Good JB Map and Shopping Areas

Mondeost220

For these prepaid cards that have expiry dates.. Do they work like the touch and go card?

Meaning, u top up it extends to the next yea, and if u don't, it'll be expired forever?

↡ Advertisement

Will the 2gb data used up to kl? Did waze eat alot data?

Then about polis notification, they will beep to notify u?

Update for you,

Yes Wave does not eat alot of data.

polis notification - yes but do not know how accurate as I travel at 120-130km/h under normal route,

Save data plan - Switch on wave only upon entering KL .

• Praise 2

I use a combination of HereWeGo for the offline navigation, and GoogleMyMaps to plot all the places I want to go on the trip beforehand. Good thing about using Google is that you can share that map with the collection of places with friends as well. I will then choose the place I want to visit for the day and activate HereWeGo to guide me there. Used this for my Perth road trip recently too. Works well.

• Praise 2

I have confirmed with the shop last Friday.

Hotlink cost RM$20 for the 1st time, come with 2GB for 1 week usage,

Subsequent top up of 2GB  at RM$5 for 1 day usage or 2GB at RM$10 for 1 week usage.

Most reseller shop in JB will sell u e simpack plus subscription or topup ..... but actually e simpack cost RM10 oni

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html

• Praise 1

For these prepaid cards that have expiry dates.. Do they work like the touch and go card?

Meaning, u top up it extends to the next yea, and if u don't, it'll be expired forever?

i think there is a grace period of 90 days, when the value 'expire' you can't call out but can still receive call. 

After 90 days the number will be cancelled.

The latest gem I found was Starhub's happy pre-paid card.

Covers quite a lot of countries, including Japan. i bought the $32 travel card, and got 2GB free for 10 days. So after my trip, I still have the full $32 value left inside the SIM.

Planning to use the SIM for my future travels.

For short trips, there's a 3 day 1GB for $5 and 7 day 1GB for $7.

There's some 30 day data packages as well.

Its the best value for money and convenient local pre-paid SIM I found so far.

• Praise 1

i think there is a grace period of 90 days, when the value 'expire' you can't call out but can still receive call. 

After 90 days the number will be cancelled.

which service provider are u with?

i'm with U mobile, dunno if this 90 days thingy applies to them as well?

which service provider are u with?

i'm with U mobile, dunno if this 90 days thingy applies to them as well?

mine is digi, not sure about U mobile you have to check their T&C. But I think they should not vary much.

I oni opt for data plan when i go up north.

i've tried Hotlink b4 switching to onexox. (cheaper according to my usage style)

Not really sure how much i bought Hotlink card for alr, since it was quite awhile ago (around rm10?) and i buy data every time i head north topup rm5 to buy data every trip and also to refresh e validity of e card. i always buy 'rm3 for 1G per day'.

But now i use onexox card, bought in sg thru their reseller. S$20 per card and i opt for e 10G data plan and 28mth validity. The 10G data is 'stored value' and i withdraw 500Mbyte/mth (e lowest amount of data to withdraw). Enough for my data needs...abit of surfing / watsapp / waze etc, can last me 2-3 'day trips' in jb per mth.

Care to share the reseller selling onexox prepaid?

For grace period.....

Hotlink is 50 days after active state.

Digi Live is 90 days after active state

Digi Best is 75 days after active state.

Onexox active state is 28 months.

'Active state' :- where u can sent and receive calls/sms/internet.

After your active state ends, u can oni receive calls/sms. No internet.

after u buy ur sim there are some 'free' active period, thereafter the number of active days/state = amount of RM u topup.

For hotlink n digi, during your active state, if u finish ur quota of data, they still provide free basic(low spd and hav data cap) internet access.

For onexox, no free basic internet. Once u finish ur quota, tats it...need to top up.

e rest i not sure, u'll hav to go read e T&C. It will b stated there.

my 2¢...

Update for you,

Yes Wave does not eat alot of data.

polis notification - yes but do not know how accurate as I travel at 120-130km/h under normal route,

Save data plan - Switch on wave only upon entering KL .

tried waze for past two days, just want to confirm it doesnt work in KPE tunnel. currently still on Garmin.