Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

You should cool down. it seems you can't take a discussion unless it gels with your opinion.

Bro, you called me disrespectful. For saying something that at least half a dozen bros have said in the past few pages of posts?

I see plenty of differing opinions in a forum, I respect that not everyone agrees, so be it.

So what does it mean to Not gel with my opinion? 

That we should throw caution to the wind, and sign with the lowest price?

Sure, it's a choice, in the same way that we can post differing opinions. 

You can post your opinion, it's cool. No worries  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

That's why you go for the big ones.

Reputation is something you can only lose once..

Some of the biggest PIs have been here for a long time.

The trouble comes when the buyer tries to go for the lowest price. There's no free lunch..

Captain Obvious...

Not everyone is willing to pay a premium for so called establish PIs.. A PI is still a PI ..shit do happens..

Long time here doesn't mean safe hor..

For me , I will look for a fair deal , Not the cheapest as most of the time sure tio cheng one

• Praise 3

Captain Obvious...

Not everyone is willing to pay a premium for so called establish PIs.. A PI is still a PI ..shit do happens..

For me , I will look for a fair deal , Not the cheapest as most of the time sure tio cheng one

Edited by therock

Captain Obvious...

Supercharged

Pardon me getting senile because of age, but I seems not able to recall any AD run road with deposits paid by car buyers.

Can anyone prove me wrong?

Have ... the kia disti run road with deposits in the 1990s. That time kia brand is condemned case before they revived under Hyundai management.

Have ... the kia disti run road with deposits in the 1990s. That time kia brand is condemned case before they revived under Hyundai management.

Any details? I google but can't get details. Not that I doubt your claim, in case you misunderstand I am not saying going AD sure safe, just much much more safe only compares to PIs.

The AD for kia closed shop towards 1999 as my former colleague lost his deposit of $21k+. 30% down payment that time. Hitachi Finance took over every asset including the cars. My colleague has to pay one lump sum of $70k for the car again at that time.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was holding back to write to this thread, but in the interest of sharing my stupidity so that others will be better, I will write my experience with a certain PI located in Bukit Merah.

The sales person was very professional, and quite pleasant in the beginning.  But the whole buying experience turned out to be very sour, and I regretted some of my stupidity, and here's what went wrong :

1) I did not check that a COMMIT date of delivery of the vehicle on the contract, as I gave them almost 4-5months lead time, silly of me to think this is "safe".  The car kept delaying, and each time I called and visited, I was pushed from one person to another as the original sales person left the company.  Empty promises, and asked me to call LTA with some rubbish tel numbers provided.  Reasons ranging from LTA's import inspection, etc.   The REAL reason was actually, they DID NOT order my car in time, even when I gave a massive lead time for them.  The impression I got was they were full of condescending sales ppl, especially the boss. Diversion tactics they are number ONE, I came to conclude.

2) The scrap value given to my old car's body was ZERO.   I was stupid enough to sign on the document, where the scrap value of the car was left blank.   I realized this, and asked for a change, but was refused.  I asked to scrap the car myself, and again, was refused.  I was so angry with this, and I decided to strip off whatever I can before sending in the vehicle.  In the end, the old car decided to do itself justice by breaking down and smoking from the engine bay 3 days before sending in, and it was hardly drivable.  

3)  The options for the car again was left blank.  I was again silly enough not to have them written down.  The seats turning out to be MANUALLY adjusted, and not electric, and no keyless entry as well.  This was again my silly self. 

4)  When collecting the car (after a almost 2 months delay, and bus taking),  the solar film and the 3M carpet was NOT done up.  I called WEEKS ahead, and left messages to remind them that they should MAKE SURE all these are done.  Again, was told YES YES YES, but turned out to be lies.   Had to send in the car weeks later to another shop to get the film done.  And the 3M carpet turned out to be some rubbish carpet.  I gave up in the end, knowing that at the least, the solar film commitment is fulfilled.

5) The "warranty" booklet is some rubbish photocopy on thin green paper.  A lot of things are NOT under warranty, and when questioned, was told to ask the workshop directly.  Another diversion tactic.  Very questionable warranty "policy".  FYI, they were sued by previous buyers for post purchase issues, and they were on the top of the list for customer complains on the CASE website for a lot of compounded issues.  I only found out AFTER.  So again, I was silly.

The lesson learn here is, PLEASE ENSURE everything is is black and white.  And NEVER believe ANYTHING they shoot out of their mouth.  Clearly list down commit date, and if no commit, what is the resolution plan.  List down all car options, and warranty covered.  BEFORE signing that is.   Check all avenues on PI's credentials, and CASE website for prior complains if any. 

Yes, they are cheaper, but I will AVOID them at ALL COST.  Very distasteful experience, but partially for my own fault to be so trusting.

Thanks for reading.

i think u didnt learn the last lesson.

even if in black n white and they run road, what can u do? [sly]

yeah ... assuming 10 people buy car ... $10k deposit = $100k

want to go RWS or MBS to flip $100K > $200K > $400k

that's what people always "think" they can do ... LOL

unlike a proper dealer ... like Kah, BM, PML, Premium, etc

money is deposited to the company

not managed by ah beng and ah seng running the fly by night PI shop like Volks Auto

Deposited to company also can gone case one. 

Main thing is to do your homework before paying and find a trustworthy company be it PI or AD.

Those who booked with EG should at least have gotten a COE Bidded under their own name, so hopefully the loss is not the entire deposite. Or they were told to be getting a open cat by paying full sum ?

How about hua yang?

Hua Yang has been in the industry for quite some years. Think they were one of the pioneer PIs during the day.

Still around and I see their office still at Turf City and Tan Chong.

No dealings with Hua Yang myself.