Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

Basically its all a matter of trust..

we dun trust them with money.. they scared we dun pay them after car is registered cos legally we own e car after car is register.. [scholar]

so.. give n take lah..

btw, i need to pay outstandin payment with tan cheong b4 they will register for me too..

so.. IMHO, they r operatin e normal procedures [:p]

There is a difference between Tan Cheong and PI. The former is established and reputed....so one may have no worries to pay before registration.

↡ Advertisement

Cartimes is quite a reputable company in the car trade industry as far as I know their used cars are quite reasonable. As for their new cars it should be so as well. Cos I have a few friends in the car trade and they all said that Car times is a reliable company.

I am from Clubaxio and was introduced to Frankel. Astonishing I hv secured the $8118 COE which is 1.5 months back. Till today, I have not got any confirmation of my car status.

John from Frankel had told he will delivered the car by end of Oct 2007, 2 weeks ago and the delay is due to LTA Inspection at the port. But till today, he claim the car is in the port and the inspection is still not completed. I wonder why is the LTA inspection process took so long.

When I query for the updates of my car, he gave another different story about the car delivery to be scheduled 1st or 2nd week of October.

In addition of the above scenario, John has never feedback on loan status, the COE bidding status and many other documentation work are usually delayed.

Whatever reason this PI gives, I have reserved my belief in his words and I am seeking ways how to take my quickest action on him.

Anyone have any experience or suggestion, pls help me.

ask him to commit a date for delivery, and if the delivery is not met by due date, you can then take action. failure to deliver/non-delivery breaches the sales contract.

But isn't now too late to add into the sales contract? I hv already secured the COE, Bank loan and the car is in the port (According to him).

My friend told me to go to CASE. Will this help?

just bring whatever invoice or sales contract to him and ask him to state down the delivery date and counter sign.

these PI only knows hoe to take their own sweet time and drag their feet after collecting the deposits or making the sale.

look up 'sales of goods act", section 1, article 33

"ARTICLE 33

The seller must deliver the goods:

(a) if a date is fixed by or determinable from the contract, on that date;

(b) if a period of time is fixed by or determinable from the contract, at any time within that period unless circumstances indicate that the buyer is to choose a date; or

© in any other case, within a reasonable time after the conclusion of the contract."

Edited by Rncw

My full story to what has happened.

I bought my car in July with 3 bid g'teed and manage to secure the 8k COE. I checked my IC via the LTA website and it is confirmed. The PI didn't call to notify me but due to my overjoyed feeling, I called him - John and he replied he didn't knw and will need to go back office and checked.

The next day he didn't call and I hv to call him back in the evening after work and he said. COE should be secured. Without any firm answer. I informed him I hv checked the LTA website and it is confirmed. (Rather piss off when he didn't follow up and uncertain to his customer securing COE). Another thing to overjoy abt is the COE Rebate nearly $4k which is stated in the agreement. I asked him, he also replied = "Is it? I need to check" Really dun understand.

Thereafter, on the same day, same call, I asked when will the car be delivered, he replied 2 weeks, i.e. begin of Sept.

At mid Sept, I called him and ask abt the status the car, he said the car is at port. Preparing for inspection. Told to wait another 2 weeks... 1 week later I called him again. He assured me by end Sept. On Monday, I called him and he said maybe need another 2 weeks, i.e. Mid Oct.

Today is 25 Sept, I called him and he dun want to pick my phone call. When finally using another number to call him, he pick up and he said he will will check with his boss and let me know yesterday. The whole day I waited for his call, never call back. Gave him one more day grace and call him today, he said not yet speak to the boss. Will give me answer tomorrow.

Imagine today is 28 sept liao. I like to see how is he going to register my carplate and deliver my car with those freebies... stuff before end sept.

He kept delaying 2 weeks after 2 weeks... it is almost 6 weeks and I see no sight of my car. Most importantly, throughout the whole process, he just knw how to collect sales but never follow up with the customer.

I have totally lost faith in his empty promises. Very sick to have his reply. I just want to take my car and move on with my life.

right now you have nothing against them as there is no black and white written delivery date. if they fail to deliver, then you have the rights to call off the sale, even though your COE bid was successful. At most you pay for the 8K COE.

thats why when purchasing big ticket items, always put everything down in black and white in the sales contract. important details like delivery date must be indicated.

Yeah... I guess as much...

But in this forum, I just wanna share my experience so that bro and sis here who are looking for cars to be wary of such un-ethical practise and this salesman. [hur]

don't bother with phonecalls already. go there and meet him face to face. bang table and get him to commit to a fixed date in black and white.

I am from Clubaxio and was introduced to Frankel. Astonishing I hv secured the $8118 COE which is 1.5 months back. Till today, I have not got any confirmation of my car status.

John from Frankel had told he will delivered the car by end of Oct 2007, 2 weeks ago and the delay is due to LTA Inspection at the port. But till today, he claim the car is in the port and the inspection is still not completed. I wonder why is the LTA inspection process took so long.

When I query for the updates of my car, he gave another different story about the car delivery to be scheduled 1st or 2nd week of October.

In addition of the above scenario, John has never feedback on loan status, the COE bidding status and many other documentation work are usually delayed.

Whatever reason this PI gives, I have reserved my belief in his words and I am seeking ways how to take my quickest action on him.

Anyone have any experience or suggestion, pls help me.

Brudder you tio pwned already [dead]

LTA DOES NOT INSPECT CARS AT THE F UCKING PORT! There's no inspection at the port. All inspections are done at VICOM and STA.

Customs at port only look at your car and hands you the paperwork (ie Inward Cargo Clearance Permit) stating OMV, duties and GST paid.

Clear port ---> 1 day enuff assuming OMV declaration is ok [lipsrsealed]

All proper docs ready on hand ---> Go to LTA and apply for VITAS inspection (if kena batch approved already better still... no need inspection)

Assuming need inspection ---> Arrange to transport vehicle to VICOM or STA

Inspection ---> Only 1 hour max... usually 30 minutes

Pass inspection??? ---> collect notice of inspection (pass) immediately

Inspection centre ---> sends notice to LTA

Next working day ---> LTA informs dealer that vehicle can be registered

Registration ---> Done at counter (only 1 day needed)

Look at all the bullshiit he gave you [dead]

Cartimes can dlvr, but their price is [knife] .

When you buy from reputable and established companies, you dun have to worry about your warranty. There is this 7 in 1 company that keeps changing company name once the name is [rifle] . A fren of mine was caught in this situation -

Company A was located at XXX. Fren bought from him. Lots of problem...late dlvry, low OMV and wait long long for installation of freebies, etc.

Next moment when my fren got problem and call up the company, they say the company no longer in business. Fren went down to their company. Everybody is the same. SE same, Mgr same, tel no. same and shop location same but company name different. And bcos of this, fren's warranty void. Bring case to CASE oso end up LL situation [thumbsdown]

Becareful of low low price and lots of freebies cos it may be a lure [nod]

↡ Advertisement