Good JB Map and Shopping Areas

Mondeost220

Go in and get a SIM card then use google or waze or watever app to search wherever you want to go.

SIM Card can be bought with your passport at an attractive price. [laugh] 

Then you can be your own tour guide liao.

How much is the SIM plan there ?

I am currently using M1 prepaid for use in MAL lor, $10 1GB per month.

Go in and get a SIM card then use google or waze or watever app to search wherever you want to go.

SIM Card can be bought with your passport at an attractive price. [laugh] 

Then you can be your own tour guide liao.

While Waze is very good.  Google Maps is better as there is an offline map feature which allow U to download the whole or part of MAL lor.

You can get routing guide without the need for 3/4G Data lor .....

Many part of NSH actually do not have 3G service lor....??

Wah you revive this very old thread ah ? Anyway i think the best map is still Waze. It's both popular in sg and my with real time updates on incidents and traffic conditions. For shopping Woodlands is still better. Nice place to shop is KSL and Aeon Tebrau as the mall is now much bigger and car parks are plentiful.

• Praise 1

How much is the SIM plan there ?

I am currently using M1 prepaid for use in MAL lor, $10 1GB per month.

Cant really remember. Maybe RM$20 for first time buying. Unlimited for couple of days.

Then every month I go in top up RM$5 for 24hrs unlimited.

RM$10 for a few days unlimited??

Next Friday I go in I ask properly then tell you again.

Go in from Woodlands then after M'sia custom you approach Shell petrol station.

Next to Shell petrol station got the car wash right at the end. 

Right side got a row of shops rite. Got 1 shop sell the card and top up and its open 24hrs!

Zhun bo?

I travelled from Woodlands checkpoint to Bukit Kayu Hitam. All the way using Waze and connected to 3G and 4G. 3G sure have. But 4G not all parts have.

Waze is good for looking ahead for accidents, breakdowns, road works and police presence.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

While Waze is very good.  Google Maps is better as there is an offline map feature which allow U to download the whole or part of MAL lor.

Have la. I drove on NSHW and used spotify all the way. Got music all the way.

Could always park your car in Woodlands and take a bus/ train into JB instead! Took less than 30min to get in for the past 3 times that I’ve been. Esp with the car robbery cases, better to be safe than sorry! They’ve got free WIFI at multiple spots as well so you could abuse it to plan for your next shopping/ eating spots :”) 

I just got back from KL a couple of weeks ago, WAZE on the way. I used Starhub's Travel Data, $15 for 2G and valid for 1 month and it automatically switch networks, so I get at least 3G on NSHW.  

WAZE is a must have for Malaysia highway runs, I "see" Police before they even smell me. Wahahaha...

• Praise 2

Can try this. Order from SG and can top up via internet

https://litesim.tron.com.my/newsim/create

We have been using this Tron prepaid (carried over from Genting Mobile). Now there is a Tron app for reload/topup, as well as subscribe/unsubscribe the data plan. 

In the past, we had to remember to unsubscribe the data plan before crossing home. Otherwise, the data plan charges will continue to use up the account balance.

Thanks !!

Post here for good lobang.....

Just when in yesterday, if you go to Molek, go law by law at this junction, because suddenly they added a one way sign.

1.520632,103.7837388 google maps

10 TP sitting at 1 hidden corner complete with table and chair and kopi waiting for driver lor

The usual, 5m to main road but don't why one way lor ...

Cant really remember. Maybe RM$20 for first time buying. Unlimited for couple of days.

Then every month I go in top up RM$5 for 24hrs unlimited.

RM$10 for a few days unlimited??

Next Friday I go in I ask properly then tell you again.

Go in from Woodlands then after M'sia custom you approach Shell petrol station.

Next to Shell petrol station got the car wash right at the end. 

Right side got a row of shops rite. Got 1 shop sell the card and top up and its open 24hrs!

My cheap cheap Xiaomi Note 2 and cheap M1-Celcom lor ......

But hor my phone got this feature leh,  if it show 3G means got 3G voice and not data,  I need to see H+ then can use data lor.

Maybe TM should be better ba ......

As I drive to Malacca, got some hills, and hills only,  only 3G, waze realtime info also went missing for a while lor....

Zhun bo?

I travelled from Woodlands checkpoint to Bukit Kayu Hitam. All the way using Waze and connected to 3G and 4G. 3G sure have. But 4G not all parts have.

Waze is good for looking ahead for accidents, breakdowns, road works and police presence.

• Praise 1