Caller id (apps)

Ysc3

Twincharged

previously I would answer an unknown number and then block it with the phone's in-built incoming number blocker.

however, it will only still be recorded as a telephone with no details.

until my colleague told me to d/l True Caller App .... I also downloaded the free version and now when unknown numbers come in, sometimes the name can be seen on the app. furthermore, some numbers which has been blocked by others and saved in the creator's database will be blocked automatically also.

but with such convenience, the app will require some access rights which some might feel uncomfortable with again.

anyone using other cold-call blockers that you feel can be recommended ?

↡ Advertisement

my phone hardly ring, so i dun mind if some stranger call me [laugh][laugh]

post your number here

165kg peasant will call you

• Praise 1

my phone hardly ring, so i dun mind if some stranger call me   [laugh]  [laugh]

I just checked.

I have used more than 300 outgoing minutes this month. not including incoming and also those calls made by whatsapp

my phone hardly ring, so i dun mind if some stranger call me   [laugh]  [laugh]

My phone ring once in a blue moon, basically no one i know call me de. 

I am using the app, it tell me which country is calling me. I would priorities the Nigeria one and Saudi. in case the prince is feeling rich and want to give me money.

The apps is on Iphone.

TS is it on apple or android

Edited by Rustyz
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I am using the app, it tell me which country is calling me. I would priorities the Nigeria one and Saudi. in case the prince is feeling rich and want to give me money.

The apps is on Iphone.

TS is it on apple or android

Mine is Android

Does it mean I donât have to pay for caller id?

You still have to pay for telco caller ID.... But the identification database is from the creator's database... So it far extends beyond your phone's contact list.
  • Praise 2

previously I would answer an unknown number and then block it with the phone's in-built incoming number blocker.

however, it will only still be recorded as a telephone with no details.

until my colleague told me to d/l True Caller App .... I also downloaded the free version and now when unknown numbers come in, sometimes the name can be seen on the app. furthermore, some numbers which has been blocked by others and saved in the creator's database will be blocked automatically also.

but with such convenience, the app will require some access rights which some might feel uncomfortable with again.

anyone using other cold-call blockers that you feel can be recommended ?

yes, you are right. Privacy lost, your contacts is actually in their database in order for them to do a reverse lookup. 

I've used Trucaller for a few years liao, while I lament about the "privacy" part, I say the pros outweigh the cons. 

• Praise 1

Does it mean I donât have to pay for caller id?

Still need. Just that there's a good chance the name of the caller will be displayed even if he is not on your contact list. As long he is on true caller database, his number will be displayed. Truecaller will ask for permission to access your contacts once installed. That is how they built their database of numbers and names.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

No wonder I have strangers or ppl whom I just met have my name displayed when I call them. Example like grabhitch, when I called the rider, she already has my name displayed on her phone. Not once, happened several times

↡ Advertisement