PI Cars - Shipment Arrival to Collection (Share Your Exp!)

subzero17

Hi all, as many of you have experience buying from PI, assuming that the car you booked is not VAC-ready, kindly share your personal experience on your waiting time between the car's arrival in Singapore to clearing the port, LTA inspection and finally your collection date.

I've been digging around the forums and most of the information comes from a few years ago, which is quite outdated already. Also, take the chance to share some of your own recent experience with PIs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I made my order before second bid in june, up until now, my car is not received.

was told Vitas in earlier time, then all accessories is up but pending custom and etc.

Can i back out? this is 6 bid guaranteed, the coe is secured but the car is still pending.

I made my order before second bid in june, up until now, my car is not received.

was told Vitas in earlier time, then all accessories is up but pending custom and etc.

Can i back out? this is 6 bid guaranteed, the coe is secured but the car is still pending.

If you back out then your deposit will be gone?

they can't do anything to the coe since its secured under ur own nric anyway. 

even if the PI run road, you still earn cause you only paid a DP of 10k to secure your coe which is definitely more than 10k and COE has to be paid up in full first if i'm not wrong. 

they can't do anything to the coe since its secured under ur own nric anyway. 

even if the PI run road, you still earn cause you only paid a DP of 10k to secure your coe which is definitely more than 10k and COE has to be paid up in full first if i'm not wrong. 

The COE need to pay 10K to bid. I am not afraid they run road because they are big and reputable. Question is i have no idea how long i should wait and the Temporary COE will expired 6 month after the bid.

Any news on the Custom and LTA is pack now? VITAS is cleared but why pending for custom? is it because of the PARF rebate need to through Custom again after VITAS provide the emission test result?

Thank you.

COE is secured means they actually kept their word. When was delivery of car promised on paper?
  • Praise 1

COE is secured means they actually kept their word. When was delivery of car promised on paper?

this one. Sign. First timer. not include anything about delivery date.

Since they have secured COE under your name, that means they are quite genuine and sincere in selling you a car. I guess the rest are admin challenges with LTA and registration etc. But still, be careful before you hand over the rest of your money. Yours is a 6 bills guaranteed, since they have secured COE for you, you have a weak case to back out. Edited by Ct3833

Lesson learnt, next time must put car delivery date on paper. But anyway, since your COE is secured, no need to worry about it.

If like they say, your car is pending port clearance, then u can ask for the chassis number of the car you’re receiving.

You can also go onemotoring to check and make sure that the COE is bidded under your name.

Lesson learnt, next time must put car delivery date on paper. But anyway, since your COE is secured, no need to worry about it.

If like they say, your car is pending port clearance, then u can ask for the chassis number of the car you’re receiving.

You can also go onemotoring to check and make sure that the COE is bidded under your name.

Thanks for all the comment.

Agent is quite helpful. send me all the chasis number, even the car is installed leather seat, player and etc.

there's coe register under onemotoring. But what i don't understand is why the VITAS and VICOM is cleared, still need to pending documentation from Custom. aren't all the document will provide when you tow the car from port?

• Praise 1

Since they have secured COE under your name, that means they are quite genuine and sincere in selling you a car. I guess the rest are admin challenges with LTA and registration etc. But still, be careful before you hand over the rest of your money. Yours is a 6 bills guaranteed, since they have secured COE for you, you have a weak case to back out.

Just to share my own experience, I also booked the car right after 2nd bid in June, until now I’m also waiting for port clearance. I was promised delivery in Sep, so it’s not uncommon.

My advice - ask for chassis number, and before you make your balance payment, ask to see the actual car and match the chassis number to make sure they actually have your car.

• Praise 1

If you purchased a PI car and have traded in your existing car, the longer the Wait, the more it benefits you as your existing car keeps depreciating in value and your new car is registered later.

So just sit back, relax and enjoy the wait.

• Praise 2

I placed order in Oct when the car still in Japan. I secured COE at 2nd bid in Nov (4 bids gty). I only got my car in late March. My car was the 1st unit of the FL model. Hence, they said LTA inspection took longer. So it took about 5 months from order to delivery of car for me.

• Praise 2

I placed order in Oct when the car still in Japan. I secured COE at 2nd bid in Nov (4 bids gty). I only got my car in late March. My car was the 1st unit of the FL model. Hence, they said LTA inspection took longer. So it took about 5 months from order to delivery of car for me.

Wow 5 months. That’s crazy. The PI also never expect 5 months right? Haha.

Wah you bid for COE without knowing when you would get your car cleared ? Respect but glad you got what you want.

First time buyer here too - still waiting for delivery. Coe secured mid June.

Can any bro share the process here? Like after coe then what is the expected sequence until delivery.

↡ Advertisement