Helicopter sound during idle for G9. (

Kylelam77

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i own a G9 auto. recently i noticed that there is this sound that sounds a little like that of rotors blades of the helicopter spinning. It disappears when i move off and appears occasionally when i stop. It's not very loud but kinda irritating. Used to think it was the air filter box vibrations giving out those sound but now i know its not. Any ideas what it is?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It is the fan that turns on and off to cool your engine.. If you hear it, it means your thermostate is working.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

erm, doesnt sound like the fan leh..... sounds like the plastic air box vibrating but cannot pin point exactly the place.

Neutral Newbie

If the sound it too loud, the fans' bearings could be faulty.

I had a vibrating radiator fan in my previous G7 corolla prior to scraping it 6 weeks ago.

Neutral Newbie

No worries, I personally know Kyle and I have seen his condition of car recently..

cheers

Edited by Cool

If you're still not convinced, can always send back to Borneo Mtrs for a full check, since its still under warranty

Neutral Newbie

yah tats the last resort. But i'm apprehensive to bring the car back to them cos they arent exactly professional plus i've had some really bad experiences with them. Where possible, i'd rather solve the problem myself or with the help of friends or forumers.....

wah, now getting more and more cool liao. ur avatar i mean.... becoming michael jackson issit? Lolz....

That is Mr Boombastic. cool.gifthumbsup.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

wah, now getting more and more cool liao. ur avatar i mean.... becoming michael jackson issit? Lolz....

You know why he(Cool) has to wear a hat in the avatar?laugh.gif

↡ Advertisement