Hyundai Sante Fe

Owen_fan

If you are really interested, you should also take a look at the new Sorento SX, the build quality is even better.

I dont like the Sorento look leh....

Its not bad but not to my liking

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I dont like the Sorento look leh....

Its not bad but not to my liking

Agreed, i also prefer santa fe exterior design than sorento. Lol.

No new owners of the Santa Fe? Seems like the asking price is quite steep but it has a bigger screen than the Sorento and GPS, blind spot detection, AWD as standard.

My cousin drives the new Santa Fe

AWD & v stable

Very luxurious

Full European specs and features

Lovely for long cruises up north

Great sound proofing

Last row seats gets a little crampy, but for small built folks, very OK

Auto parallel parking system - cool

Aircon need to tune to 22 degC for cool air - like conti car. All Koreans are like that ?

Else, I think great value for money. And Hyundai reliability has increased by leaps and bounds.

If not, Komoco will not dare price it at 160+K.

AWD & v stable

Very luxurious

Great sound proofing

Aircon need to tune to 22 degC for cool air - like conti car. All Koreans are like that ?

Else, I think great value for money. And Hyundai reliability has increased by leaps and bounds.

Was also looking at Santa Fe Till I tried sorento. Feel that sorento is more luxurious (personal view la)

The last roll seems more specious too.

Hoping that they bring in the 2.0L turbo version which should be more fuel economical. Don't know why they don't do so.... Haiz

Was also looking at Santa Fe Till I tried sorento. Feel that sorento is more luxurious (personal view la)

The last roll seems more specious too.

Hoping that they bring in the 2.0L turbo version which should be more fuel economical. Don't know why they don't do so.... Haiz

ya lo, hyundai only brought in Veloster turbo.. dunno why they don't bring in latest tech? 2.0T will be a good seller..

AWD & v stable

Very luxurious

Great sound proofing

The Santa Fe is grossly overpriced for a Hyundai. I rather get the Honda Odyssey if looking purely for 7 seats wihtin the same price bracket.

Komoco's pricing policy has gone haywire in the past 1-2 years

Edited by Nav14

Seems that interest in the Santa Fe is pretty low? I'll be in the market for a new 7 seater SUV in the first half of this year, and I'm currently deciding between this and the Sorento. With the diesel variant now available from Komoco, I'm slightly inclined towards the Santa Fe. Just a quick question for now, is the head unit in the Santa Fe capable of supporting Apple Carplay with a software update? I understand that it's currently rolling out in Australian right now and it'll be a major plus for me if that's the case. 

Seems that interest in the Santa Fe is pretty low? I'll be in the market for a new 7 seater SUV in the first half of this year, and I'm currently deciding between this and the Sorento. With the diesel variant now available from Komoco, I'm slightly inclined towards the Santa Fe. Just a quick question for now, is the head unit in the Santa Fe capable of supporting Apple Carplay with a software update? I understand that it's currently rolling out in Australian right now and it'll be a major plus for me if that's the case. 

Saw unit at the motorshow.

The headunit looks like a 3rd party one (no brand). Definitely not from factory as the fonts look different from the other buttons.

As it was off, i do not know if it supports Apple CarPlay.

Just curious to know if the Komoco diesel variant is 4WD?

Anybody test drove it yet?

Looking for anyone with feedback on ownership or test drive of the SantaFe Diesal?

Test drove it a couple of weeks back. Despite the size, car is quite easy to manoveure. The steering is quite light.

Power is sufficient as it has 440nm torque/200bhp.

The 3rd row can be a bit cramp, my head was touching the ceiling (i am 175cm), so it is best reserved for small sized adults or kids only.

Enticing buy but driving it feels like driving a Sonata taxi - because the idle and engine sounds exactly like Sonata diesel cab. haha

Chatted with SE about the SF competitor - Sorento. He said the Sorento engine not as good as the SF and Kia will never get the good stuff. The best only reserved for Hyundai. Didn't say much though i found out Sorento diesel engine is exactly the same with same power and torque output numbers.

Personally i prefer the Sorento shape as the headroom for 3rd row looks bigger due to the box design as compared to the sloping design of the SF.

But the following puts me off from the Sorento

1) Need trade in car to get the 2 or 3k trade in discount

2) CnC only trade in via inhouse dealer which gives a really lousy trade in value

3) Sorento lesser features than SF - e.g. no big display, 4WD as std, etc

4) plastics on common areas like window ledge feels cheap and hard.

5) Wife dont like.

6) More expensive

Test drove it a couple of weeks back. Despite the size, car is quite easy to manoveure. The steering is quite light.

Power is sufficient as it has 440nm torque/200bhp.

