Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

ask him to commit a date for delivery, and if the delivery is not met by due date, you can then take action. failure to deliver/non-delivery breaches the sales contract.

Sometimes we also have to understand the circumstances of the delay before making the call whether to take action or not. After all the transaction will be more pleasant if both buyer and seller understand each other's stand and make compromises if necessary.

I am also waiting for my car ordered from a PI, and the order was placed in June! I am also damn pissed off why the car is taking so bloody long to reach Singapore, but my PI took the time to explain the reason of delay. I can't say I am happy with the delay, but at least I am aware of the reason for delay. In any case, it really boils down to whether you trust the PI or not. When you sign on the dotted line for the purchase, you have already placed your trust in the PI to bring in the car for you.

Perhaps this is the price we have to pay for bringing in exotic/cheaper PI cars. [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Met him once at a carshow recently.

we were looking at a new car, ask him how much he take in our current ride and after checking he told me the price he offer.

I have checked and the offer is more than what any 2nd hand dealer are selling let alone taking in. even ask him on the spot, u sure or not, people only take in around $x, he say sure sure.

Next day, call and say if same offer will buy from him, he say call to confirm. which he did and say he make a mistake and offer the trade in price similar to other dealer.

As a consumer, with this one experience, not confident to do business with them.

Edited by Osiris

ask him to commit a date for delivery, and if the delivery is not met by due date, you can then take action. failure to deliver/non-delivery breaches the sales contract.

Ha ! That's when they will show their true color... today I pressed the PI I dealt with to give me my ultimate time for delivery they evade the exact (understandable even AD also sometimes missed by 1-2 weeks) day but even asked to put in writing on the agreement like X week of X month also dare not and talk a lot of sweet word and also use "Mei Ni" to tried [inlove] talk to divert attention. At the end I just said I take your word since it is about 1 month if there is no delay. The models are in the S/room (many) so just pray hard they could meet it !

PS - is one of Tuxx Cixx co

then all the more you should press them for a black and white delivery date. should they fail to deliver, then you'll be in the commanding position to steer the outcome to your advantage.

Neutral Newbie

Hi , I bought a Pi stream from this new place autorich at commwealth leng kee. visit their website autorich.com.sg,

Price good, service and delivery is good too. and i have recommended my friends over.

call them to enquire, no harm. Heee.

[nod]

Neutral Newbie

bro,

I also having buy from there.. till now haven collect.. same excuse as yours... btw have u collected yr vehicle?

But isn't now too late to add into the sales contract? I hv already secured the COE, Bank loan and the car is in the port (According to him).

My friend told me to go to CASE. Will this help?

I empathise those who got stuck when everything is ready IE : COE, finance etc except when can the car be registered.

Just to share what I just come to :

After struggling almost 2 months (for COE) and some waiting, I got my new ride today.

Just like to share the experience :

1) Those with limited COE (X bid non-guarantee) type of deal will make you boil that the

PI played in such to hassle you to add more to top up. So don't believe in rock

bottom cheap price unless it is price after finance rebate.

2) Expect to wait at least 12 weeks as some don't have ready stock but order only when

buyer book the car. So those SE who said car ready in port but could not hand over

after 2 weeks are bluffing.

My car arrived in 1st week Oct. Registered 12 Oct and hand over to me 20 Oct. Why

take few more days ? Becos this PI I believe don't use those temp plate to do things

like leather seat install, audio fix, S/R etc. So they(some) register at your name

and run around to those freebies until ready to handover.

3) Some PI lack system in their buz IE : some detail not in writing, your trade-in merely

appeared in paper of the new car handover paper to prove is handed to them.

The good things they really help me :

1) I don't need to cancel the old car's insurance myself (those ADs need so).

2) 1st yr insurance FOC. AD always asked check for insur B4 reg the new car.

Still I felt the AD did more professionally ( from the last few rides)

Consider Carz Junction. I bought my car there. Boss very nice man and can negotiate one. Also very straightforward type of person. No gimmicks. they willing to write everything down in black and white and only $1 downpayment. Most importantly, they deliver as promised. I got my car within a well after signing the papers. Guaranteed COE. the SE also very nice and she delivered what i had wanted. i want her to wait for the new SJA series and she had done it. even got me a 3 digit number. Also all other paper work and documents, including cancellation of old car insurance and application for new car insurance all done by them. total hassle free. I am very fussy and made lots of requests but they tried their best to accomodate me even though some requests are quite unreasonable. hahaha

At the end of the day, they still treat me very nicely (some PIs don't) even I had made many unreasonable fuss out of the deal. [laugh] Very professional and very satisfied. guaranteed reliable and good after sales service too.

Price is average market rate but their trade in price I dare to say its the best in town. I dun believe what my colleague had told me until I encountered myself and I bought my car from them almost immediately.

can call Sales exec Yi Yi at 96649172. She is a very nice girl. Good luck.

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

Any link where we can find the Top 10 PIs to avoid?

or rather, Top 10 PIs to buy from?

Neutral Newbie

Let me share my experience. The booking was done by my dad.

Initially interested in this model at Frankel. Then, everything is written black and white. Freebies only sports rim, reverse camera and DVD player. The ultimate answer was, the car have to wait for 2 bloody months. My dad traded in his old car for a high price which Frankel quoted. But then, they take in the old car at early Dec. So, waited and waited.. Now is 2008 liao. First Sat of Jan, saw newspaper said got problem for Frankel. I assume everyone know what happened to their company. Now, change name to Frankel Leasing. So, chase after the SE on what is the latest happenings. 1 week later, SE go on long leave. Funny guy, he on leave few days later, he called my dad that another SE taking over our stuff. Before the SE called us, we already chasing for delivery date as 2 months deadline is coming. From then, we know that change SE liao.

2 days back, the new SE said they are re-submitting the loan to the bank cos' change of dealer's name. Now waiting in vain for the car to be delivered. On the day she called us for the re-submitting of loan, SE said the car is in Pasir Panjang Wharf liao. Btw, COE was secured at the last bidding of 2007.

• Praise 1

dude,

do check if the COE is really secured.

if there really is a COE that is secured under your name (either cat A or B).. i believe that eventually, you will get your car as they are forking out 10k as deposit to the LTA side to bid for your COE. if they let the COE expiry after 3 months, they are wasting their money..

good luck in getting your ride soon.. [sunny]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1