Hong Kong MTR 6 Hours Breakdown

alfakidz85

MTR is bringing help from other country to rectify the issue.

While MRT is still bragging about their "uptime".

It's probably just the company who sold them the signaling system etc  [:p] especially since it's a technical fault that caused the issue (as opposed to allowing the tunnel to flood  [laugh]  [:p] )

↡ Advertisement

I mean when u have a line breakdown, u need extra buses for bridging service. Whether u have double decker or what on a standard route (heck even quadruple deckers won't be enough considering how many passengers 1 train alone can ferry), there's no way to meet demand during a MRT/MTR breakdown if they don't have bridging services brought in by MTR/SMRT.

Only in SG, due to the breakdown problems of the last few years, are there such a thing called "bridging services". Obviously it's not a good thing to have breakdowns still.

Yes, cos of our extensive experience in breakdowns [laugh]

he'll probably turn up at some stat board etc soon lah.

If we have good bus services and rely more on the flexible bus system instead, do we still need such bridging services in the first place?

And bridging services means calling up resources that is under maintenance and resting. Why stress up resources because of a mistake in the first place?

If we have good bus services and rely more on the flexible bus system instead, do we still need such bridging services in the first place?

And bridging services means calling up resources that is under maintenance and resting. Why stress up resources because of a mistake in the first place?

Nowadays, got lot more buses liao mah as per your request. Also have bus services parallel to mrt line.

Anyway i don't want to argue anymore about this. The whole point of a rail system downtime is don't f**k up often/catastrophically like SMRT did. As shown in this incident even with the "world's best system".

Edited by Lala81

Actually our bus service is also not that bad.

If you compare SG vs Malaysia bus services.

Ours is wayyyyy more better. Plus its very very cheap to travel if you take buses and trains together.

• Praise 1

Ours is wayyyyy more better. Plus its very very cheap to travel if you take buses and trains together.

i think after govt step in with the bus enhancement program, the bus service has improved.

And it was pretty shocking to drive along lentor and actually see the MRT train at close to full speed  [laugh]  [:p]  shows how low our expectations have become.

Sg vs malaysia isn't even a comparison. we should be comparing to other metropolises. MY has always been notoriously public transport lite.

Edited by Lala81

if want to compare, compare with the best .... Japan, Korea or Taiwan

compare with Malaysia ... then compare with Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand?

XMM said ... we were told day-after-day ... our transportation is WORLD CLASS hor

Edited by Wt_know

if want to compare, compare with the best .... Japan or Taiwan

XMM said ... we were told day-after-day ... our transportation is WORLD CLASS hor

I've taken buses in korea, taipei or HK before, i never feel anything special. JP maybe more special cos of their timing zhun zhun lol.

The only thing is that taipei LRT is very fast (can't rem which line is on LRT but the one that goes to the zoo). But their LRT track is very straight and only some bends, probably the reason.

if want to compare, compare with the best .... Japan, Korea or Taiwan

Our culture here is to compare with countries with worst public transport lo. We always complain we need to wait 10-15 mins for bus to come during peak hours, then they would tell you some other places need to wait at least 30 mins or more for the bus to come, or maybe the bus never appear. So be blissful that our buses already very good liao. 

i think after govt step in with the bus enhancement program, the bus service has improved.

And it was pretty shocking to drive along lentor and actually see the MRT train at close to full speed  [laugh]  [:p]  shows how low our expectations have become.

Sg vs malaysia isn't even a comparison. we should be comparing to other metropolises. MY has always been notoriously public transport lite.

Actually the bus enhancement program that govt step in so far only improve SMRT buses and benefit the new bus operators. Since most of the SMRT buses now are using newer buses and have more double decker buses in their bus services.

Edited by 13177

I've taken buses in korea, taipei or HK before, i never feel anything special. JP maybe more special cos of their timing zhun zhun lol.

The only thing is that taipei LRT is very fast (can't rem which line is on LRT but the one that goes to the zoo). But their LRT track is very straight and only some bends, probably the reason.

japan is crazy

when i see their bus stop schedule

departure time shows 3.01pm ... sibei pressure man ... lol

in any countries probably listed 3.00pm

and who cares whether the bus arrive at 3.05pm 3:10pm

but japan is 3.01pm [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

How come nowadays mrt breakdown so easily worldwide? Not like last time so reliable? Something must be not right be it QC, defects not found, workmanship, knowledge and etc..

Edited by Yewheng

HK MTR is looking for solution .....

Offer them some of our paper generals.

They have a lot to choose from.

usually only the local know how and where to take their bus services, tourists will mainly rely on the train network. If no train then take taxi/Uber/Grab.

Our culture here is to compare with countries with worst public transport lo. We always complain we need to wait 10-15 mins for bus to come during peak hours, then they would tell you some other places need to wait at least 30 mins or more for the bus to come, or maybe the bus never appear. So be blissful that our buses already very good liao. 

Actually the bus enhancement program that govt step in so far only improve SMRT buses and benefit the new bus operators. Since most of the SMRT buses now are using newer buses and have more double decker buses in their bus services.

i dunno who benefit the most.

But i can only say last few years, got quite a number of direct intra-estate bus services added. My MIL/FIL can now take the bus to the market/FC on the other side of the housing estate. Only started last year. 

My sis takes the express private bus service to go CBD from west coast for work. haha she no trust MRT  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

Yes, but in Malaysia, cars are available at cheaper prices. There's no exorbitant tax and no virtual 10-year limit on the roads. So almost everyone can afford a car or at least a motorbike, even in rural areas. They don't need to rely on public transport so much.

Whereas in SG, we have no other choice, except for those who can afford it.

Offer them some of our paper generals.

They have a lot to choose from.

Hahahahah ... that's right. We have recycled thru a few of these CEOs liao. They're even better now. Each now comes with valuable work experience from the school of SMRT [laugh]

The comparison will never end.

I have been taking buses recently and indeed I find them comfortable and on time. Check the bus arrival on MyTransport app first.

japan is crazy

You mean their bus really arrives at 3.01pm ah?

japan is crazy

Because most journeys are planned right down to the minute as regards to connecting services. That's why even a few minutes plus minus will affect their commutes.

Arriving late, the problem is obvious. Arriving/Leaving too early is also faulted in japan, as evidenced by the recent case of an apology issued for a train service that was ahead of time. This causes commuters who had planned to reach the station on time to catch that particular train missing that trip because the train had already departed - too early!

↡ Advertisement