Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

Its a new company, their pricing not bad, warranty by mbm but not sure how reliable the pi. If got ready stock ready coe should be no prob

I think they same company with sgcarchoice iirc

Yes, it's the same as SG Car Choice. The branch in AMK sells mainly Jap cars.

Their branch in Commonwealth they brand it as Cars and Coffee - focus on luxury Conti cars. Their FB even show they sold the first Porsche Panamera Executive S in SG. Their website is pretty well done. https://www.carsandcoffee.com.sg/

BTW, what is "mbm"?

Edited by redstuff

Yes, it's the same as SG Car Choice. The branch in AMK sells mainly Jap cars.

Their branch in Commonwealth they brand it as Cars and Coffee - focus on luxury Conti cars. Their FB even show they sold the first Porsche Panamera Executive S in SG. Their website is pretty well done. https://www.carsandcoffee.com.sg/

BTW, what is "mbm"?

Yes cars and coffee specialized in conti and they got nice showroom though not big.

I find worth trying la, they got cheap e200d

A friend just booked from them yet to deliver. Booking fee is very low, thus not afraid they run road... [laugh]

Yes booking fee very low, no free servicing though probably due to low profit margin

Those buying cars from PI, many of the unreputable PI uses unknown third party WS for their warranty. I will say to avoid those PI, and the regular servicing may cost more. When you need to claim warranty from them, they simply tell you that it is not covered, then you are screwed. 

Rather go to those reliable PIs and their in house workshop, or highly respected WS. They clearly state everything covered under warranty,  At least have a peace of mind knowing that the warranty is not some BS.

• Praise 1

Those buying cars from PI, many of the unreputable PI uses unknown third party WS for their warranty. I will say to avoid those PI, and the regular servicing may cost more. When you need to claim warranty from them, they simply tell you that it is not covered, then you are screwed. 

Rather go to those reliable PIs and their in house workshop, or highly respected WS. They clearly state everything covered under warranty,  At least have a peace of mind knowing that the warranty is not some BS.

No risk No gains ........................... Each preference

• Praise 1

I brought my shuttle from sg car choice. So far the buying experience is good. Whatever has been promised is given. Car delivered 1 week after i secrued coe. Just collected my car early sep. Very happy with their service n the staffs are very helpful n patient. This is my 1st car purchase fm pi.

• Praise 1

Those buying cars from PI, many of the unreputable PI uses unknown third party WS for their warranty. I will say to avoid those PI, and the regular servicing may cost more. When you need to claim warranty from them, they simply tell you that it is not covered, then you are screwed.

Rather go to those reliable PIs and their in house workshop, or highly respected WS. They clearly state everything covered under warranty, At least have a peace of mind knowing that the warranty is not some BS.

U can try to ask the pi to assign ur preferred ws.

For my experience havent claim my warranty yet but hitachi capital gave me a warranty booklet highlighting every single thing that is covered and not under warranty list. So quite straightforward their warrant

BUT theres a maximum of $10k worth of warranty can be claim. Afterwards u need to fork out from ur own pocket

But for japanese car, $10k warranty limit shud be enough i reckon for 3 years cover

• Praise 2

Hi Bro

Good morning to all.

Looking for new estima, appreciate your recommendation for the PI?

Anyone has any experience with Swee Seng Motors Pte Ltd or THE WHEELERS AUTO?

How about the workshop HITACHI CAPITAL/Quick Lane?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Praise 2

Car importer gets jail, ordered to pay fine and tax shortfall totalling $3.7m for LTA and Customs offences

SINGAPORE - A parallel car importer was on Thursday (Sept 21) jailed for eight weeks and ordered to pay a shortfall in tax of $1.7 million for giving incorrect information on the open market value of vehicles imported.

Malaysian Tang Luan Yew, 42, who runs Teng Autosports Trading, was also fined a total of $1.97 million for evading excise duty and Goods and Services Tax (GST).

Tang, a Singapore permanent resident, faced a total of 316 charges under the Customs Act and 244 offences under the Road Traffic Act.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/car-importer-gets-8-weeks-jail-ordered-to-pay-fine-and-tax-shortfall

• Praise 1

sup sup water ...

considered it as part of business cost ... [sly]

don't know how many millions (unknown and undetected) that he already pocket

just like anyone scam few millions and go changi squat few years ...

no need to go work 9-to-5 and take home $1M per annum

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement