complex electronics or not ?

TOYOTA vehicles in general are bread and butter - there are no complex electronics and any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors.

IMHO,  any workshop will not be able to handle the conventional AT and especially the CVTs. 

Complex electronics as seen in conti cars like BMW. Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Volvo; whereby the battery cost $300 and is located at the rear and you need to reset the ECU after change of battery etc.

Anyway, the Toyota adoption fee is nothing compared to the $10K that C&C charges for Mercedes Benz, and $30K that Stuggart charges for Porsche.

That is why i stated that would be very tempted to pay it if i am still holding on to my PI ride, especially since i would be getting something of almost equivalent in value in return. Almost free in a sense.

My ASS Varta battery replacement and coding paid 700+. :(

My ASS Varta battery replacement and coding paid 700+. :(

Wah. Lead plates with some gold ah? If change back to same size and type, why need to code again?

AGM battery nowsadays also overrated. All manufacturers cut cost. All batts cannot last.

Edited by Mkl22

Wah. Lead plates with some gold ah? If change back to same size and type, why need to code again?

AGM battery nowsadays also overrated. All manufacturers cut cost. All batts cannot last.

Looks like you are very knowledgeable about car hor.  How come you don't know why need coding?

Why do you think AGM battery is overrated?

AGM is deep cycle battery le.

There are only 2 reason why battery can't last.

Looks like you are very knowledgeable about car hor.  How come you don't know why need coding?

Why do you think AGM battery is overrated?

AGM is deep cycle battery le.

There are only 2 reason why battery can't last.

Bro I think you refer him to Red Bean Soup for coding lessons  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Your statement is very sweeping. 

I would think this is true: any workshop outside can manage the servicing and repair at a fraction of the costs at Borneo Motors

But this is definitely not true: there are no complex electronics

A lot of Toyota fans always think their cars are hardy, which is definitely true as they are of fewer electronics onboard. But nowadays many jap cars also come with a lot of features, especially with more and more providing all the safety packages which is becoming standard in USA. I am not sure those workshops that only replace oils are able to handle diagnostic of cars with this kind of sophistication. And those bigger workshops that are more established such as MBM Wheelpower are definitely not that cheap any more. So I might as well pay abit more to service at BM for ultimate peace of mind.

For true bread and butter cars devoid of features of yester-years, yes true that any workshops can handle. But the fact is that more and more jap cars are no longer bread and butter, but full of bells and whistles nowadays. 

Excellent Analysis.

Also even for those who are not interested in BM's servicing, the offer to take care of manufacturer's recalls is v tempting.

Neutral Newbie

I chance upon this forum, I am looking to purchase my first vehicle.

Should I go for PI or AD? Any guru out there can help?

Thanks in advance.

Besides Toyota, which other brand is comparable?

If I were to approach every car that might be deemed flawed and chance of it involve in safety recall, should I go for AD instead?

Safety first?

Thanks in advance.

If I were to approach every car that might be deemed flawed and chance of it involve in safety recall, should I go for AD instead?

Safety first?

first car?

just go BM and get your car

so that you can sleep at night

Neutral Newbie

first car?

just go BM and get your car

so that you can sleep at night

Since BM will help PI vehicle owners to do recall, would it better to buy PI then register with BM?

Any disadvantage in doing so?

you sure the PI will deliver your car? muahahahaha

PI eat you alive you also don't see it coming hor unless you are sibei season ... are you?

Since BM will help PI vehicle owners to do recall, would it better to buy PI then register with BM?

Any disadvantage in doing so?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

very good news indeed. Buying from PI now for Toyota rides will be a peace of mind frm now on. CONGRATS!

In an unprecedented move, Toyota agent Borneo Motors is opening its workshops to parallel imports, bucking a long-standing practice among authorised agents to shun cars not sold by them.

For a registration fee of $550, which can be used to offset servicing cost, owners of parallel-imported Toyotas can make use of two Borneo aftersales facilities in the west.

Will other ADs do the same?

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Thanks in advance.

Safety first?

For peace of mind, go for AD. Car recalls are very common nowadays, regardless Japanese or Continental. Take it like a regular app update. If you have a car in mind not brought in by any AD here, PI is the other option.

Neutral Newbie

If I buy PI, which workshop would be recommended to go to? Any workshop in Singapore can support safety recall? Or die die must go BM?

↡ Advertisement