Good Bargains At Yap BROS??

Astralee

hi ALL. any idea yap bros offers good price?? any discount for mcf bros?? haha.

actually went to yap bros to take a look at their kumho 712 tyres, selling at $128 per piece for 205/40 r17. is tat a good bargain??

↡ Advertisement

Their price not too bad... finally upgraded my wheels - got a set of 17" rims (made in TW but under license from 5Zigen) today from them - weighs in at 7.5kg a piece - not too bad compared to my old ones... looks just like my fren's 5zigens too - cost less than $250 a piece [nod][thumbsup]

hi ALL. any idea yap bros offers good price?? any discount for mcf bros?? haha.

actually went to yap bros to take a look at their kumho 712 tyres, selling at $128 per piece for 205/40 r17. is tat a good bargain??

I think better not go Yap Bros.. their knife is very sharp one.. they will CHOP u alot..

believe me...

Hi Koenigsegg,

Wah..your first virgin post. Welcome to MCF ! Do enjoy your stay here. nod.gif

Could you elaborate more on your experience with Yap Bros ? Was it their prices or their service which was not satisfactory ?

Cheers nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

agree with u, i went to Leong Seng and Yap Bros to check on the OZ rims & tyres price, Leong Seng accept trade-in but Yap dont .. so LS is cheaper by almost $100.00. even i buy tyres only, LS also accept trade-in for my Jazz rim at $80.... [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

yup, LS accepts my toyota stock rims for $100 when i bought my OZ rims from them. not a bad deal consider that my rims were in bad condition.

hi. sorri i forgot who is the one who is the ardent supporter of khumo tyres... was it u, saaber or who huh??

Edited by Astralee

Here's my experience with Yap Bros a few months back:

The people there are nice and helpful.

Even the guy who was changing and balancing my tyres/rims was giving me info on the condition of my wheels.

The "boss" even helped me to tighten some loose parts when i found that parts of my exhaust was loosening up.

And the price is actually ok if you bargain.

They opened at $95 per piece for Kumho712 - 205/45R16.

I mentioned "car forum" and the price dropped to $90 per piece. smile.gif

Then I found that ST115 were $128 per piece (same size), so I got those instead.

Paid another $30 for computerised alignment.

Overall, I was quite satisfied with their service,... as good as going to Stamford thumbsup.gif

And much better prices (ST115 @ Stamford, $180 per pieceunsure.gif)

wonder if its the one tat i saw?? u using khumo tyres oso?? how much u paid for the tyres?

nah... kept my previous set of rubbers - last time when I upgraded the stock 195/65R15 to the current 215/45R17s paid a fortune on the tyres but stinged on the rims - regret, heavy rims certainly suck up power also. Finally found something reasonably nice, simple, 5 spoke, and within budget [nod]

zzit. mention car forum and got discount ah... i should have mention oso.. will go check out the price again... wonders if modeldriver mentioned MCF or not??

↡ Advertisement