Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

The name sound familiar to me.

Are they related to mazda ?

A few ago, they told me they are mazda appointed 2nd hand dealer.

Most of the Mazda management car is being sold by them.

I could be wrong with the name though.

Not sure on that. I was jus browsing thru sgcarmart...n a few renewed coe wish, stream n estima r by them. N the pics of the showroom look impressive.
↡ Advertisement

Wah sei....Wish 1st repair only after nearly 10 yrs? Bet many of us oso wish to be Wished

Toyota about there near to 10 years. I beg that bros also frequent North often. Otherwise don't even need to repair drive shafts.

Hi there, pls assist if possible. Recently I have purchase a Honda Shuttle from this PI company.

We paid deposit 1 wk b4 Coe for 1st week of Nov. we even requested for 2 bid guarantee Coe . When it was the Coe day and we was inform that they did not bid. Reason given was the car is otw to Singapore via sea freight so they will bid for the next Coe - 22 Nov. in between we keep calling the PI for our car n in the end the car arrives into SGP n was given the charis number.

On 22 Nov Coe again they did not bid. We were so frustrated and they again say the car is in LTA Q-ing for inspection.

My question here is 2 bid Coe how come the PI can don't bid? They say that this is their internal problem. Right from the beginning the boss of this PI company is not interested to face us and ask his sales person to entertain us.

We have deposit $15k with them n we wants to get back from them but they persuade us. So we can only wait till LTA finish the inspection and then they will bid Coe for us.

Guys, pls recommend in this type of scenario how to resolve?

Hi there, pls assist if possible. Recently I have purchase a Honda Shuttle from this PI company.

We paid deposit 1 wk b4 Coe for 1st week of Nov. we even requested for 2 bid guarantee Coe . When it was the Coe day and we was inform that they did not bid. Reason given was the car is otw to Singapore via sea freight so they will bid for the next Coe - 22 Nov. in between we keep calling the PI for our car n in the end the car arrives into SGP n was given the charis number.

On 22 Nov Coe again they did not bid. We were so frustrated and they again say the car is in LTA Q-ing for inspection.

My question here is 2 bid Coe how come the PI can don't bid? They say that this is their internal problem. Right from the beginning the boss of this PI company is not interested to face us and ask his sales person to entertain us.

We have deposit $15k with them n we wants to get back from them but they persuade us. So we can only wait till LTA finish the inspection and then they will bid Coe for us.

• Praise 1

U see,  2 bid doesn't mean 2 consecutive bids. And also no restriction on when they must bid.  They can easily spread out over 2 months or even more. That is how they play the game. 

• Praise 1

Dun wait liao n chase for the deposit back ASAP..

N u still can write here until song song...

If I’m u , I will pitch tent there if possible..

Dun lose ur hard earned money n be so gullible to their excuses..

Since u ask for advice here, I think it’s a basic etiquette to state the PI here for Bros here to avoid this PI n also pay it forward..

Anyway, U BETTER RUN ROAD 1st before they do...

• Praise 11

They say only, that the car has arrived in SG.

They say only, that it is queuing for LTA inspection.

They say only ...

But do you really believe their story?

Likely that it is also the same story repeated to other buyers.

Please DEMAND for your money back and Run Road!

Otherwise, they may run on you instead

• Praise 1

2 bids does not mean they will bid for you during every single bidding exercise.

Can you go ask them for proof of their port clearing document and confirm the date is real ? Maybe it was real that the car has just arrived in SGP ?

Also can ask them to show you the actual car to match the chasis number ?

If they have applied for inspection date, LTA should provide them a date for inspection, ask for that document too.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

btw, in normal cases what is written in the sales agreement?

2 bids within 3 months? 6 months?

what if PI play punk holding to your deposit no bid and wait for durian to drop?

2 bids does not mean they will bid for you during every single bidding exercise.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Another one bites the dust..

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/manhattan-motor-in-turf-city-shuts-down-car-buyers-may-lose-tens-of-thousands-of

Manhattan Motor shuts down, car buyers may lose tens of thousands of dollars
Manhattan Motor closed shop after leaving more than 20 buyers without cars which they have paid for.ST PHOTO: ONG WEE JIN

Senior Transport Correspondent

SINGAPORE -  The names have changed, but the story is the same. Another motor firm has closed shop after leaving more than 20 buyers without the cars they have paid for.

