Sis wanna use my name to purchase a car, any concerns?

chrisloup

Hi everyone. as a newbie i can't start a new post. just need some help with this.

a) my sister wants to use my name to purchase a car. (ie: my noa8 and nric is being used)

b) says I will not pay a thing 

c) insurance , road tax all she pay.

d) both she and her bf will use the car (so they will be named drivers)

e) i don't drive and have no drivers license.

f) they may occasionally drive as private hire drivers.

is there anything i should be concerned about? eg: will I be ever liable for anything as the "owner" of the vehicle?

are there any concerns they should be notified about? (cover for third party liability etc?)

↡ Advertisement

Hi everyone. as a newbie i can't start a new post. just need some help with this.

a) my sister wants to use my name to purchase a car. (ie: my noa8 and nric is being used)

is there anything i should be concerned about? eg: will I be ever liable for anything as the "owner" of the vehicle?

are there any concerns they should be notified about? (cover for third party liability etc?)

yes..... everything will fall back to you

i.e

loan don't pay, bank come find you

road tax don't pay, LTA come find you

car use for illegal use like drugs transporting, Police come find you

insurance, eg drunk driving and accident, not sure is sue you, sue driver or sue you and driver...

funny right, why must use your name and not her's or her bf name?

is it credit got bad record or both earn not enough or what

• Praise 15

Bank loans and road tax under you lor. If they default then you good game. Also loads your total debt ratio
  • Praise 3

HI, the amount is too big to be trusted, especially your sister and her bf is using the car. If your sister is a working adult, she should use her own name. If she cannot afford, I doubt she will be able to service the monthly loan. Unless she has got bad credit rating that unable to take loan, then this made it more dubious. If the car caught into any accident which is your sister's fault, as car under your name, the other party will go after you. The impact will be high. 

You can only lend you name to your sister if you prepare to shoulder all outstanding loan and fines etc, in the event if she defaulted. If loan not pay and the bank repossessed the car, you will have to pay the difference between the outstanding loan amount and the market value of the car.

Whenever we lend something to our sibling, we should be prepared not to take back.

• Praise 12

You got no driver's license? How to buy car insurance?

• Praise 7

After the advices from Bros here, I think you can tell your sis 'Mai Lah Mai Lah, later Dai Chi Liao Liao' ... [nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
  • Praise 6

If it is really just bad credit rating. You can just be the guarantor for the hire purchase if u trust ur sister but the car will still be under her or her bf.

• Praise 1

hmm........not a good idea for car purchase but It would be better if your sister use your name to buy a property / condo

• Praise 9

I was in this situation, but mine was because I wanna cut cost on the insurance premium of which I told beforehand.

I used my elder Brother name which has a long years of driving license but no car and whom is older which drastically reduced my insurance by close to 50%.

However in your case there is of no point to put your name at all. Ask your sis what’s the actual reason she wants to do this? I have a feeling there’s an underlying factor she isn’t telling.

hmm........not a good idea for car purchase but It would be better if your sister use your name to buy a property / condo

Yes please! This also can sign me up!
  • Praise 4

If ur sis and her bf is sharing the loan installment and they are considering to be PHV to offset the installment, odds is against you. First of all they are not financially able to afford it. If their break off means GG for you too.

They may not have carfully consider all expenses that maybe incurred for car ownership in SG. Parking, erp and petrol cost. If still need to go in jb to save on it more dangerous. If met with accident overthere or wear and tear will they be capable to resolve it.

As a neutral is a no go for me. But u understand the, better, u know their character better too. So all these you should input in too considertion. Actually for them dont buy car, the money save up can go over quite a gd vacation every yr. buy a rolex which yr also can

• Praise 4

But hor...whether put name on car or condo or GCB liao [rolleyes]

iras tax officer very fast looking for you leh [lipsrsealed]  

↡ Advertisement