Incident/accident with PMD

Yesterday when I was driving out of the carpark, there is this young punk who is riding a PMD at a very fast speed which was turning out also. So can you guys imagine he is turning out at the same time as me and he is at my passenger side blind spot? He didn't slow down at all when turning out and in fact, he was trying to overtake me. If I wasn't aware of him, when I complete my turn and wanna keep back to the lane, I might have banged on him. 

I think the LTA must set a list of penalty like a motorist. And I can foresee in the future; there might be surveillance camera to catch PMD if all these incidents escalate. 

Do anyone of you encounter such incident with the PMD as me?

Drive safe guys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Heng my one coe pigkarp

Pmd come I tell him no need pay me :XD:

Need to pay. Need money to print and then paste small sticker "pmd rider killed" to your door. [laugh]
  • Praise 6

Heng my one coe pigkarp

Pmd come I tell him no need pay me :XD:

[inlove] pigkarp.

No need to check blindspot. 

Turn on signal and change lane.

• Praise 3

Yesterday when I was driving out of the carpark, there is this young punk who is riding a PMD at a very fast speed which was turning out also. So can you guys imagine he is turning out at the same time as me and he is at my passenger side blind spot? He didn't slow down at all when turning out and in fact, he was trying to overtake me. If I wasn't aware of him, when I complete my turn and wanna keep back to the lane, I might have banged on him. 

I think the LTA must set a list of penalty like a motorist. And I can foresee in the future; there might be surveillance camera to catch PMD if all these incidents escalate. 

Do anyone of you encounter such incident with the PMD as me?

Drive safe guys.

PMDs are nuisance and endanger both pedestrian and vehicles due to the lack of proper enforcement at this point of point.

If the authority cannot effectively set up a system to govern the use of the PMD to protect other road/pathway user, they should not allow the use of them.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Somebody almost did not get their dinner last night

It's quite sad, to see so many youngsters are working in food delivery.

There are so many government schemes to help them to secure a proper job. 

• Praise 1

I am wondering how much can they earn per delivery?

are those youngster local or from across the causeway?

could be part time? like us working at fast food or factory during holiday

Turbocharged
(edited)

could be part time? like us working at fast food or factory during holiday

Many whom I spoke to are jobless, some for an extended period, so they took on this food delivery job.

It's sad because there are so many jobs in the service industry like Restaurant Manager and Retail Supervisor that these jobless Singaporeans could have taken up, but they are filled by Foreign Talents, who ironically were jobless in their home countries.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 7

Anyone injured by them/Property/cars damaged by them should sue the companies employing them.  Regulators (sitting on their ar$es now) should ensure such laws are in place, to make the employers (Grab, Deliveroo etc) liable.

Somebody almost did not get their dinner last night

• Praise 5

(edited)

Many whom I spoke to are jobless, some for an extended period, so they took on this food delivery job.

It's sad because there are so many jobs in the service industry like Restaurant Manager and Retail Supervisor that these jobless Singaporeans could have taken up, but they are filled by Foreign Talents, who ironically were jobless in their home countries.

What makes you think these locals want to take on those jobs?

One of the restaurants I worked with nong nong ago had to close years ago because he couldn't get enough staff to work. Even with competitive pay, locals didn't even apply cos have to work in hot kitchen, have to do cleaning, etc etc. And quota for foreigners reduced. So just close shop in the end lo.

Pls catch more

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/nearly-130-pmds-seized-in-may-for-flouting-rules

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 3

(edited)

PMDs are nuisance and endanger both pedestrian and vehicles due to the lack of proper enforcement at this point of point.

If the authority cannot effectively set up a system to govern the use of the PMD to protect other road/pathway user, they should not allow the use of them.

I hate it when they keep ringing the bell when we are walking. Ding ding non stop.

Wat's the purpose of ringing? They expect us to give way to them so they could carry on riding w/o slowing down? Shouldnt they slow down when there's pedestrian? Not only them the bicycles too.

My son was being hit at his back by a teenage e-scooter rider under the void deck once and it was painful. He didnt apologise but scolded my son instead.

He now has phobia when walking along the pedestrian walkway and void deck. He keeps looking behind for bicycles and e scooters. Poor thing.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 13

I hate it when they keep ringing the bell when we are walking. Ding ding non stop.

Wat's the purpose of ringing? They expect us to give way to them so they could carry on riding w/o slowing down? Shouldnt they slow down when there's pedestrian? Not only them the bicycles too.

My son was being hit at his back by a teenage e-scooter rider under the void deck once and it was painful. He didnt apologise but scolded my son instead.

He now has phobia when walking along the pedestrian walkway and void deck. He keeps look behind for bicycles and e scooters. Poor thing.

I might have lost control

The article stated a quote- âto be cappedâ...

New COE class lai liao

Hahahaha so trick is still tax :XD:
  • Praise 1