• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

BLROTANNN
  • BLROTANNN
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

I am taking over my FIL's Wish (2008) and extending the COE for another 10 years.

This coming Dec, his COE will be expired and I am extending it on Nov. Due to the reason of his car a OPC, his mileage is about 70K Dec 08. His car is in very good condition and that the reason for me to extend the COE. 

What is the thing i will need to look out for?

Currently i have a aircon issue whereby the aircon will not be cold when ever the engine is on idling. any help?

Atrecord and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Hummer
  • Premium member
    Hummer
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Magnetic coil spoil. Aircon shop can replace.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

Si4dr
  • Premium member
    Si4dr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You can check whether the condenser fan is working not.

Anyway need to send ws for troubleshooting like maybe need to top up gas etc..

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Kia7200
  • Kia7200
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good deal to renew coe, specially its a opc n Toyota cars. Easier to buy parts n cheaper, no feature so lesser things to spoil too

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Best time to extend now as PQP is low compared to 5 years ago. Extend 10 years is very worth it. OPC somemore.

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Just ask yr FIL the servicing history and continue from there. Toyota parts are cheap.

Stockist rictat (Owen road) or transglobal (paya lebar)

Aircon not cold, look for ah Huat at woodlands, Markcool
Tianmo praised this

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just go to your regular trusted workshop, ask them to check from top to bottom, left to right. 

Have a list of stuff that you must do, then do the critical and urgent ones first. If you have no workshop, bring to AAS for Pre-Purchase inspection. They will have a long list of items (trust me). Even though mileage is low, our weather is hot and humid. Plastics and rubber parts will surely deteriorate over 10 years. 

And do things in groups. For eg, you say AC have small issue. Ask them to do a thorough check on whole AC system. You do not want a situation whereby you fixed the issue only for another AC problem to surface 2 months later.  You're renewing 10 years, means you have in mind to keep for long period. Consider doing preventive maintenance.

Edited by Othello, 07 October 2018 - 07:13 PM.

Tianmo praised this
"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:20 AM

BLROTANNN
  • BLROTANNN
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks guy. Very informative. Will get to check on my aircon. Even thought is take over but previous more of the time i am the one driving ans bring it to servicing and inspection. Lol. So i think aircon is a bigger issue here.

Any tire shop to recommend?

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:09 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi guys,

I am taking over my FIL's Wish (2008) and extending the COE for another 10 years.

This coming Dec, his COE will be expired and I am extending it on Nov. Due to the reason of his car a OPC, his mileage is about 70K Dec 08. His car is in very good condition and that the reason for me to extend the COE. 

What is the thing i will need to look out for?

Currently i have a aircon issue whereby the aircon will not be cold when ever the engine is on idling. any help?

I went down this path 2.5 yr ago, renewed coe for my 06 wish for 10 yr.

a/c not cold when idling: send to automative a/c workshop to check. Normal workshop not useful. I faced this prob when car was ~7-8 yo. Was diagnosed as control valve faulty. the a/c workshop said many wish got that issue. dunno suay or what, barely 2-3 yr later, same thing happened again.

Also advise you to replace some parts that might cause the car to cannot start:

- alternator

- starter

- fuel pump

and since driving for 10 yr, you might wanna consider replacing:

- drive shaft

- engine mount

- shock absorbers

Othello and Tianmo praised this

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:40 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, u are in the best situation to renew this car.

Previous owner - since it's someone you know, you can check with him what to be replaced. But don't get the car involved whenever you have other argument with him in future. Willing seller, willing buyer.

OPC - The mileage is genuinely low.

PQP - Looking at the trend, it's heading down and down.

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks guy. Very informative. Will get to check on my aircon. Even thought is take over but previous more of the time i am the one driving ans bring it to servicing and inspection. Lol. So i think aircon is a bigger issue here.

Any tire shop to recommend?

Depending on the brand of tyres you are getting, offhand the usual names for me are Arrow Tyre, Eng Wah, South East, Hurry, Khai Wah.

focus

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

SpencerTan_189050

Good deal to renew coe, specially its a opc n Toyota cars. Easier to buy parts n cheaper, no feature so lesser things to spoil too

Totally agreed 

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Ronkovic
  • Ronkovic
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Depending on the brand of tyres you are getting, offhand the usual names for me are Arrow Tyre, Eng Wah, South East, Hurry, Khai Wah.

Adding on to Blue Ray's list - If you're on the west side, you can also go to U Auto, which is located at the SPC at Jalan Buroh (address 33 Jalan Buroh).

If you're looking for a standard stock size tyre, you could also check with some of these shops if they may happen to have fresh stock of relatively new traded-in tyres from cars that have just upsized/upgraded their stock rims. That way you can save a little too.

Blueray praised this

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

I2ici2i
  • Premium member
    I2ici2i
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Im in exactly the same situation as you.  My car is due end Nov and I plan to convert to normal car and extend 10 years.  My mileage is only 78k.  Has anyone done this before i.e. how to go about doing it.  I was thinking of leaving it till the last 2 weeks before converting.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Im in exactly the same situation as you. My car is due end Nov and I plan to convert to normal car and extend 10 years. My mileage is only 78k. Has anyone done this before i.e. how to go about doing it. I was thinking of leaving it till the last 2 weeks before converting.

Your car 10 years only 78k mileage. Don't think u need a car.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by ArineAou  |  Neutral Newbie

First time servicing at this car workshop, normally i will go to jb to service my car coz more cheaper but this mth my schedule wasi quite tight so I decided to Juz service in sg instead, so I came across this website from my fb and saw this promotion deal so I try, and only one word i can describe EXCELLENT !! Come down to try, talk no use MUST TRY THEN U KNOW..Cheers.. » Read More

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by YyuQuek  |  Neutral Newbie

Thank-you always for making my rental experience with Precise Auto a "Unique" Service.

Going above and beyond involves making the experience "Feel special".

Thank-you Marcus and the team behind the backstage!!!

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Inspection Centres, Air Conditioning

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, toyotatoyotawish and 7 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users