Hong Kong MTR 6 Hours Breakdown

alfakidz85

i dunno who benefit the most.

But i can only say last few years, got quite a number of direct intra-estate bus services added. My MIL/FIL can now take the bus to the market/FC on the other side of the housing estate. Only started last year. 

My sis takes the express private bus service to go CBD from west coast for work. haha she no trust MRT  [laugh]

For those express bus services, it is really quite fast and better than taking MRT if there is no heavy or jam on the road. If kana jam on the road, then taking those buses would become a nightmare since most of these buses travelled on expressway most of the time. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

The comparison will never end.

I have been taking buses recently and indeed I find them comfortable and on time. Check the bus arrival on MyTransport app first.

Bus indeed on time if you look at the bus arrival timing shown on MyTransport app. But actual fact some buses are already late if compare with the planned scheduled. Example like the bus suppose to arrives at 5.00pm but bus arrives at 5.07pm. MyTransport app would not show if the bus is late on planned schedule. Having said that, many times we cannot have the full control on bus arriving timing, since there might have heavy traffic or jam along the road which affect the bus arriving timing.

This is why i really cannot understand how the buses in Japan can be so accurate and punctual on their bus arriving timing? Their buses dont share the road with other vehicles?

For those express bus services, it is really quite fast and better than taking MRT if there is no heavy or jam on the road. If kana jam on the road, then taking those buses would become a nightmare since most of these buses travelled on expressway most of the time. Lol.

I used to take the premium bus service from punggol to shenton way area. rather fast because the drivers were good in cutting here and there.  [smash]  I won't do that if driving my own car. 

Bus indeed on time if you look at the bus arrival timing shown on MyTransport app. But actual fact some buses are already late if compare with the planned scheduled. Example like the bus suppose to arrives at 5.00pm but bus arrives at 5.07pm. MyTransport app would not show if the bus is late on planned schedule. Having said that, many times we cannot have the full control on bus arriving timing, since there might have heavy traffic or jam along the road which affect the bus arriving timing.

This is why i really cannot understand how the buses in Japan can be so accurate and punctual on their bus arriving timing? Their buses dont share the road with other vehicles?

Give and take la. 7 mins is not going to change anything in my life drastically.

I used to take the premium bus service from punggol to shenton way area. rather fast because the drivers were good in cutting here and there.  [smash]  I won't do that if driving my own car. 

Bus seldom would cut here and there le? 

• Praise 1

Give and take la. 7 mins is not going to change anything in my life drastically.

Can give and take if not in a hurry lo. But sometimes 7 mins might resulted late for work or appointment le, cause ripple effect ma. Thats why we can never become like Japanese punctuality culture. To them even 1 min is consider late, no such thing as give and take de.  [:p]

Just surf less MCF and you catch the earlier bus...haha

So it means that if bus is late not the bus fault, but my fault for not catching the earlier bus? Haha.

Express bus mostly can have a seat.

I'll just sleep.

I thought recently, they apologised for leaving half a minute too early ? [laugh] [laugh] To them, being punctual means being on time, neither late nor early so people can plan their time precisely.

Who apologised le?

They don't need bus bridging services because their bus services are much better,.

Their bus network coverage is better than their MTR and almost their fleet are double deckers.

The only reason their bus services is better than us is due to MINI BUS.

Those double decker you mentioned has sibei long waiting time in far flung places

In addition certain mini bus runs 24x7 like causeway bay to Stanley

The only reason their bus services is better than us is due to MINI BUS.

Those double decker you mentioned has sibei long waiting time in far flung places

In addition certain mini bus runs 24x7 like causeway bay to Stanley

Mini bus is more flexible but the fares are slightly more expensive than the standard bus services.

However they are still better than Singapore buses. 

↡ Advertisement