Do You Mod Your car?

wangxiaodi

Anyone mod your cars? With spoiler, body kits, new rims. Etc?

Save your Money....these items will make your Elantra look like Ah Beng''s Car..

• Praise 3

hahah left 2 years COE don't do first la, unless you plan to extend COE then wu hua if not wasted! 

My civic i only zhng after COE renewal, and my Subaru now, though I can think of alot of mods I wanna do I just tong first until I decide whether to renew ahahaha

That being said, for Elantra, a nice set of aftermarket rims can really enhance the looks. Also, can look at In car entertainment mods to enjoy better audio in the car etc

• Praise 9

Chip it! Especially turbo cars.

Won't waste money on cosmetic though.

2011 Elantra....Chip what.? [bigcry]  [:(]

For this Model,just change the Suspension are good enough...original Suspension really cannot make it.

• Praise 1

Thanks all the pointers. It is true that too excessive mod will make the car look ah Beng.. minor add on would be ideal.my rim already 17inch...

Thanks all the pointers. It is true that too excessive mod will make the car look ah Beng.. minor add on would be ideal.my rim already 17inch...

Depending what u want

I lowered my car, upsized to 18" rim, change my stock front speakers. And also bought some stuff from tb

Maybe lips/diffusers to enhance the look. Minimal on the aesthetics unless you wanna sit in front of your car and admire it all day.

Spend abit more on comfort (suspension, ICE, tyres) since you're in it most of the time.

• Praise 1

If you have money to spend, my suggestion for the first things to do is to upgrade your suspension and brakes.

A good suspension (esp. dampers) will keep your car firmly planted on the ground when you move, corner and brake. A bad one, and your car will drive like a boat, swinging left and right, difficult to control.

But if you don't have money to spend, be like me, just drive a lot slower.  [laugh]

Elantra with 17'' Rims already running quite low Profile Tyres,215/45 [thumbsup] ...don't upgrade further. [bigcry]

Since we are on this topic, what is a real mod on a car? Performance definitely is. Aesthetics also is but to what extent? Stickers? Wheels? Bodykit?

For me I wouldn't dare say I modded my ride with bodykit and light weight wheels. To me it sounds just so wrong.

hello, you call adding spoiler, adding body kits and new rims are call mod?

To correct you,  they are just purely comestic beautify.

if you talk about modifications, is exhaust system and engine.

Please know what you are asking.

Edited by StreamRSZ
  • Praise 1

Please don't put a ah beng coffee table on the boots.

Since we are on this topic, what is a real mod on a car? Performance definitely is. Aesthetics also is but to what extent? Stickers? Wheels? Bodykit?

For me I wouldn't dare say I modded my ride with bodykit and light weight wheels. To me it sounds just so wrong.

Stickers is the BEST...

One sticker add 5hp.

• Praise 2

To each his own la.. if wanna mod do the best..

(1) Forged Rims

(2) New Michelin tyres

(3) front n back BBK

(4) PPS..

(5) Solar film.. pls don’t get the cheap type

(6) Shades

(7) sway bars

(8) iridium spark plugs

(9) alcantra leather seats

(10) new steering wheel

(11) ...

• Praise 2

To each his own la.. if wanna mod do the best..

(1) Forged Rims

(2) New Michelin tyres

(3) front n back BBK

(4) PPS..

(5) Solar film.. pls don’t get the cheap type

(6) Shades

(7) sway bars

(8) iridium spark plugs

(9) alcantra leather seats

(10) new steering wheel

(11) ...

This will be an overkill for a 8 Years old Elantra...

I would suggest TS to do just regular servicing on his elantra for these 2 years can liao, no need to spend unnecessary on those bodykits or spoliers.

He can take these 2 years to save up to buy a proper performance sedan & ease his modding itch with better results.

↡ Advertisement