Where to buy Physical Books Online?

Vratenza

Thanks! Was comparing prices at the Amazon.com itself seem like Amazon.com cheaper in pricing especially when shipping is included.

The other website I found is abebooks.com  which sells new and used books. kind of like international carousell for books.

Amazon USA is usually a bit cheaper than book depository.

But now no longer have free shipping for >125USD, so have to compare.

But i only buy children's books, so no experience with your textbks

Lol. If it's just a good gross anatomy atlas, I like Netter's. What I used in med school.

But it won't have the focus on sports injury imaging that the one I linked to presumably has.

very white elephant book. but can't deny it's beautifully illustrated.

Still kept somewhere in some toyogo box in my parent's place lol.

↡ Advertisement

Amazon USA is usually a bit cheaper than book depository.

But now no longer have free shipping for >125USD, so have to compare.

But i only buy children's books, so no experience with your textbks

very white elephant book. but can't deny it's beautifully illustrated.

Still kept somewhere in some toyogo box in my parent's place lol.

Wouldn't say it's a white elephant. I preferred learning directly from the Atlas to reading a crap book like Snell. Just 'photograph' the diagram in my head then the text in Snell becomes largely redundant. The only other aid I found useful were the set of real human bones I inherited directly from my father. Real bones are always better because all the indentations (sulci and grooves) from neurovascular bundles are totally legit lol.

While Snell was crap, Chaurasia wasn't half bad.

Never read RJ Last though I know some swore by that.

I hated anatomy anyway. Chao mugging suject.

Edited by Turboflat4

Wouldn't say it's a white elephant. I preferred learning directly from the Atlas to reading a crap book like Snell. Just 'photograph' the diagram in my head then the text in Snell becomes largely redundant. The only other aid I found useful were the set of real human bones I inherited directly from my father. Real bones are always better because all the indentations (sulci and grooves) from neurovascular bundles are totally legit lol.

While Snell was crap, Chaurasia wasn't half bad.

Never read RJ Last though I know some swore by that.

I hated anatomy anyway. Chao mugging suject.

i just mug snell. Looking at pictures is ok, but still need to know the text to regurgitate.

Chao mugging subject suits me. haha no brainer  [laugh]  [:p]

Ok lah, not like I'm an orthopod/GS/radio anyway. Mug enough can liao  [;)]

LOL....yeah...that's what I thought until I started sports meds...every little ligaments and tendon attachments, origins are important and it translated into the mechanism and severity of the injuries etc.

ankle%20anatomy%202.jpg

:TT_TT:

i just mug snell. Looking at pictures is ok, but still need to know the text to regurgitate.

Chao mugging subject suits me. haha no brainer  [laugh]  [:p]

Ok lah, not like I'm an orthopod/GS/radio anyway. Mug enough can liao  [;)]

That is "Surface Anatomy" books....... not suitable for the young developing minds.... :D

I was in view that you are looking for that kind of 'physical' book which I used to read in my sec school days and it was an offence to carry one ...... :ninja:

:XD:

Ah ok. good for further learning.

LOL....yeah...that's what I thought until I started sports meds...every little ligaments and tendon attachments, origins are important and it translated into the mechanism and severity of the injuries etc.

book depository sent me this.

We have a bit of a treat for our customers in Singapore... a 10% discount voucher on all books with FREE delivery on all orders. Just click through this email to activate the offer, find as many lovely books as you want and simply enter the code SG10 in the coupon box at checkout. This offer ends at 23:59 on 12 November, so start shopping now!

Any one still prefer to own and enjoy flipping the pages of a physical book made of paper?

Other the Amazon.com, can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy physical books (especially professional text books) online without the exorbitant shipping charges?

Thanks!

Have you tried localbooks.sg?

It's an online bookstore that's based in Singapore and they only stock Singaporean titles. That is to say, books published by Singaporeans or in Singapore. And if you are a Singaporean author and your book is published overseas, they will stock the title too.

So if you want to support local literature, you can shop there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1