Balcony with no sink holes, how to keep it dry?

golden_eagle

Property agents really sibei got alot of patterns these days. So who calling YT Tan to make an appointment to view the unit to check if there is any floor trap at the balcony? [laugh]

Maybe really close a case after viewing. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

I saw this advertisement. It doesn't look like to have one. 

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/21207660/for-sale-austville-residences?ref=ls%7Ctl3%7C5%7C1

There's even a tap there. If there is no drain pipe, then i will be truly shocked...

oh, unless the owner actually laid tiles over the original balcony floor, and covered up the floor trap of the drain pipe in the process.

In which case, it was illegal, and will get the owner into trouble.

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 1

It’s not possible for a balcony to not have a drainage hole but in the unlikely event that there really isn’t any, it would deemed a design flaw and as an owner; you have a right to demand rectification.

However, I’m quite confident that there is a drainage hole for sure.

• Praise 7

i see.

could it be some concealed outlets? or i cant see in the virtual tour in that unit?

my concern is what will happen if owner goes abroad or tenant too busy to handle that.

ok you are bound to be surprised.

maybe it does have.

Likely to be some drain covers that have gaps to allow water to seep through. Or around the edges. Nice but not very practical design. Water cannot simply evaporated right. Haha

i see.

could it be some concealed outlets? or i cant see in the virtual tour in that unit?

my concern is what will happen if owner goes abroad or tenant too busy to handle that.

ok you are bound to be surprised.

maybe it does have.

Likely to be some drain covers that have gaps to allow water to seep through. Or around the edges. Nice but not very practical design. Water cannot simply evaporated right. Haha
  • Praise 1

Itâs not possible for a balcony to not have a drainage hole but in the unlikely event that there really isnât any, it would deemed a design flaw and as an owner; you have a right to demand rectification.

However, Iâm quite confident that there is a drainage hole for sure.

Could be the owner created ‘balcony’, thus no way to have a proper discharge.

Of course if owner created own balcony then nothing to say.

Abit strange to hear this though cos most people I know want to enclose the balcony to get the extra bit of space in these days of smaller units.

Those creating their own balcony perhaps would be those older apartments where space is much more I guess.

• Praise 2

When I read this thread I LoL....Sink hole...  :XD: 

It's probably hidden in some corner. How can a balcony not come with a drainage system? Some are even more tactical that is hidden under a strip of tile that looks like part of the balcony floor. Don't be so suaku lah.

Triangle-Invisible-Floor-Drain-Balcony-B

• Praise 6

It’s not possible for a balcony to not have a drainage hole but in the unlikely event that there really isn’t any, it would deemed a design flaw and as an owner; you have a right to demand rectification.

This thread sld be lock for indirect advertisement, or advertisement under covered by a NO SINK HOLES!!!..  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Seriously, I have not come across any balcony without a floor trap, HDB or private.  So could it be  a standard requirement?

Almost all floor traps are placed at the inner corner of the balcony so that the outlet pipes run against the wall. For private developments, these pipes are conceal. 

But you guys also damn CB lar, simi salah design, the TS asking for sink holes, no sink in the balcony where to find sink holes?  [:p]

And if ready balcony yim shui hor, use the following. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

1176505823.g_400-w_g.jpg

Think or imagine if you are gone overseas or holidays and whole house close down and it’s the month of December or January ..... your fan so smart?? Water built up will go into the living hall or bedrooms even if there is a 2 inch drop .... house finish lah !

Water outlet is a must i say with proper drainage to common outlet of all other balconies

my parents home balcony, the drain pipe became permanently clogged after me and my sister kept pouring soil down it when we were kids  [laugh]  [:p]

I really dislike maintaining balconies.

wah lao... this design...

100 marks for si-bey-swee

max 5 marks for practicality

When I read this thread I LoL....Sink hole...  :XD:

It's probably hidden in some corner. How can a balcony not come with a drainage system? Some are even more tactical that is hidden under a strip of tile that looks like part of the balcony floor. Don't be so suaku lah.

hmm... this sounds like a major project leh. From the pic/videos, look like the whole development all got balcony one leh.

If wanna ownself create, means hack away the ceiling/wall? i think no pass leh...

Yah, i think it should be a requirement for balcony to have drainage lah. Otherwise, it's asking for trouble, as collected water inevitably will try to find ways to escape, which will be downward - and then in time to come, sure will cause leakage to the downstairs neighbour's ceiling.

• Praise 1

it should be a design flaw and should be reported to the authorities or at least question the developer.

In Singapore it rains and now with once in 50 years flooding event, it will not be fun living in that building.

I believe TS is mistaken.

No such cockup developer in Singpore. 

But then again, when TS collected keys for his or her apartment did the keys came with a bucket / pail.

• Praise 3

I have come across those old flat which have separated toilet, one for shower and one for toilet bowl, the one which have toilet bowl dont have floor trap de.

• Praise 1

Special design, no need water to wash one ? Powder wash toilet ?

Dont know le. But there is a hole in between the two toilet, and water would flow to the other side of the floor trap. There is no two separated floor trap in each side. Funny design also. 

↡ Advertisement