Search
Slanted wheels

• Search this thread
32 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:37 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, need advice and confirmation from bros n sis. I noticed that the back wheels are slanted outwards at an angle if viewed form the back. Tried peeping under the car n noticed that the back suspensions setup are also mounted slightly slanted at an angle. is this normal? At first I tot that my JRD rims were the culprits, tried rotation(interchanged back to front) but still the same. Went ard to observe other Nissans, they are having the same look too though not that obvious. the back left wheel look more slanted than the back right one. anyway already did my high speed rotation and alignment, but steering still feel awkwardly light and slight vibration at a low speed of 110km/h, car still drifts to the left. steering also feels a bit jerky during turns and drifts. it is causing unwanted anxiety. wat seems to be the problem here? do i need to redo my alignment and balancing or swap tyres left to right? FYI i'm driving a nissan ss with 195/55 15" wheels wrapped wif kumho 712, recently i had hotbits strut bars installed. could this be a factor? any advice or comments?

Edited by Slowjack, 15 July 2003 - 01:40 AM.

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:43 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

try to empty your rear boot and check again.....

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:45 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

spare tyre inclusive? boot not that clustered lah. anyway will take up ur advice. thumbsup.gif

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:47 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

could be the uneven weight distribution that is causing the slightly more negative camber at one side.......if not go to the alignment guys and ask them to check for you....

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:48 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

you got strut bars for front and rear?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:49 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

roger dat nod.gif . should i go back to the same shop which did my alignment or should i go to another shop to get a 2nd opinion? unsure.gif

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:49 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

I think you should redo your alignment and also at the same time do whell balancing and check all tyre pressure....

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:50 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

which shop did you go to?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:51 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

juz the front.

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:51 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

In that case, it should not affect the rear..and is your suspension stock?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:53 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

amk autocentre, 2nd flr. forgot the shop name, not mistaken city auto centre or something

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:53 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

yup, stock

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:58 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

GO to this shop...

Company Name: Riverview Auto Services

Address: 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A, #04-16, Autopoint Building, S(568047)

Tel: 6481 2025, 6481 5797

Email: Hotmail.com" target="_blank">-

URL: http://www.riverviewauto.com.sg

Contact Person: Kenny

Remarks: Good place for wheel alignment at reasonable prices. Can mention that you are from MCF.

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:00 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

actually went to riverview first but kenny wasn't around. one his mech suggested to go back to the shop where i got the rims n tyres and ask them to remove the tyres from the rims n swap right to left. any ideas that this will work?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:01 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

maybe...why don't you give it a try first?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:01 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

okie will try doing dat.

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:05 AM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

but after removing the tyres form the rims i still need to do on and off wheel balancing rite. dat mite solve the vibration at speed, alignment leh? still need to do rite?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:42 AM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed

yep...

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:56 PM

Slowjack
  • Slowjack
    3rd Gear

this am i went back to the shop which sold me the wheels and told him of my problem. he took a few moments to look and then remove my wheels. off wheel balancing and swop the wheels, front left with back left,front right with back right. next we took a spin on mandai road-bke-kje and back to woodlands road. along the way managed to redline up to 3rd gear with final gallop was clocked at 165km/h. slowed down on the way back to woodlands road as traffic was heavy. my take: steering doesn't wobble anymore, ride doesn't layang, bends taken with confidence and gusto. Ah pek beside me was egging me to go for 180km/h, din want to push it too far. surprisingly tyres were whisper silent. now that leaves me with just the slanted wheels looks, problem to tackle. ask him about it and he told me that it normal for n16, ask me to check other n16s or call tcm. will do that tomorrow. thanks for ur advice.

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:39 AM

Zen
  • Zen
    3rd Gear

according to a knowlegeable mechanics friend, it's normal for the left to have a more negative camber than the right .. no reason was given though. physically check with a few cars including mercz, etc, and it proves to be so too...

[scholar] [URL "http://www.zenyee.com/home/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=3"]Zenkinz [/URL]
- 1994 Peugeot 306 1.6XR
- 2000 Volkswagen Bora 1.6SR
- 2005 Saab 93SS 2.0t

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top
TyreQueen.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users