Manhattan Motor, a sole proprietorship owned by used car dealer Lee Kum Kuen, had sold the cars in the last year or so, collected the money, but did not transfer the ownership to the buyers.

The finance or leasing companies which the cars are still registered with then proceeded to repossess the cars.

Dentist Daniel Chan, 34, was among those affected. He bought a used Volkswagen Tiguan in November and collected the car on Nov 6. On Nov 15, he tried to renew road tax for the car, but could not do so.

He contacted the Land Transport Authority, and was told that the vehicle had not been transferred to him. The car has since been repossessed, and Manhattan has closed shop.

Asked why he did not buy from authorised agent Volkswagen Centre Singapore, which has a used car division, he said: “I didn’t want to spend too much on a car. The (Manhattan) price was right. I did an internet search on the company and there were no bad reviews.

“I’ve bought two used cars before, and never had a problem.”

He bought the six-year-old car for $70,000 and paid $50,000 in cash.

Ms Sytinam Misiri said her father bought a Honda Airwave from Manhattan in June 2016. She drove the car most of the time as her father is elderly.

They say only, that the car has arrived in SG.

They say only, that it is queuing for LTA inspection.

They say only ...

But do you really believe their story?

Likely that it is also the same story repeated to other buyers.

Please DEMAND for your money back and Run Road!

Otherwise, they may run on you instead ðð¼

ððð

Some even shiw you their chart on PC monitor that car already on it way...

I even teased one of them cunning..more efficient than DHL.

The fundamental Advie is not to part full cash or signed on finance document untillike you get the chassis number.

btw, in normal cases what is written in the sales agreement?

2 bids within 3 months? 6 months?

what if PI play punk holding to your deposit no bid and wait for durian to drop?

Be aware. Mine was no number of bid or within how many months. My contract simply stated delivery date. Upon no delivery refund of deposit

Sales are down too:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/parallel-imported-car-sales-down-14

SINGAPORE - The sale of parallel-imported cars slowed in the first nine months of the year as demand from private-hire operators dried up.

Heightened competition from authorised agents and negative publicity also sank in.

According to Land Transport Authority figures, 13,312 parallel-imported cars were registered from January to September, 13.8 per cent fewer than the 15,448 registered in the same period last year.

The market share of these cars - which are sourced from overseas dealers instead of directly from car manufacturers - fell to 19.9 per cent, down from 23.6 per cent last year.

The highest market share posted by parallel imports in recent years was 23.8 per cent in 2008.

Honda remained the most popular parallel import, with 6,992 cars - mostly Vezels - sold in the first nine months of the year. Toyota followed with 4,866 units, mostly the Harrier.

Sales are down too:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/parallel-imported-car-sales-down-14

SINGAPORE - The sale of parallel-imported cars slowed in the first nine months of the year as demand from private-hire operators dried up.

Heightened competition from authorised agents and negative publicity also sank in.

According to Land Transport Authority figures, 13,312 parallel-imported cars were registered from January to September, 13.8 per cent fewer than the 15,448 registered in the same period last year.

The market share of these cars - which are sourced from overseas dealers instead of directly from car manufacturers - fell to 19.9 per cent, down from 23.6 per cent last year.

The highest market share posted by parallel imports in recent years was 23.8 per cent in 2008.

Honda remained the most popular parallel import, with 6,992 cars - mostly Vezels - sold in the first nine months of the year. Toyota followed with 4,866 units, mostly the Harrier.

There are still thousands of people looking for a good deal that doesn't exist... drop in numbers still represent a very large number vis-a-vis the total number of cars sold in a month or year...

Avoid GV credits.read some bad reviews about then so pls beware.PI that are good is Guan Motors look for Sean or Josephine,me and a few friends bought shuttle and vezel from them.very steady and fulfilled their promises dutifully.

Avoid GV credits.read some bad reviews about then so pls beware.PI that are good is Guan Motors look for Sean or Josephine,me and a few friends bought shuttle and vezel from them.very steady and fulfilled their promises dutifully.

Hi Guan Motors SE!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2