Hyundai Sante Fe

Owen_fan

9.8km/l? driving at 90km/l on expressway non stop for 100km during offpeak hours?? The latest 2L sonata can hardly reach 10.5L/km at 50% city + 50% expressway. I doubt the Santa Fe can even reach 9km/l in the same situation. 7.5l/km to 8.5km/l is more likely for the 2L version... For the 2.7L version? can touch 8km/L consider amazing alrd...

Edited by Tigershark1976
↡ Advertisement

9.8km/l? driving at 90km/l on expressway non stop for 100km during offpeak hours?? The latest 2L sonata can hardly reach 10.5L/km at 50% city + 50% expressway. I doubt the Santa Fe can even reach 8km/l in the same situation. 7.5l/km to 8.5km/l is more likely for the 2L version... For the 2.7L version? can touch 8km/L consider amazing alrd...

We are given 3 section of routes covering both Street and Expressway...traveling speed range from 50km/h to 90km/h on Expressway. The Avante hit 17km/L winning most of the prize.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

6km/L??? Not true....I managed to get 9.8km/L..... [thumbsup]

not flaming here, but lets get 'real'

there is no way u can get 9.8 km/l on every tank unless 100 percent expressway cruising at 70km/hr, so pls do not

mislead potential buyer

being an owners of 2.7 litre for 1.5 year, the best i can squeeze out is 7.25km/l (80percen highway/20city), or

5.5km/litr (70percent city, 30percent highway).

this car is smooth and quiet on highspeed, but only gripe is 2.7litres is insufficient to pull the 1.9 tonnes of kerbweight.

do not buy a big car with no power, in long run u be frustrated.

the 7 seat is rather unless, once utilised there is no boot space left.

when taking bend, very obvious roll can be spotted, therefore be very careful not to push this fat cat to limites as there is no 'stability control or traction control (4 wheel drive cut off at 40 km/hr)'

to add further disappoinment, there is no

- climatic aircon control

- no electrical adjustment on seats

- no criuse control

- side mirror has to manually fold/open (for such a big car this is a big jokes especially in tight parking lot)

- minimum airbags

- no vehical stability control

- and many many more features u cannot find in this car

- kia cerato forte is a better choice if we talking about korean spec.

some of these feature can save your life...but is very sad we cannot get it on a budget car trying to look class.

in conclusion, if u looking for decent performance/safety aspect of a suv, or mindful of fuel consumption - stay away from this fat cat.

but if u just need a big human carriers to ferry a family of 7 and your everyday driving habit is similar as if u are on shell fuel saving competition - this is a good choice.

Edited by Santa

We are given 3 section of routes covering both Street and Expressway...traveling speed range from 50km/h to 90km/h on Expressway. The Avante hit 17km/L winning most of the prize.... [thumbsup]

no wonder u can hit 9.8km/l....

not flaming here, but lets get 'real'

there is no way u can get 9.8 km/l on every tank unless 100 percent expressway cruising at 70km/hr, so pls do not

mislead potential buyer

being an owners of 2.7 litre for 1.5 year, the best i can squeeze out is 7.25km/l (80percen highway/20city), or

5.5km/litr (70percent city, 30percent highway).

this car is smooth and quiet on highspeed, but only gripe is 2.7litres is insufficient to pull the 1.9 tonnes of kerbweight.

do not buy a big car with no power, in long run u be frustrated.

the 7 seat is rather unless, once utilised there is no boot space left.

when taking bend, very obvious roll can be spotted, therefore be very careful not to push this fat cat to limites as there is no 'stability control or traction control (4 wheel drive cut off at 40 km/hr)'

to add further disappoinment, there is no

- climatic aircon control

- no electrical adjustment on seats

- no criuse control

- side mirror has to manually fold/open (for such a big car this is a big jokes especially in tight parking lot)

- minimum airbags

- no vehical stability control

- and many many more features u cannot find in this car

- kia cerato forte is a better choice if we talking about korean spec.

some of these feature can save your life...but is very sad we cannot get it on a budget car trying to look class.

in conclusion, if u looking for decent performance/safety aspect of a suv, or mindful of fuel consumption - stay away from this fat cat.

but if u just need a big human carriers to ferry a family of 7 and your everyday driving habit is similar as if u are on shell fuel saving competition - this is a good choice.

huh?? bro, 2.7L still not sufficient for a 1.9 tonner??? like that the 2L version really no hope liao...

that is super super super unrealistic driving la.

its kelong lar.........the way they plan the FC competition is not typical of everyday driving. if the competition is typical of everyday driving, that santa fe going to get last place.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I have bought a used santafe.

Currently it has single din pioneer.

I would like to change to double din player.

I do understand the later model is fitted with 2Din dauff.

Does have anyone has moded from single din to double din?

Where can i get the centre facia replacement.

I call up komoco and they have no idea and ask me to call their contract installer.

The installer give me an answer that, no such facia. Just modified yourself and all audio installer should know how to modify.

Thanks

post-21459-1263651382_thumb.jpg

post-21459-1263651396.jpg

Hi,

My 2006 model Sante Fe middle seat unable to fold down, look like some mechanical problem, had anyone DIY repair before or know how to strip the seat to take a look?

Neutral Newbie

Buying a preown one bro. Just view a jun 2010 sorento earlier. Mileage 100k. Going for 90k. Yet to bargain. Anything i shld look out for in the car? Wats the norm issues or major problems with sorento. Pls share bro. Thanx

↡ Advertisement