Hyundai Sante Fe

Owen_fan

good information bro...lets hope tml coe will b heading south and it will form a double dips hence shows a likely downwards trend...if that the case we will b closer to our target [;)]

good information bro...lets hope tml coe will b heading south and it will form a double dips hence shows a likely downwards trend...if that the case we will b closer to our target [;)]

even if CAT B maintains is also a sign of weakness if you factor in 3 weeks of orders and the carried over unsuccessful bids from last round.

maybe by next year will have brand new model. This facelift came here in Dec 2015.

Hope they bring in a turbo version with cheaper emission which will save us on the $15k cevs surcharge as well as reduce the road tax

Hope they bring in a turbo version with cheaper emission which will save us on the $15k cevs surcharge as well as reduce the road tax

Doubt so they will bring in the petrol turbo cos Sg is taking the Euro/Australian specced cars.

That said, the diesel 2.2 variable geometry turbo is a very good alternative.

What are the cons on diesel apart from having very few pumps at the petrol station?

Less refined engine note and vibration compared to petrol.

Have to liteally make effort to "clear carbon" from DPF if you do mostly short trips.

Higher road tax.

clattering noise I have to agree but if u cover high mileage diesel engine is a good alternative...take a look at the cost which is about $1 a litre...further I have confident in Hyundai diesel engine reliability, take a look at the Hyundai taxis on the road, so much trashing and it is still surviving well...2 cents

clattering noise I have to agree but if u cover high mileage diesel engine is a good alternative...take a look at the cost which is about $1 a litre...further I have confident in Hyundai diesel engine reliability, take a look at the Hyundai taxis on the road, so much trashing and it is still surviving well...2 cents

Haha. He asked for cons only. So I assume he already know about the pros.

6 month Road tax comparison:

Petrol - $526

Diesel - $1007 (Euro V)

Diesel - $1857 (Euro IV)

Depends if paying higher road tax is worth while for Diesel.

6 month Road tax comparison:

Petrol - $526

Diesel - $1007 (Euro V)

Diesel - $1857 (Euro IV)

Depends if paying higher road tax is worth while for Diesel.

If you look at FC figures and total road use cost, then I say must do your homework before deciding between petrol vs diesel.

For me the 450nm torque from low down is enough to convince me.

If you look at FC figures and total road use cost, then I say must do your homework before deciding between petrol vs diesel.

For me the 450nm torque from low down is enough to convince me.

If you like to accelerate most of the time, then it's worth it for you.

But will the costs of higher vehicle price and road tax offset a better FC?

It depends on how much you drive too.

Isn't the Santa Fe using the Euro VI diesel engine? The tax shouldn't be so high?

Euro V or VI, the road tax is the same.

I've computed the road tax using LTA website.

How bad can the petrol car be given that we are a small city and the most you can speed is 100km/h, and most of the time is city driving.

Think petrol version is good enough, you save on the car cost and road tax.

Edited by MadDog70

Isn't the Santa Fe using the Euro VI diesel engine? The tax shouldn't be so high?

Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Diesel Road tax for 6 month (excluding current one off rebate)

Basic Road Tax + Special Diesel Tax (Euro V)

= 1,544.45 + 440

= 1984.45

Currently LTA's diesel road tax highest band is Euro V, so even if Euro VI compliant also boh bah ghey.

How bad can the petrol car be given that we are a small city and the most you can speed is 100km/h, and most of the time is city driving.

For komoco santa fe, diesel is 5K cheaper than petrol (an anomaly based on UK/Australia's petrol vs diesel variants). One reason is because SF diesel is CEVS neutral while SF petrol has 15K surcharge.

Higher torque is about getting to 100kph faster. not about getting above 100kph because at higher rpm and speed, diesel engines will run out of breath with only 147kW of hp at 3800rpm. It is also about 70-90kph over taking power. All perfectly suited for city driving like ours.

SF petrol kerb weight is 1,870kg

SF diesel is 1,980kg

2.4 GDi                                                                        2.2 CRDi

Maximum power 138 kW @ 6000 RPM 147 kW @ 3800 RPM Maximum torque 241 Nm @ 4000 RPM 440 Nm @ 1750-2750 RPM

You have to test drive both back to back to have your own answers ultimately.

I think on another thread I said that if you clock at least 2000 km a month, then the diesel savings will offset the additional cost and the higher taxes.

↡ Advertisement