The 3rd row can be a bit cramp, my head was touching the ceiling (i am 175cm), so it is best reserved for small sized adults or kids only.

Enticing buy but driving it feels like driving a Sonata taxi - because the idle and engine sounds exactly like Sonata diesel cab. haha

Chatted with SE about the SF competitor - Sorento. He said the Sorento engine not as good as the SF and Kia will never get the good stuff. The best only reserved for Hyundai. Didn't say much though i found out Sorento diesel engine is exactly the same with same power and torque output numbers.

Personally i prefer the Sorento shape as the headroom for 3rd row looks bigger due to the box design as compared to the sloping design of the SF.

But the following puts me off from the Sorento

1) Need trade in car to get the 2 or 3k trade in discount

2) CnC only trade in via inhouse dealer which gives a really lousy trade in value

3) Sorento lesser features than SF - e.g. no big display, 4WD as std, etc

4) plastics on common areas like window ledge feels cheap and hard.

5) Wife dont like.

6) More expensive

One thing I learnt from the showroom visits, is that you can test the knowledge and character of the SE simply by starting a discussion on the competing rival model. :ninja:

Quite abit of the reviews (written/video) for both SF and Sorento said that the diesel clatter is well insulated. I saw a video where the tester recorded the sound from outside the vehicle and then goes into the driver seat and closed the door. Outside, the diesel clatter is exactly as what you described, like sonata taxis :grin:  but once inside, the cabin is almost silent except for a faint distant background hint of a clatter when you really listen out for it.

Qn:

- how is Komoco in terms of discounts off list price?

- How about their trade in service?

- Warranty similar to the 5yrs unlimited mileage from C&C?

One thing I learnt from the showroom visits, is that you can test the knowledge and character of the SE simply by starting a discussion on the competing rival model. :ninja:

Quite abit of the reviews (written/video) for both SF and Sorento said that the diesel clatter is well insulated. I saw a video where the tester recorded the sound from outside the vehicle and then goes into the driver seat and closed the door. Outside, the diesel clatter is exactly as what you described, like sonata taxis :grin:  but once inside, the cabin is almost silent except for a faint distant background hint of a clatter when you really listen out for it.

Qn:

- how is Komoco in terms of discounts off list price?

- How about their trade in service?

- Warranty similar to the 5yrs unlimited mileage from C&C?

Inside the car, when idling, diesel clatter can hardly be heard. When the car is in motion is and accelerator depressed, the sound of the diesel engine can be heard very clearly from the driver seat. And it sounds like a Sonata taxi. No need to try hard to listen.

SE quoted me price as on pricelist. I asked if that was the best he could do, he said no more discounts. (quite a turnoff, tells me you are not hard up for sales, not willing to nego)

He mentioned they have a network of dealers to give me highest price for trade in. Gave me a trade in price only few days later after I asked (again, fail). The price was nothing fantastic but i believe should be better than CnC.

I can get at least 15k more if I sell on my own on SGCM based on research i have done.

Same 5yrs warranty on engine.

Inside the car, when idling, diesel clatter can hardly be heard. When the car is in motion is and accelerator depressed, the sound of the diesel engine can be heard very clearly from the driver seat. And it sounds like a Sonata taxi. No need to try hard to listen.

SE quoted me price as on pricelist. I asked if that was the best he could do, he said no more discounts. (quite a turnoff, tells me you are not hard up for sales, not willing to nego)

He mentioned they have a network of dealers to give me highest price for trade in. Gave me a trade in price only few days later after I asked (again, fail). The price was nothing fantastic but i believe should be better than CnC.

I can get at least 15k more if I sell on my own on SGCM based on research i have done.

Same 5yrs warranty on engine.

ok will drop by showroom after CNY to see if I can live with the taxi-feel....

5yrs warranty unlimited on whole car or just engine?

I thought Kia is 5+10(engine) although the 10 yrs warranty engine is marketing gimmick through and through.... whoever heard of engine failure within our local driving conditions?

What I have heard of is gasket leaking, they will tell you wear and tear..not covered. Piston or casing crack they will say u drive through flood water, not a product problem.

Dropped by on the way home from work today. Did not manage to test drive as almost closing time. But got to sit inside both the 2.4 GDI and the 2.2 CRDi test drive units with the engine running.

The 2.4 petrol is the more refined one at idle. Noise and vibration isolation is as good if not better than my aging lexus. I must say I am pretty impressed.

The 2.2 diesal betrayed a hint of diesal clatter and body vibration especially when i braced my arms against the door panel to try to amplify the sensation.

Will test drive both when I return from my holiday.

↡ Advertisement