Correct way of driving

flashbang

I can do both. On tracks, using both legs very helpful. Normal driving one leg only.

You want to practice with both legs, go for those simulators, you will get used to it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I did tried stepping brake with my left. I almost jerk till throw out. Than I concluded my left foot left sensitive than my right foot. Must be some sort of illness.

It is just muscle memory and training. Just like how few people can write properly with both hands.

The right foot is primarily used to modulate the throttle in small increments, or brake smoothly. We rarely panic brake as a matter of daily driving. I personally feel that some accidents can be avoided if drivers simply brake harder but that's another story.

If you are used to driving stick your left leg is conditioned to press down hard and gently release as you locate the clutch biting point thus muscle memory carries over if you attempt to brake with your left foot the first few times. You really have to concentrate when you are left-foot braking. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I can do both. On tracks, using both legs very helpful. Normal driving one leg only.

You want to practice with both legs, go for those simulators, you will get used to it.

I can do both now too as I have both type of bikes that is right foot brake and left foot brake

just need to chant "left foot brake left foot brake left foot brake..... " for a minute before I switch from the other type and vice versa

Don't tempt @radx :D

Follow traffic rules = right way of driving

Dun be cb on the road = right way of driving

Courteous on the road = right way of driving

I don't care what leg you use to drive.

You can use your middle leg for all I care

Later I going to try braking with left leg.... But i suspect I will feel very uncomfortable driving with my groin kiap close all the time.....

As @Angcheek always say... Package too big....  :D

• Praise 2

Later I going to try braking with left leg.... But i suspect I will feel very uncomfortable driving with my groin kiap close all the time.....

[laugh] [laugh]  That bugger likely using his 3rd leg to drive already.

• Praise 1

if use both leg , need to close up tight ...... very uncomfortable . Long drive will end with cramp .  <_<

• Praise 6

[laugh] [laugh]  That bugger likely using his 3rd leg to drive already.

Alamak , You knew me well . Not easy to control the 3rd leg to press on the brakes with correct force u know  :D  

• Praise 4

The correct method to brake in the event of accident in front is to brake hard initially then gradually release the brake if there is still reaction distance.

This will achieve a shorter braking distance, enable you to keep the brake fully depressed if needed and allow the car behind you to react.

Edited by awhtc

The correct method to brake in the event of accident in front is to brake hard initially then gradually release the brake if there is still reaction distance.

This will achieve a shorter braking distance, enable you to keep the brake fully depressed if needed and allow the car behind you to react.

Just fully depress as hard as possible while switching on hazard light for 5 sec

ABS will improve braking distance and enable steering input.

Alamak , You knew me well . Not easy to control the 3rd leg to press on the brakes with correct force u know :D

Yah lah see beautiful girl

stop suddenly.

:D

• Praise 2

(edited)

Left foot on brake puts your legs in an unnatural position, not comfortable for day to day driving. Not to mention bad habit of resting foot on brake pedal. Seen quite a few cars driving around on highways and brake light is always on.....

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 1

they got to bend over ... [dead] ...... E BRAKE ! :D

Remind me of the time after passing report I was walking just behind a female nurse when she suddenly bent over to pick up something.

Imagine the rest :D

• Praise 2

Left foot on brake puts your legs in an unnatural position, not comfortable for day to day driving. Not to mention bad habit of resting foot on brake pedal. Seen quite a few cars driving around on highways and brake light is always on.....

Brake light always on, might be due to brake switch fault.

Even when they stop and turn off the engine, the brake light will still be on.

Then the battery will go flat the next morning.

↡ Advertisement